Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dajob, I don't like punks who hide behind PMs. Let's keep it in the open, and let everyone see what their tax dollars are funding.

Good point !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
    No
    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
    No
    Military
    I see gramar has really gotten you somewhere !
    When will you have a gun and creds !
    I can carry under my 10 years as a law enforcement officer under HR !
    I can carry 24/7 with CBP however they refuse to issue retirement creds does that tell you something.
    Furthermore LOSER I made 98k last year with CBP
    Oh add my retirement pay and I made well over 100k
    SO KEEP HOPING THAT GSA AND four years in the military gets you a job !
    When you graduate any acadamy let me know LOL !

More like ten years in the military. I've got combat experience and military decorations for courage under fire. When will you get that? I've been in military and civilian intelligence for the past three years, when will you do that? I've got a college degree, when will you get that?

Somehow I doubt you would be able to fill out the application with your "gramar" for any of the jobs I am seeking. If your best putdown is that you can carry a weapon 24/7, then I almost feel guilting for slapping around such a mental midget. I have a concealed weapons permit, so I can carry whenever I want. YAY ME!

Really, please work on your game before you come back here and post more nonsense. And please, let us keep this in the public view so I'm not the only one who gets to enjoy the comedy show you put on.
    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
      STUNG ya guy ?
      I am me who are you ? Where do you stamp at so I can say Hi and snap a pic !
      NOW once again lets keep it quiet.

Law enforcement vs Stampers discussion !
      ::sigh::

No, you didn't sting. I guess you can put me in the "Don't Get It" column. No, I'm not a police officer, you got me there.

I could try to explain about how, even though I don't do what you see on Cops everyday I still consider myself law enforcement, but I don't think it would matter. I could explain about how happy I've been with my career so far, but you really don't care. I could even point out other law enforcement agencies that "aren't cops" but still have important jobs and make a difference in our society, but I'd be waisting my time.

To you, we are all stamp monkeys. I certainly can't fault you for feeling the way that you do and for having such a low opinion of yourself working in this agency. I'm frustrated that you choose to be as vocal about that as you can instead of trying to improve your situation, but that's your choice. I give up.

I respect your opinion and I think you probably would have a lot to teach the new guys on the job if only you can get out of the fog your in. I hope you find the dream job your looking for and the happiness that that brings. Stay safe.

Comment

• Prior miltary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be polite son. That is the first thing you need to learn your temper is not going to get you far.
        NOW let me school ya .
        Prior military will not get you far for a law enforcement job or for that matter any other.
        In fact until very recently most local police jobs did not take military service in considerartion
        As for the Fed HAHAA you will get 5 to 10 points and that is about it.
        About 90% of Ice agents are from local departments or top schools not your GSA ! ANd most are not military
        I know you were a sniper and ranger and you will kick my butt LOL.
        AGAIN EMAIL WHEN YOU GET A JOB.
        Google about what prior miltary gets you .
        In fact our newspaper ran a full page article on the issue.
        NORMALLY I SUPPORT EX MILITARY but your little kid attacks against grammer show your limited abilty to access a threat or much else anything.
        HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT DOING 20 years in military as it may be a good option for you.

School me? The Secret Service happened to tell me that they prefer prior service military for their special agent positions, especially combat veterans. The same was said to me when I passed my DEA panel interview a few weeks ago. My military experience has been nothing but a positive for every job I have applied for.

Have I thought about doing 20 in the military? Sure, I'm still in the reserves at the moment. I'm not going back on active duty because I make too much money here in the civilian world with less stress on my family.

Outside of being a bitter CBPO, what have you ever done in life worth noting? For the record, I was recruited by the local and state police...but I have no interest in being in local law enforcement. Not a knock on local peace officers, but I would have to take an unacceptable pay cut to go there and the income potential isn't high enough for me.

You think my only qualifications are military service? You would be wrong, again, but I think you are probably used to being wrong by now.
        Big Brother is watching

Comment

Jarhead_FBI_SA
          A lot of talk for someone without creds/badge ?
          Glad you have so many people calling you ,call me when you get an offer.
          And thank Obama as he is the force behind all this hiring or you would be sitting without applications.
          But you have made the point for me .You have a lot of applications and nothing else ! Hurry up you have time to get on the short list for the Presidential election ! Maybe Sarah will pick ya !
          Obviously, your creds and badge haven't done anything to make you smarter...so maybe I am better off without them?

BTW, keep working on your "grammer," and use spellcheck for God's sake.
          Big Brother is watching

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again. This agency is large enough that you can do what you want to do. If you want more action go to the southwest border. If you want more cargo and a lot of action go to Miami. If you want to be a stamp monkey go to an airport. If you want international travel get with CSI or pre-clearance, or volunteer for one of the various TDY's to teach in a foreign country or go to Iraq.

