300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    When did the most recent entry-level CBPO announcement close?
    April '09

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
      Anyone who is out of work and waiting for CBP might want to give TSA a shot. The starting pay is between $29,000-$43,000 a year with all the Federal health and retirement benefits. When CBP calls go out everything transfers over. There is no way getting around it, working for TSA sucks. But it's a job and it will pay the bills and help you get by until CBP picks up again.
      I agree. I have applied for Memphis TN, Shreveport LA, Lubbock TX, and Panama City FL. TSA may suck, as I have read by many current and former employees, but it is a foot in the right door.
      Geo Area: SFO/OAK
      Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
      NOR: 09/2008
      TO: 09/25/08
      Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
      Drug Test: 11/2008
      Oral Board: 12/03/08
      BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
      Qualifications: 03/17/09
      Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
      Geo Area: San Francisco County
      Written:05/26/09
      T.O.:08/28/09
      Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
      Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
      Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
        LOL! I know everyone is trying to get a job, but some of you really need to chill out. The calls will come when they come. There are guys on the job now who had a process of 1-3 years, while others got hired in 6 months. No one pulled the wool over any eyes.
        I don't think anyone is really freaking out on here...more venting. This is a great forum for those of us that are frustrated with the process. None of us are saying the wait won't be worth it (at least I don't think that is the message from anyone), but it still is a long wait. This forum is a great therapeutic tool for all of going through the process. I've very grateful there are others complaining because it makes me feel less like I'm not the only one in suspense.

Are all my eggs in one basket? No. I am waiting to clear my background with TSA and right now I am thankful I have a job anyway.

For me, it's not so much about the wait, but the fact that no where are you told even a general time frame about how long the process could actually take. Homeland Security really needs to be more upfront with people who initially start the application process. Even if they had said to me, this could take six months-two years, I would still have applied, but I also would be more prepared for the wait. That is the part that frustrates me, the lack of explanation of the process itself.

Comment

• Watch out for the "TROLL"...
          He couldn't resist poking at the wound that I have not been hired yet, so he had to PM me to rub it in, it is a sad sad man who has to go around looking for others troubles to find pleasure in it...

Good for you Jackel!...

BTW
          I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the user name on the PM... He has changed ID's so many times I thought he had that one cancelled already!!!....
          It just goes to show what type of a man he is...SAD!
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful09 View Post
            Even if they had said to me, this could take six months-two years, I would still have applied, but I also would be more prepared for the wait. That is the part that frustrates me, the lack of explanation of the process itself.
            In August of 2007 they began the "NEW" hiring process for CBP and time frame... they explained it would take from 3-6 months from Test to Hire, at least that was the agencies hope!...
            Prior to that the process took years. There is no rhyme or reason for the process, steps clear when they do, and people get called whenever their number is up...
            It is an extremely frustrating process for most, and very nice and quick for the lucky few... Venting is pretty much the only thing we have, but it really serves no purpose other than making ourselves feel better after. You are not alone Bud! This board probably represents a very low percentage of the applicant pool going through the same process we all are, they simply have not run across this board yet...
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• At times, this forum really is more like a support group than anything else. Haha. Really, I would probably lose my mind if I couldn't vent to you guys.
              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                You are not alone Bud!
                Thanks because that is exactly what all of us needs to hear!

One question to those who know a little bit more about CBP. Is hiring effected by quotas? Example: Does CBP have to hire so many women, so many Hispanics, so many African-Americans? I mean I know they are an EOE, but does that mean a minority with a later TSU date will be hired before someone else? I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but just a question I want to throw out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful09 View Post

For me, it's not so much about the wait, but the fact that no where are you told even a general time frame about how long the process could actually take. Homeland Security really needs to be more upfront with people who initially start the application process. Even if they had said to me, this could take six months-two years, I would still have applied, but I also would be more prepared for the wait. That is the part that frustrates me, the lack of explanation of the process itself.
                  The last two sentences in the paragraph above hit the nail on the head dead on and I couldn't agree more. Same goes with the venting. Reading others' frustrations makes me feel better about mine and makes them more tolerable.
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Here is the email MHC sent me in Feb 2009 which brought me to where I am at now:

"..We are writing to you in reference to your geographic preference of Vermont for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO), GS-5/7, in our CBP Officer inventory with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

CBP is currently completing construction of a brand new, state of the art border facility in xxx , Maine . This new facility will incorporate all of the agency’s latest technologies and will offer new Officers experience in all aspects of our border operations. Due to a critical need to fill CBP Officer positions to support this new facility, we are surveying applicants who live in relative proximity to Maine who are currently in our inventory with the geographic preference of Vermont to consider xxx and the geographic preference of Maine . Applicants with the geographic preference of Maine will be referred for consideration within the next 10 days.

If you are interested in changing your current geographic preference, please respond to this email no later than close of business on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009.

If you do not wish to select Maine as your geographic preference, you do not need to take any action, you will remain in the inventory for the geographic preference of Vermont ..."

So yeah, the above is why I'm frustrated. Things began within days of me changing my GEO per the above email, then they dramatically slowed down after TSU.
                    CBP written test Miami, FL
                    11/10/2007
                    NOR letter 01/16/2008
                    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                    9/4/2009
                    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                    never got first)
                    qualifications completed
                    BI interview 9/30/2009
                    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                    poly: Mar 2011
                    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• All of us understand that the process is unpredictable. I would argue that previously when the process took years, applicants weren't strung along like now. For me, a year ago CASS said to expect a 30-60 day wait. It's understandable if that doesn't happen, but I think anyone would have gotten their hopes up.

Comment

Anyone who is out of work and waiting for CBP might want to give TSA a shot. The starting pay is between $29,000-$43,000 a year with all the Federal health and retirement benefits. When CBP calls go out everything transfers over. There is no way getting around it, working for TSA sucks. But it's a job and it will pay the bills and help you get by until CBP picks up again.
                        How can i find where to see if TSA is hiring. I went to tsa.gov didnt see that they were hiring. Any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                          How can i find where to see if TSA is hiring. I went to tsa.gov didnt see that they were hiring. Any help?

USA jobs

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/a9tsa.aspx
                          CBPO
                          Test: July 2008
                          TO: 12/26/08
                          VBT 1/21/09-passed
                          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                          BI - Cleared
                          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Hey guys, finally made it too "TSU" for SFO/OAK. Referred Dec 1, 2009. Can someone add me to the list?
                            Last edited by 1Lnation; 01-13-2010, 02:48 PM.
                            Test: November 2008
                            Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                            VBT 1/21/09-completed
                            Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                            Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                            Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                            BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                            TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

Sounds good, I am considering it.
                              Test: November 2008
                              Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                              VBT 1/21/09-completed
                              Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                              Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                              Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                              BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                              TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                                USA jobs.gov. It lists jobs by city, state, and job preference.
                                jobsearch.usajobs.gov
                                Last edited by UofU76; 01-13-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3417 users online. 270 members and 3147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X