Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back from Spain and I see that not much has changed on here!!! WHERE ARE ALL THE CALLS AT?!? WHERE'S MYYYYYY CALL?!? Ok...I feel better now! LOL

Comment

• I have been in the process for this job for over 2 years, I have been in TSU for 9 months. I have re tested the medical and fitness, I just sent in the letter that everyone else did.(24 hours after I got it) Today I checked CASS, my pre employment forms and Background expired! Just when I thought nothing else could expire. Does anyone know if I have to re do the entire background?? What a giant waste of money, My BI just cleared last April, now they are going to do another one?
      Last edited by UofU76; 01-04-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
        Wow...that's not good. I'm surprised my contacts up there haven't said anything. I will have to check that out. No offense Girly (Jenni)...but I hope you are wrong!

Good job on the weight loss and muscle gain. Keep it up!!!
        NO offense taken, I hope I'm wrong too LOL...just going off of what was said if u hear differently definitely let me know : 0 )
        Tested March 08
        TO June 08
        Medical COMPLETE 12/08
        VBT complete 08 passed
        Qualification GS-5 September 08
        BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
        NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• I am at FLETC now for ICE. I too did the whole CBP thing and am still waiting. While here I found out CBP cancelled classes and will not do any hiring until April. This was from someone who just graduated from CBP. There is hardly nobody here for CBP. If you gone this far what is 3 more months? So hang in there. If you decide to give up the only person it is going to hurt is you. DHS couldn't care less if you drop out. It is a good job and a good paying job. Especially when jobs are hard to come by now a days. Just use the time to get in better shape so you don't fail the fitness test.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
            I have been in the process for this job for over 2 years, I have been in TSU for 9 months. I have re tested the medical and fitness, I just sent in the letter that everyone else did.(24 hours after I got it) Today I checked CASS, my pre employment forms and Background expired! Just when I thought nothing else could expire. Does anyone know if I have to re do the entire background?? What a giant waste of money, My BI just cleared last April, now they are going to do another one?
            After Reading your post I logged in and saw the same thing. Will be e-mailing to find out what happened. Keep us posted on your findings.

Comment

I have been in the process for this job for over 2 years, I have been in TSU for 9 months. I have re tested the medical and fitness, I just sent in the letter that everyone else did.(24 hours after I got it) Today I checked CASS, my pre employment forms and Background expired! Just when I thought nothing else could expire. Does anyone know if I have to re do the entire background?? What a giant waste of money, My BI just cleared last April, now they are going to do another one?
              Same thing happened to me. What's going on is if you call them, they will FedEx you a Fair Credit Reporting Act Form for you to fill out and send back. That form is only good for a year and it's considered a pre-employment and background documentation.

I had to do it last month. Mine hasn't even expired yet, not until the end of this month, but I just happened to log into Cass one day, because that's what I do every day, and noticed that those same two things were pending.

I called and actually talked to someone and they told me that since I called, they would go ahead and send me the form so I could get back into TSU. She also told me that for my geo, calls wouldn't go out until after the 1st of the year. I tried to get her to narrow it down, but she said she wasn't exactly sure when but that calls will indeed pick up, and it would be after the holiday.

I hope she was referring to New Years and not the 4th of July
              Last edited by CMUnupe; 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM.
              Written Test: 3/08
              NOR: 4/08
              TO: 4/08
              Medical: 4/08
              Fitness: 6/08
              VBT: 6/08
              Met with investigator: 10/08
              Received NOPA: 11/08
              Won appeal: 3/09
              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
              New fitness: 7/28/09
              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

500 new hires this FY. Do you know roughly how much that is down from last year?
                500 seems like its bad news. 10 classes of 50 or 20 classes of 25? If you divide 500 by the number of States that’s 10 new hires per state or the number of GEO locations (more than 50) the outlook does not look good, it's worse. I know hiring is not based equally among states or geo locations but when I broke it down this way I realized how small of a number 500 is, unless you are in TSU for the southern border and they allocate a large portion of that 500. Chances are a large portion of that 500 is for the southern border.
                BTW, it's more or less doing yourself and others a disservice comparing 2010 hiring to 2009 hiring. Both 2008 and 2009 were essentially banner years in terms of the numbers of CBPO's hired. A likely more fair comparison would be the 'more average' 05-06 years, when considerably less than 1/2 of the 08-09 numbers were hired.

