300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
    Where are you in that picture? If it wasn't for the old school BDU's I would of thought you were in Iraq.
    The original thread is back on page 21. He was TDY to Iraq.

Last edited by USMC0844; 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Hunt -- YOUR job might be a clerk job, but there are many CBPO's who are making arrests, building low level cases and actually doing the LEO side of our job. Your insistence that the job is not LE is no more valid than those who insist that the job is nothing but LE. It is a very large agency that has many different aspects in different parts of the country/world. Just because your little piece of heaven doesn't do any LE doesn't mean other areas don't.

I think just about every long time CBPO who posts here as stated this job is not knocking down doors and runnin-n-gunnin. We have all stated at one point or another that we are a more laid back LE agency that still has a LEO mission.
      Last edited by kc12; 01-15-2010, 10:05 AM.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
        YES I POKED FUN AT YOU just as you do me ! But I am not a whiney I cannot find a job poster. LAW enforcement is hiring everywhere and the Fed remains in overdrive . Perhaps it is time you looked at your qualifications ?
        You mean to say that my Degree and Background are good enough to become an Officer in the US ARMY (to which I begin OCS in April), but yet I'm not qualified to become a CBPO, ICE, BPA, FBI, etc...

Lets see... CBPO qualifications are a couple of years of work experience with NO education or NO work experience with a Degree... Oh that's right it's an ENTRY level position.

Seriously you SIR need to move on...
        90% of the NEW applicants have an idea of what they are getting themselves into, it's the old salty folks that have all the same grievances you have with the agency, so all of you need to move out!.... Open up those slots so needed for those motivated NEW officers in the making.

FYI
        a "TROLL" is a person who lurks on Forums poking at people trying to stir up controversy. Feeding the "TROLL" is simply acknowledging your posts like I am right now... giving you a reason so that you can keep posting your jargon!

Have a Great day Sir, and I hope you enjoy making your money at a job you hate, as you love to point out to all of us here!!!...
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          You mean to say that my Degree and Background are good enough to become an Officer in the US ARMY (to which I begin OCS in April), but yet I'm not qualified to become a CBPO, ICE, BPA, FBI, etc...

Lets see... CBPO qualifications are a couple of years of work experience with NO education or NO work experience with a Degree... Oh that's right it's an ENTRY level position.

Seriously you SIR need to move on...
          90% of the NEW applicants have an idea of what they are getting themselves into, it's the old salty folks that have all the same grievances you have with the agency, so all of you need to move out!.... Open up those slots so needed for those motivated NEW officers in the making.

FYI
          a "TROLL" is a person who lurks on Forums poking at people trying to stir up controversy. Feeding the "TROLL" is simply acknowledging your posts like I am right now... giving you a reason so that you can keep posting your jargon!

Have a Great day Sir, and I hope you enjoy making your money at a job you hate, as you love to point out to all of us here!!!...

VERY well put Yoda! Jakel b!tches and moans about the job and yet he stays? A true sign of a REAL loser! Have the sac to find another job where you can be happy with yourself and quit spending so much time trying to bring everyone else down with your miserable life!People who really want this career will be more than happy to replace you and will do a better job than a bitter frustrated person like yourself. That is the last time I will "feed the troll!" Those of you who are going to Haiti, I wish I could join you guys! That is an awsome opportunity to help out people! I'm jealous!!! Good luck and be safe out there!
          Last edited by ZODIAC76; 01-15-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• It has been a long wait, but I finally got the call!!!

For ICE that is... EOD is 14FEB2010... So whoever is on the wait list for SF/OAK, you all just moved up a spot... Good luck to all of you guys, hang in there and don't get frustrated, the call WILL come!

Comment

• Originally posted by rhoak View Post
              It has been a long wait, but I finally got the call!!!

For ICE that is... EOD is 14FEB2010... So whoever is on the wait list for SF/OAK, you all just moved up a spot... Good luck to all of you guys, hang in there and don't get frustrated, the call WILL come!
              thats awesome good job!!! when you apply for ICE do you get to choose your geo location or do they just offer any geo? t
              CBPO

Comment

• You get several options depending on the announcement on usajobs.gov, but as it turned out, I applied for San Francisco, and I ended up getting a call for either Fresno or Bakersfield (which are like 3 and 5 hrs away, respectively), but I think they gave me those options because they fall under the San Francisco Office or District.

I'm going to have to move, but it is definitely worth it, at least to get out of TSA!

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                  Hunt -- YOUR job might be a clerk job, but there are many CBPO's who are making arrests, building low level cases and actually doing the LEO side of our job. Your insistence that the job is not LE is no more valid than those who insist that the job is nothing but LE. It is a very large agency that has many different aspects in different parts of the country/world. Just because your little piece of heaven doesn't do any LE doesn't mean other areas don't.

I think just about every long time CBPO who posts here as stated this job is not knocking down doors and runnin-n-gunnin. We have all stated at one point or another that we are a more laid back LE agency that still has a LEO mission.
                  +1

Excellent post.

I don't think anybody pushes this job as high speed - low drag law enforcement. We usually do niche law enforcement by policy, and often management is most reluctant to act in a law enforcement capacity. Still, this "clerk with gun" crap is nonsense, and is going to get somebody killed/jailed someday. The BGs don't care what policy or management dictates; all they see is a badge and gun. The media is more than willing to paint us with the same brush that painted BPAs Compean and Ramos or the cops involved in the Rodney King arrest, or the Amadou Diallo incident, etc. They'll give us no breaks because we're simply "clerks with guns". Simply put, we walk about in uniform, we had better look at, act and train ourselves as LEOs...because when the SHTF, we will be.
                  Last edited by merlin436; 01-15-2010, 09:41 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

• Clerks?

Hunt,
                    Apparently you are out of touch with what most of CBP is about. On the southwest border, we have clerk type folks that do the clerk type work, they are Mission Support people. What you are talking about may take place at your port in the midwest, but here on the southwest border we are busy. So until you have caught and processed your own dope load or alien smuggling event, or even a warrant...you should refrain from talking like you know what goes on....in our agency. Nobody is saying this is the be all end all of law enforcement, but for many it's a foot in the door and a stepping stone to another agency. Since you really don't have a clue what your coworkers are up to, maybe you should watch some episodes of Border Wars. Then you can see what the rest of us are up to, while you sit on your stool in the midwest. What I always tell people is if you don't like the job, go some where else. Since you classify yourself as a clerk, why not quit and head on down to the local Wal-Mart and put your above standard, government trained skills to work.

Maybe I am biased because I am CBPO (Enforcement), but I see CBPO's, regular CBPO's busting their butts everyday and it's a severe injustice for you to berate all CBPO's because of your own skill set.

In closing, if you would ever like to learn how to file a case, do some surveillance, or write a report, let us know. We are here to help. We will even keep the training wheels on until you get up to speed. Best of luck to you and hope your level of self esteem somehow takes a positive upswing.
                    Last edited by USLAWMAN; 01-15-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhoak View Post
                      It has been a long wait, but I finally got the call!!!

Congrats! What's the position for?
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                        Congrats! What's the position for?
                        Immigration Enforcement Agent

Comment

• Sup fellas. It's been awhile but I'll be back around the block. Hope the smurfs in here are doing well. Us picklesuits don't envy it, but I have a deeper understanding of the job, more than you might think. Take care and be safe.

also, why so serious?
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• First post.

What is a "picklesuit." If BP then I have a good story.

Comment

• Yes a 'picklesuit' is us BP.
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Edited for bad-mood posting. Back to your normal programming.
                                Last edited by DirtStyx; 01-17-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9375 users online. 313 members and 9062 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X