• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dajob
    SEEOH
    Job Begging Novice
    {his posted name }

What is comical is you whining and begging for my job.
    I am on a second career .
    Maybe we should report you to CBP as a security risk. Someone begging for a job might be easy to bribe on the line .
    Speaking of mature discussion and that is what a LEO board is about one does not have to agree with everything said.
    I guess as long as you post false hoods and pump CBP then the stampers think it is not flaming.
    But it is hilarious that you want to report me for what to CBP ?
    CBP has been ranked the worst place to work forever.
    The DHS sent surveys out where I wrote the same things LOl !
    AS did thousands of others a few years back.
    A security risk is not someone WHO WANTS TO GET RID of the customer Service job and turn it into an Enforcement JOb.

Dajob,

Wow, you're beyond me. I'm done with you because I simply cannot understand what you're saying (poor English and grammar) and whatever you do say is absolute nonsense. I never said I was going to report you but someone as disgruntled as you should be. Please, go ahead and report me. If I never work as a CBPO, that's fine. I have a great job and I worked in Law Enforcement for many years. I had my fun and busted criminals. At least I can say I was happy with my job and I did a great job (except for the money or I would still be there). Good luck with your miserable career.

And job begging novice is considered a joke. You would understand that but your English is bad enough.
    Last edited by seeOH; 12-31-2009, 08:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• dajob,

NO ONE CARES HOW MUCH YOU MAKE!!!!!!!!!! If that's all you have in your life, it's pretty sad!
      With all the bitching you do about how much you hate your job and no one should join, you sure like to brag about your pay.
      Everyone who gets the job will be making over 100K eventually, so how does that make you any different or better????
      Wait, let me guess. It makes you better because you can do it now and not have to wait for those non-competitive raises that everyone who isn't a total screw up gets? Judging from how you cry & complain about how much the job sucks and your obvious limited intelligence, you wouldn't have made it past a GS07 if it was a competitive process.
      Geo Pref - Boston
      Written - 7/25/2008
      TO - 3/6/2009
      Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
      Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
      VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
      Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
      Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
      BI - 5/13/2009
      TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Does anyone have a number or email address I could call regarding my background check? It was denied - I appealed it - It has been a very, very long time in the "pending" status.

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
          For those waiting, keep in mind we our basically a customer service department.
          I am pretty sure we have doubled or more are number of customer service reps ugh I mean officers.
          BUT TRAFFIC is down as much as 50% in many areas. Maybe some airports are still hopping but many land borders are dead as are many airports.
          TUFF economic times cause travel to slow ,all types of travel bussiness and pleasure.
          KEEP in mind it was just last Feb that people were talking about another Great Depression.
          As the economy picks up hiring should if the G does `nt run out of money !
          What bull-oney...lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
            Im sorry but I had to jump in on this one. I was a victim of Katrina. I was homeless for 2 months and then lived upstairs for 6 more months with my family while my downstairs was being repaired (Not to mention both my husband and son are both type 1 diabetics with no kitchen). I respect and thank everyone who came to this town after the storm to help out. I first hand saw MANY CPBO working along with military to help get the city back in order. Now dajob, if you personally came in town and saw that there were no CBPO and giving your opinion on the matter then more power to you. YOU DIDN'T and I did so just like the rest of your postings your opinion on the matter is about the same as what you wipe off your %$# everday when you go to the bathroom!!!

BTW... the reason Merlin has over 1,000 posts is because he doesn't have to hide behind the 20 characters that you portray to be on this forum. If Merlin had multiple personalities, his number of posts on this thread would look pretty much like yours!! At least he is here to help, what are you doing here?? Just something to think about!!

To everyone else.....Have a Wonderful and Happy New Year!!!

Good post.

Da job - I was down with the Katrina response with CBP. We did in fact patrol. We augmented the Harbor Police for several weeks and patrolled their jurisdiction, the french quarter, other areas that were short on man power as well. The customs house was a gig towards the end for security. Several of us patrolled the BP sector HQ on the west bank as well.
            CBP is a large, if not the largest LE agency in the government now. The USCG and CBP are the defacto DHS army. We are the manpower that FEMA will draw from in the future. If you don't think so, ask why they are force feeding so much change to include M4s and Shotguns to ports that previously never had them. Go find a Firearms Instructor to show you the new score categories in FACTS and ask yourself why everyone now has 4 score blocks - Pistol, M4 burst, M4 auto and 870 shotgun....

Comment

• I consider myself extremely fortunate that this hiring process has been the biggest dissapoinment in my adult life to date. Think about how much worse the biggest dissapointment could be. One day I hope that will change. CBP looks like a great place to work and has a unique and interesting mission.
              Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 01-02-2010, 12:29 PM.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• There is a reason why people here do not take their attitude of bickering to Private Messages... They need to beat their "look at me" keyboard chest... Get over yourselves...