On a possible more cheery note... I've heard of two classes scheduled for the last two weeks of Feb. that are supposedly still on. If that's true, we should be hearing of roughly 75-100 people getting a call soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                  Man I hope so!! I turn 36 tomorrow and cutting it close. That would be horrible to have my life on hold this long and not get it because of my age!! I will keep my head up though and pray for the best!! Never thought that I would ever get to an age where I was too old for a job!! 

I hope everyone had a great holiday!! 
                  Wow! You are old. I don't turn 36 for 10 more days
                  Happy Birthday and GL

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                    Same thing happened to me. What's going on is if you call them, they will FedEx you a Fair Credit Reporting Act Form for you to fill out and send back. That form is only good for a year and it's considered a pre-employment and background documentation.

I had to do it last month. Mine hasn't even expired yet, not until the end of this month, but I just happened to log into Cass one day, because that's what I do every day, and noticed that those same two things were pending.

I called and actually talked to someone and they told me that since I called, they would go ahead and send me the form so I could get back into TSU. She also told me that for my geo, calls wouldn't go out until after the 1st of the year. I tried to get her to narrow it down, but she said she wasn't exactly sure when but that calls will indeed pick up, and it would be after the holiday.

I hope she was referring to New Years and not the 4th of July
                    I just got off the phone with them and they said basically the same thing. They have sent me the Fair Credit Reporting Act form.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                      Happy Birthday and GL
                      I turned 36 in Sept 09. Sent an email to MHC asking how I request an extension for military time served. They responded that as long as I stay under my current announcement / TO, that the age limit will not apply. If I change geo prefs, announcements, or if my file is closed for any reason and I reapply, then the age limit will kick in for me.
                      CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by blessed View Post
                        After Reading your post I logged in and saw the same thing. Will be e-mailing to find out what happened. Keep us posted on your findings.
                        I talked to them also. They are sending me the same form. (Fair Credit Reporting Act)
                        The woman said most of us in TSU have forms expiring, so expect a whole new wave of having to re do stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          BTW, it's more or less doing yourself and others a disservice comparing 2010 hiring to 2009 hiring. Both 2008 and 2009 were essentially banner years in terms of the numbers of CBPO's hired. A likely more fair comparison would be the 'more average' 05-06 years, when considerably less than 1/2 of the 08-09 numbers were hired.

On a possible more cheery note... I've heard of two classes scheduled for the last two weeks of Feb. that are supposedly still on. If that's true, we should be hearing of roughly 75-100 people getting a call soon.
                          It depends on how you look at it. Comparing 2010 to 2009 has put the whole hiring process and what I can expect into perspective. Economists, historians, statisticians, accountants would disagree with your conclusion that comparing trends, outlooks, patterns, and in this case CBP hiring needs for 2010-2009 is a disservice.
                          I started this process during the hiring boom (2007)and it helps me understand what’s going on by comparing the past to the present.
                          I can only speak for myself, but it has not been a disservice for me to compare them.
                          Last edited by UofU76; 01-05-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                            I turned 36 in Sept 09. Sent an email to MHC asking how I request an extension for military time served. They responded that as long as I stay under my current announcement / TO, that the age limit will not apply. If I change geo prefs, announcements, or if my file is closed for any reason and I reapply, then the age limit will kick in for me.
                            If you are eligible for veterans preference (most who have served within the last 10 years are) then you don't have to worry about your age being a disqualifier. It is waived. When I get a chance I can provide a link if you want.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                              Happy Birthday and GL
                              Yeah I say hello to the big 36 on friday. Hope this call comes soon

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                                Thanks so much for the info and happy late birthday!! I don't have the military time to fall back on so this post was a relief!! I need to go polish my cane now and soak my dentures..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8443 users online. 226 members and 8217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X