300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
    spoke with tsu today. contrary to what i was told recently, the lady said they aren't filling any classes right now. not even for the southern border.
    Did she have anything positive to say? Any kind of outlook?

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
      spoke with tsu today. contrary to what i was told recently, the lady said they aren't filling any classes right now. not even for the southern border.
      In TSU for 10 months now. Right before I got into TSU...man, CBP was hot! Calls were going out left and right. Then I get in to TSU and the door slammed!

Now I am temporarily out...again. Background expired. Doing some searching, I have seen others have their background expire due to the FCRA document. Hopefully they send it out this week, and I can get back in line.

All interested, they are hiring 4 LEO's, GL 5-GL 7, for the US Forest Service. Gotta apply by 12AM EST tonight. Its for Helena, MT and 3 spots in Oregon. Entry level. I'm keeping my fingers crossed even though 4 openings is VERY TINY compared to the hundreds of apps received! At least I can say I tried!

Hang in there everyone!!!!!
      Geo Area: SFO/OAK
      Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
      NOR: 09/2008
      TO: 09/25/08
      Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
      Drug Test: 11/2008
      Oral Board: 12/03/08
      BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
      Qualifications: 03/17/09
      Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
      Geo Area: San Francisco County
      Written:05/26/09
      T.O.:08/28/09
      Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
      Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
      Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• I was checking CASS for the first time in months, and everything has a green check mark except my BI it read "pending" and "We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation." Is this about the fair credit reporting act sheet that MHS has sent out a couple months ago??

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
          Just for something to talk about, yesterday on NGC they showed the original "Border Wars" from 2008. This was the NG Explorer and not the current series that is airing. I noticed that several of the officers were wearing drop leg/thigh holsters when they were showing the SB POEs. Is this an option that is allowed for POE where one may be performing more physical activities? (aka shipping ports/border crossings) Seems like it would be somewhat easier to crawl around with the leg setup.
          no we are not allowed to wear drop leg holsters. Wish we could. The SRT team wears them but probably only in accordance with their special duties
          "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• I wonder what impact, if any, the "address update form" had on the TSU line.
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
              In TSU for 10 months now. Right before I got into TSU...man, CBP was hot! Calls were going out left and right. Then I get in to TSU and the door slammed!

Now I am temporarily out...again. Background expired. Doing some searching, I have seen others have their background expire due to the FCRA document. Hopefully they send it out this week, and I can get back in line.

All interested, they are hiring 4 LEO's, GL 5-GL 7, for the US Forest Service. Gotta apply by 12AM EST tonight. Its for Helena, MT and 3 spots in Oregon. Entry level. I'm keeping my fingers crossed even though 4 openings is VERY TINY compared to the hundreds of apps received! At least I can say I tried!

Hang in there everyone!!!!!

My FCRA expired as well and I called MHC yesterday. The lady said that it hadn't been mailed and I asked if she could email it and she did. I already sent the form back today. Hopefully this can help you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by alb3508 View Post
                My FCRA expired as well and I called MHC yesterday. The lady said that it hadn't been mailed and I asked if she could email it and she did. I already sent the form back today. Hopefully this can help you out.
                That's a nice piece of info. Mine is due in a couple of months. Thanks.

Comment

• Can someone pm me with the e-mail to someone I would contact about the physical expiring? Mine expired and I have not heard from them about rescheduling yet.
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• In response to sr20's question about TSA pay banding. D band is D band, they usually list the pay as being around 29k for a D band TSO. That is for a 40hr week. If you get hired as a PT-TSO at 20 hrs expect half of that. Some airports also hire PT at either 32 or 16 hrs. The min and max has to do with the TSA pay for performance system "PASS". I think its flawed but what isn't. I have heard rumor of TSA switching to the GS system which would be good.
                    Last edited by Bob236; 01-20-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=UofU76;2174488]Did she have anything positive to say? Any kind of outlook?[/QUOs

she said they thought things would happen after the holidays and that now maybe the holidays meant Valentine's day. she had nothing positive to say at all.

Comment

• [QUOTE=anydaynow;2175476]
                        Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                        Did she have anything positive to say? Any kind of outlook?[/QUOs

she said they thought things would happen after the holidays and that now maybe the holidays meant Valentine's day. she had nothing positive to say at all.
                        After the holidays? that's a odd comment. When people usually use that phrase it's refering to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I am guessing they really don't have a clue. I bet they are in the dark, just waiting for Washington to give the green light.

Comment

• [QUOTE=UofU76;2175527]
                          Originally posted by anydaynow View Post

After the holidays? that's a odd comment. When people usually use that phrase it's refering to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I am guessing they really don't have a clue. I bet they are in the dark, just waiting for Washington to give the green light.
                          i'm pretty sure they got used to telling people that as the year ended and their phone was ringing off the hook and they didn't know what else to say...

which is exactly the same now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=UofU76;2175527]
                            Originally posted by anydaynow View Post

I believe the TSU person is referring to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years... of 2010.

I agree with you; TSU has no idea what is happening until DC calls and says "Give us X people for Port X for a X , 2010 Academy" and then they make calls.

But they don't know or won't know until they know, you know?

Comment

• [QUOTE=anydaynow;2175476]
                              Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                              Did she have anything positive to say? Any kind of outlook?[/QUOs

Remember you are talking with a government employee. October 2010 IS after the 2009 holidays. Any vague answer I always interpret in the worst possible scenario for me. That way if I'm wrong I get a good surprise. If I correct I was expecting it. Maybe I get that from talking to too many politicians.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I think the folks in TSU pretty much know what's going on...I think they're just not all that interested in sharing what they know with anybody. They know that there's a likelihood that anything they say will be posted on the web within hours. I doubt much of what's going on is set into place months in advance. They want the flexibility to modify/postpone/cancel it all up to the last minute. You don't get that by telling folks that the current plan is to hire 50 people next Monday for a class starting on 03/11...you get that by telling people as little as possible and next Monday if it's still green-lighted...then the calls go out.

You can't be held accountable for what you don't say...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11295 users online. 336 members and 10959 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X