Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I may be the first one to mention this, but you all know you can ignore people on here? It's real easy, go into your profile, in there you'll find a buddy list and an ignore list. Simply put whomever you don't like on the ignore list and magically their ignorant, stupid ***** posts just disappear. That way we won't get this thread locked because of all the nonsense fighting. Anybody see the FPS thread a while back?

Thanks

Comment

• any new news from tsu? i called them and they said they are filling classes right now. for the southern border. anyone hear any different. i'm waiting for Vermont. anyone know anything about their hiring needs?

i'm really just trying to get the subject changed.

Comment

• Has anyone seen this? It says that as of the end of Oct 2009 the CBP union was calling for AT LEAST 4000 new CBPO's. I'm not going to get my hopes up as of yet I have learned better. However it would be nice... http://www.nteu.org/PressKits/PressR...e.aspx?ID=1490

Comment

• If you haven't see it already....

"the Comprehensive Immigration Reform ASAP Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC. 112. INCREASE IN NUMBER OF CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION OFFICERS.

(a) Customs and Border Protection Officers- During the 5-year period between fiscal years 2010 and 2014, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, subject to the availability of appropriations for such purpose, increase by not fewer than 5,000 the total number of full-time, active-duty Customs and Border Protection Officers within United States Customs and Border Protection for posting at United States ports of entry above the number of such officers for which funds were made available during fiscal year 2009."

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.4321:

However, NTEU can ask for anything...90+ house Democrats can push for whatever.

It's all meaningless until and unless it's either voted into law or adopted as agency policy.

Comment

• don't expect that to happen anytime soon. it appears as though they aren't getting along in DC these days. the house can pass plenty of things but the senate is a different story.

that being said, that many cbpo position openings could empty out this tsu situation real fast.

Comment

• I'm not sure what we'd do with 5000 new CBPO's. Currently there are roughly 21000 CBPOs. AT 26000+ Officers I imagine that a great many would be standing around awaiting the odd chance to do something other than 'busy work'. 5000 new positions would also likely mean the practical end of capping out at the 35K OT/premium cap. I can't see where we'd be seeing much for OT nearly everywhere or anytime...with that many new people around and in the mix.

Comment

• Ready to get the call in the morning. Should I pick up the phone on the first couple rings... or make em sweat it out to rings 5 or 6?
                Geo: Illinois
                Test Score: 94
                Quals: GS-7
                T.O.: 8/7/2007
                Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Just for something to talk about, yesterday on NGC they showed the original "Border Wars" from 2008. This was the NG Explorer and not the current series that is airing. I noticed that several of the officers were wearing drop leg/thigh holsters when they were showing the SB POEs. Is this an option that is allowed for POE where one may be performing more physical activities? (aka shipping ports/border crossings) Seems like it would be somewhat easier to crawl around with the leg setup.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                    Ready to get the call in the morning. Should I pick up the phone on the first couple rings... or make em sweat it out to rings 5 or 6?
                    haaahaaa!! I love it!!

Comment

Ready to get the call in the morning. Should I pick up the phone on the first couple rings... or make em sweat it out to rings 5 or 6?
                      Hmmm....first couple of rings makes it look like your desperate. But if you wait a while to pick it up you might give the impression that you aren't interested...

Better hope the caller from TSU isn't your stereotypical single 35 y/o woman...
                      Last edited by sag227; 01-19-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

well you can bet I'm picking the phone up on the first or second ring... instead of say "hello" im going to answer by saying- YES im intrested. My luck its a sales man selling books or something....
                        CBPO

Comment

• I can remember the time when this message board remained at the top...Anybody? Anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
                            I can remember the time when this message board remained at the top...Anybody? Anything?
                            nope.... nothing
                            CBPO

Comment

• i know this is way off the subject...but i have few questions for some of the current/former TSOs...

As I'm waiting to get the "call", I have decided to apply for TSO. Can someone explain what's the difference on the pay band between Part-time Permanent and Full-time Permanent.

http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/pay_scales.shtm

on the link, there's minimum and maximum pay, so how does the raise work?

The location I signed up for, its Part-time Permanent and I think I'm qualified for Band D.
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• spoke with tsu today. contrary to what i was told recently, the lady said they aren't filling any classes right now. not even for the southern border.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3125 users online. 224 members and 2901 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X