On the CBP ACTUAL TOPIC of recruitment - FLETC, etc... HENSE - LAW ENFORCEMENT JOB CENTER -

The Buzz in the air atm - regarding FLETC and recruitment:
                Possibly no new CBP classes until march.
                Apparently the new standards may have harmed successful completion to an extent for Chief review / evaluation.
                Having heard dramatic chat that classes of X amount last year will be reduced a fair percentage...
                CBP holds the largest officer based employment of all LEO agencies, (whether some call it (LEO) one thing / others call it another - keep on FORUM TOPIC). Seems now that the base recruitment has filled locations - they are focused more on promoting quality vs quanity... (gotta start somewhere with quality) With this said - The evaluation of what is going on in FLETC and drop rate - has an equal focus on evaluation of what is going on with recruitment and quality candidates.
                Look forward to seeing you guys / gals join the CBP family - look forward to seeing retirement of many lazy officers - we all know the ones... and fresh CBP replacing them... a bit of time to get up to speed - build actual experience to support the role as border protection... Though buidl a bit of PRIDE in CBP over these lushes who constantly frown on actually working...

Anyhow, hang in there - IF... the big word here... IF the rumor mill churms out truth, seems FLETC may start sending notices soon... as it is 1 month at the port before heading off to FLETC - and maybe 2 weeks or so (?) to finalize offer / select or be appointed your port.
                Seen a few here who give me a good vibe for the future CBP Officers... Keep your head up! You will be in soon enough. Oh one other note: When at FLETC... let the Bureau of Prisons (Boppers) keep the title of the 3 week party kids... and bring some pride to your position to keep CBP from retaining that title...

Best of success to those who want to take pride in their job / team attitude - Hope to see you on board. To the others - get the hell out of their way and play your self centered arrogant chip elsewhere.
                Last edited by Sytes; 01-02-2010, 11:46 AM.
                Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Sytes,
                  Thanks for sharing. Many of us applicants, myself included, appreciate any bit of information that we can get at this point, rumor or otherwise. You're right, with two weeks "lead-time" and four weeks of Pre-Academy, March isn't that far away for CBPO FLETC classes to resume. Thanks for the info. and the words of encouragement. Take care.

Comment

• My New Year's Resolution:
                    Staying in shape so hopefully I can be in that March class!

Comment

• I would love to see classes start up in March. With that said, I don’t believe it. For the last year someone comes along and says on this month, or on this week, or on this day FLETC will start back up and it’s never been true. January 2010 was supposed to be when calls started, now we are hearing March 2010. Before that it was November 2009, before that all the talk was about October 2009 and the new budget, before that all the talk was about August 2009, before that it was June and so on…
                      The fact of the matter is no one really knows, people are just guessing. We will know when hiring starts back up again because many of us will post “I got the call” and disappear from the forum.

Comment

• Sytes,

Thanks for the news.
                        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                          I would love to see classes start up in March. With that said, I don’t believe it. For the last year someone comes along and says on this month, or on this week, or on this day FLETC will start back up and it’s never been true. January 2010 was supposed to be when calls started, now we are hearing March 2010. Before that it was November 2009, before that all the talk was about October 2009 and the new budget, before that all the talk was about August 2009, before that it was June and so on…
                          The fact of the matter is no one really knows, people are just guessing. We will know when hiring starts back up again because many of us will post “I got the call” and disappear from the forum.
                          Based on Sytes' information, calls would start this month for FLETC in March... Call in mid-January, two weeks from the call to Feb. 1 start date, and then four weeks of pre-Academy leading up to FLETC in March. That is pretty consistent with what others have said about TSU telling them that calls would resume in January.

I am right there with you though...
                          "Hiring always slows down in the summer"
                          "They're implementing the new standards at FLETC"
                          "Wait until the new fiscal year"
                          "Wait until the budget is approved"
                          "January 2010"

Plus, the calls that do go out could be for 25 person classes every other month and 150 us (out of 2000+) will go to FLETC this year. We missed the most recent hiring push, but there will be another one. My speculation is that ~1,000 folks retire every year, but the GS-12 upgrade will have all of the 2010, 2011, and 2012 retirees retiring at the beginning of 2013 when they get their high-3. This will leave CBP ~3,000 Officers short, there will be a mass hiring resulting in 15-day TSU waits, and all of us will be banging our heads against the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                            Based on Sytes' information, calls would start this month for FLETC in March... Call in mid-January, two weeks from the call to Feb. 1 start date, and then four weeks of pre-Academy leading up to FLETC in March. That is pretty consistent with what others have said about TSU telling them that calls would resume in January.

I am right there with you though...
                            "Hiring always slows down in the summer"
                            "They're implementing the new standards at FLETC"
                            "Wait until the new fiscal year"
                            "Wait until the budget is approved"
                            "January 2010"

Plus, the calls that do go out could be for 25 person classes every other month and 150 us (out of 2000+) will go to FLETC this year. We missed the most recent hiring push, but there will be another one. My speculation is that ~1,000 folks retire every year, but the GS-12 upgrade will have all of the 2010, 2011, and 2012 retirees retiring at the beginning of 2013 when they get their high-3. This will leave CBP ~3,000 Officers short, there will be a mass hiring resulting in 15-day TSU waits, and all of us will be banging our heads against the wall.
                            we are on the same page, you said it better than I did.

Comment

• CBPO is 1 of the options I'm looking at for when I get out of active duty. The main problem is there doesn't appear to be any openings. Has anyone in CBP heard anything about hiring? Does anybody think that with what recently happened in Detroit that CPB will ramp up hiring?

Comment

• With the thousands of people who are in TSU for CBPO and BPA positions, they will have to be hired first before a new announcement opens up. Some say it could be a year, others say it will be 2012 or later. Truth is noone knows.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10222 users online. 486 members and 9736 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X