Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Called MHC Friday. The lady I spoke with said they have not seen any push for hiring so far this year, and most of the hiring was going to be for the SW border (for a good chunk of the year). She also said that everyone has to take the new fitness test, and if you get called for that it does not necessarily mean you will be getting "the call" shortly there after. She eluded to the fact that other ports will need people as well but that might not happen until spring/summer. Here is hoping things pick up soon!

    Comment


    • Border Wars

      Anybody else excited (and depressed) about National Geographic's Border Wars tonight?
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

      Comment


      • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        Anybody else excited (and depressed) about National Geographic's Border Wars tonight?
        Why depressed?
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

        TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU


        EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

        Comment


        • Depressing to see guys and girls out there doing it everyday while we sit around and stagnate in TSU!

          Not really depressing, just a joke.
          CBPO East Texas
          TO: 3/3/09
          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
          TSU: 8/27/09
          FCRA: 05/19/10
          BI Update: 6/16/10

          Comment


          • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
            Anybody else excited (and depressed) about National Geographic's Border Wars tonight?
            I'm getting ready to watch it bundled up in my snuggie while drinking some hot cocoa!! Man it's cold down here in the south!! I don't know how you guys up north do it!! Brrrr!!

            Comment


            • ..and then they HAD to show Marine/Air CBP!

              talk about cool factor!

              Timelines:

              CBPO
              App: 2/12/09
              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
              Written: 2/20/09
              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

              IEA
              App: 5/5/09
              Geo: San Diego
              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
              NOR: 7/20/09
              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
              TO: 10/6/09
              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

              BPA
              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
              App: 8/17/10
              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

              Comment


              • Borderlands

                My family and I watched as the CBPO tore apart that car that was smuggling in drugs into the country. My brother said he was jealous that i would get to tear apart cars. I couldn't help but agree
                CBPO
                TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
                T.O. 3/31/09
                S7

                FAM
                Applied: 2/5/10
                paperwork: 3/27/10
                CO: Waiting

                Comment


                • Here is a good read (or skim) for those interested in the National Treasure Employees Union's (NTEU) opinion on staffing levels. This is pretty recent (10/22/09). The highlight for those that prefer the "Reader's Digest" version is on Page 5, under "CBP STAFFING SHORTAGES".

                  http://homeland.house.gov/SiteDocume...3853-04230.PDF
                  Last edited by Bolts56; 01-10-2010, 11:27 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by erica18d View Post
                    Called MHC Friday. The lady I spoke with said they have not seen any push for hiring so far this year, and most of the hiring was going to be for the SW border (for a good chunk of the year). She also said that everyone has to take the new fitness test, and if you get called for that it does not necessarily mean you will be getting "the call" shortly there after. She eluded to the fact that other ports will need people as well but that might not happen until spring/summer. Here is hoping things pick up soon!
                    I talked to TSU and had a similar conversation. Most of hiring this year is going to the southern border and she did say other ports needed help, but as of now those areas are being denied new hires. “Expect non-southern border hiring to pick up sometime after 2011, so continue to check CASS and keep your stuff up to date.”
                    Not what I wanted to hear.

                    Comment


                    • I was looking through the CBP's website and noticed this under the FAQ's for the BI.

                      "...records checks to verify citizenship of family members..."

                      Does this mean that one cannot work for CBP if one's parents are legal resident aliens but not citizens?
                      The more you sweat in here, the less you'll bleed on the street. - Plaque at LASD academy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fstein138 View Post
                        I was looking through the CBP's website and noticed this under the FAQ's for the BI.

                        "...records checks to verify citizenship of family members..."

                        Does this mean that one cannot work for CBP if one's parents are legal resident aliens but not citizens?
                        No.

                        They'll be checking citizenship and immigration status of mom, dad, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. If all is legitimate, then all is legitimate.

                        The APPLICANT needs to be a US citizen. If the family happens to be citizens of Cuba, Syria, North Korea or any of the other countries that we hold less than dearly in our hearts, then expect to see bumps in the road.

                        Ultimately, it'll come down to the circumstances involved, as it always does.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by fstein138 View Post
                          I was looking through the CBP's website and noticed this under the FAQ's for the BI.

                          "...records checks to verify citizenship of family members..."

                          Does this mean that one cannot work for CBP if one's parents are legal resident aliens but not citizens?
                          Even if they are here legally you will be asked several more questions on you BI. Every SSBI has that issue looked at, not just CBPO.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                          For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            I talked to TSU and had a similar conversation. Most of hiring this year is going to the southern border and she did say other ports needed help, but as of now those areas are being denied new hires. “Expect non-southern border hiring to pick up sometime after 2011, so continue to check CASS and keep your stuff up to date.”
                            Not what I wanted to hear.
                            I'm substitute teaching right now in a room full of loud, smelly, disrespectful illiterates thinking to myself "I won't have to do this much longer. It's gotta be soon." Then I read this. This is a like a God damn nightmare.
                            Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 01-11-2010, 02:04 PM.
                            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by fstein138 View Post
                              I was looking through the CBP's website and noticed this under the FAQ's for the BI.

                              "...records checks to verify citizenship of family members..."

                              Does this mean that one cannot work for CBP if one's parents are legal resident aliens but not citizens?
                              No, I was in the same situation. My mother is a non-resident legal alien and wishes to keep her foreign citizenship. I was asked more questions regarding that side of my family (for national security reasons) but it was not a big deal in the long run. You'll be fine.. Unless like Merlin said... you're family is from a country that doesn't like the U.S.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                                I'm substitute teaching right now in a room full of loud, smelly, disrespectful illiterates thinking to myself "I won't have to do this much longer. It's gotta be soon." Then I read this. This is a like a God damn nightmare.


                                I'm working in a school with the same types of kids!!! LOL

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11981 users online. 453 members and 11528 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X