300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
    Just received a call from a BI, I meet with him tomorrow afternoon. Other than tell the truth does anyone have any pointers?
    Have originals and copies of all of the documents they want. Have a few more references available than you put on your SF-86. The extra references thing threw me, but I was able to look up some extras while my BI was here.
    CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
      Have originals and copies of all of the documents they want. Have a few more references available than you put on your SF-86. The extra references thing threw me, but I was able to look up some extras while my BI was here.
      Definitely a good idea. And don't dress like a total goof. I don't think a suit is required, but business casual is probably a safe bet.
      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
      July 09 Oral Board
      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, I will have to figure out some more references tonight.

Comment

• does anyone know how you check your test score through application manager? I have never done it..
          Last edited by Tarheel1; 05-28-2008, 08:57 PM.
          CBPO
          Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
          Med/Fit-completed 1/08
          Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
          Quals-completed 6/08
          BI-completed 8/08
          Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
          Start-10/14/08
          FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
            does anyone know how you check your test score through application manager? I have never done it..
            www.applicationmanager.org

You had to have created an account for your score to be posted. From what I gathered you, but you can try anyway.

Comment

• Can someone explain the GS scale for me. Basically I don't understand the step 1 - step 10?

Comment

• While the topic of GS pay is on the table, I have a question.

You are supposed to move up two levels each year until you reach GS-11. So, if you start at GS-5 at your EOD, do you move to GS-6 at 6 months, or is it a two level jump at the end of one year of service?
                CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
                  While the topic of GS pay is on the table, I have a question.

You are supposed to move up two levels each year until you reach GS-11. So, if you start at GS-5 at your EOD, do you move to GS-6 at 6 months, or is it a two level jump at the end of one year of service?
                  Somebody posted the GS scale before. Go back a couple of pages to find out. Basically if you start as a GS-5 the next year on your anniversary as a CBPO you'll become GS-7 and later GS-9 and GS-11 on every anniversary. There are no GS-6 every six months or GS-8 etc.

Comment

Can someone explain the GS scale for me. Basically I don't understand the step 1 - step 10?
                    For most(unless previous goverment service comes into play), the progression to journeyman goes like this: 05-01, 07-01, 09-01, 11-01. Some start as 07's, obviously they reach 11-01 a year earlier.

Steps:

Advancement from...
                    Requires...

step 1 to step 2
                    52 weeks of creditable service at step 1

step 2 to step 3
                    52 weeks of creditable service at step 2

step 3 to step 4
                    52 weeks of creditable service in step 3

step 4 to step 5
                    104 weeks of creditable service in step 4

step 5 to step 6
                    104 weeks of creditable service in step 5

step 6 to step 7
                    104 weeks of creditable service in step 6

step 7 to step 8
                    156 weeks of creditable service in step 7

step 8 to step 9
                    156 weeks of creditable service in step 8

step 9 to step 10
                    156 weeks of creditable service in step 9

Comment

• Ok so I just finished with the BI. I guess it went fine the only thing that makes me nervous is that after talking to me he was going to my employer. The reason I am nervous is because I have only been working there 6 months and I am waiting for my new hire probation paperwork to go through. If he is there talking to my boss about another job then they might not keep me. There were allot of questions that I never would have thought would be asked. You have to remember every little detail about your life and about your family. I have a cousin who is in jail, he wanted to know where, for how long, why, and do I have any contact with him. He wanted to know about my wife's second cousin who lives in Germany on a scholarship program. Wow, my brain is drained.

Comment

Ok so I just finished with the BI. I guess it went fine the only thing that makes me nervous is that after talking to me he was going to my employer. The reason I am nervous is because I have only been working there 6 months and I am waiting for my new hire probation paperwork to go through. If he is there talking to my boss about another job then they might not keep me. There were allot of questions that I never would have thought would be asked. You have to remember every little detail about your life and about your family. I have a cousin who is in jail, he wanted to know where, for how long, why, and do I have any contact with him. He wanted to know about my wife's second cousin who lives in Germany on a scholarship program. Wow, my brain is drained.
                        Is he going to your place of employment or going to call your employer?

Comment

• VBT ???'s

I've tried reading through all of the posts here, but I don't believe I found anything answering my question(s).

I've been scheduled for the VBT in Minneapolis on June 9th. I'm curious about it, since I've never done a video interview.

I've gathered that it's basically just me, a TV and a video camera. Can anyone elaborate on how it proceeds? I'm not interested in actual questions, etc., more interested in the format of the whole process.

Is it one scenario that periodically stops, poses a question, and then gives me 2 minutes to respond while being recorded? Or, am I recorded constantly and only respond when the video tells me to? Or, are there multiple questions/scenarios, and I'm posed a question or two after watching each one?

I don't believe this would constitute "giving away" the exam, but if it is considered so I apologize in advance. I'm simply trying to get an idea of what I should expect. All of my prior LE/USBP interviews were in person.

Good luck to everyone (damn this is getting to be a long thread!)...
                          - Steve
                          "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                            No matter what they make contact with your current employer. Mine came in and talked to 1 collegue, and 2 of my bosses separately.

They are very thorough

Comment

• Originally posted by williamssd View Post
                              I've tried reading through all of the posts here, but I don't believe I found anything answering my question(s).

I've been scheduled for the VBT in Minneapolis on June 9th. I'm curious about it, since I've never done a video interview.

I've gathered that it's basically just me, a TV and a video camera. Can anyone elaborate on how it proceeds? I'm not interested in actual questions, etc., more interested in the format of the whole process.

Is it one scenario that periodically stops, poses a question, and then gives me 2 minutes to respond while being recorded? Or, am I recorded constantly and only respond when the video tells me to? Or, are there multiple questions/scenarios, and I'm posed a question or two after watching each one?

I don't believe this would constitute "giving away" the exam, but if it is considered so I apologize in advance. I'm simply trying to get an idea of what I should expect. All of my prior LE/USBP interviews were in person.

Good luck to everyone (damn this is getting to be a long thread!)...
                              - Steve
                              I think there are 10 hypothetical situations that test your incitement to anger, chain of command issue, bias issues, and your negotiation strategies.

The video includes you from a point of view standard as if the TV monitor are your eyes and you are looking at everything that is happening.

After each situation, you have plenty of time to respond. At the end they start another situation. Only on the last situation are you able to give a reason why you responded how you did. But that is only for the LAST situation. The other responses you make you aren't allowed to justify your responses.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                                First I met with the BI at a diner in the town that I work in. After our face to face he physically went in to my place of employment. I am not sure who or how many people he talked to but I am sure I will find out tomorrow morning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10752 users online. 368 members and 10384 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X