Personally after spending many years on the streets I grew tired of getting into fights and getting sprayed with blood at least monthly. So here I sit in a small seaport loving life. Something I have noticed is it seems those who do primarily passenger processing are very bitter. Those who do primarily cargo are not. I've also noticed those who want to be action po-po are very unhappy here. Those who are fine with enforcing many different laws with very little notice are happier. I like living out of the limelight. I had my share and I grew tired of it. If you think for a minute we are not LE, it is because you are in a port that doesn't value that line of thought. Move to a different port and you might see a little more of the LE side of the house. To those on the outside looking in you are the po-po. You have the gear, the uniform, and the training. If you decide to go about your life like you are Joe Blow you are putting yourself and others in danger.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Actually, there were many CBPO's patroling and policing in LA during the aftermath of Katrina.

I guess that's just another aspect of the job that Dajob has turned a blind eye to.

Comment

• Called TSU today. Was told nothing going on right now. That the rumor is that mid January calls for the Southern Border will go out. Uuuuuuuuuuugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                  dajob, I don't like punks who hide behind PMs. Let's keep it in the open, and let everyone see what their tax dollars are funding.

Good point !

No
                  No
                  Military
                  I see gramar has really gotten you somewhere !
                  When will you have a gun and creds !
                  I can carry under my 10 years as a law enforcement officer under HR !
                  I can carry 24/7 with CBP however they refuse to issue retirement creds does that tell you something.
                  Furthermore LOSER I made 98k last year with CBP
                  Oh add my retirement pay and I made well over 100k
                  SO KEEP HOPING THAT GSA AND four years in the military gets you a job !
                  When you graduate any acadamy let me know LOL !

More like ten years in the military. I've got combat experience and military decorations for courage under fire. When will you get that? I've been in military and civilian intelligence for the past three years, when will you do that? I've got a college degree, when will you get that?

Somehow I doubt you would be able to fill out the application with your "gramar" for any of the jobs I am seeking. If your best putdown is that you can carry a weapon 24/7, then I almost feel guilting for slapping around such a mental midget. I have a concealed weapons permit, so I can carry whenever I want. YAY ME!

Really, please work on your game before you come back here and post more nonsense. And please, let us keep this in the public view so I'm not the only one who gets to enjoy the comedy show you put on.
                  Wow that looks exactly like a PM I got today from ECAPECBP almost word for word. Yet they claim to not be the same person. Hmm interesting.

And your
                  No
                  No
                  photographer
                  CRJ DEGREE and acadamy is from where ?

Interesting profile you have ! Anytime you want to put your extensive criminal investigative skills on the line let me know.
                  When are you going to get off the wanna be and get a badge and a gun?
                  Do you get off sucking up to other want to bees like Merlin LOL ?
                  I have one profile here.
                  I really have no interest in CBP.
                  Although I occasionally post because I cannot handle the total B.S. some of these people put out.
                  It is a clerk job plain and simple.
                  You could go to work without a vest and a gun and never have any fear. In fact almost everyone does not wear gear.
                  In fact the person you idolize Merlin has how many posts here over 2500.00 does `not that tell you something?
                  Use those photographer skills LOL

Will someone please tell me what the F a Jakel is!?!?
                  Last edited by imlikeaninja; 12-30-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Yes, dajob, this is silly...you jacktard.

This is silly

It is like playing smack down with a little kid.
                    Lets get this straight.
                    You had an interview big deal. You have no job.
                    The Agent said job is yours LOL and he told that to everybody .
                    Yes we get it you are former miltary like thousands
                    That gets you what ?
                    You have a lot of range time that gets you what ?
                    I carry everywhere in US you need a CCW and some States won`t let you carry anyway So tell that to the cop who is cuffing you up. I am prior military with a lot of range time
                    HOW OUTEARNED YOU BY DOUBLE ITF NOT MORE LAST YEAR.
                    yOU ARE THE GRAMMER POLICE.
                    but YOU FAIL TO REALIZE I am doing something else while I am typing to you even at home like now.
                    SO grow up.
                    Before you can walk you need to crawl.
                    Get through any acadamy before you talk smack
                    And enjoy the GS 5 which I don`t believe you even have a job offer.

It is actually a GS-7 position...you know, superior academic achievement and all (I'm sure you know nothing of it from your typing skills).

Again, you assume I am trying to qualify on military experience alone. But again, you're wrong (is that your middle name, or one of your three screen names?). I have a pretty diverse skill set outside the military, including federal employment. So I want to be an 1811, so what? You out earned me? YAY FOR YOU! I'll send you a cookie in the mail.

But from your multiple screen names and blabbering nonsense, I'm going to guess you are a 7th grade Dungeons and Dragons freak who feels important on message boards. And on that note...I'm done with you.

I'm sure the fine people here seeking a career in CBP don't want to read your drivel or my replies to you. This is an EMPLOYMENT forum, not a place for you to run your suck about how much better you are than everyone...especially when you can't even form a complete sentence if your life depended on it. If you really are a CBPO, then God save us all because we are in deep s***.

Later, jacktard.
                    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• I have serve in the military, have a 4 year degree, and I am currently a CBP officer. There are so many different laws that CBP enforces. From a broad source of immigration laws to customs laws. CBP officers do not only work as primary immigration officers at the airport which most layman think. First of all, as a competent primary officer at the airport, one must know immigration law; they must determine admissiblity and who must go to secondary inspection. Yes, I agree that CBP primary officers at the airport do not really need a vest or firearm and most of the time they are simply stamp monkeys. However, they still enforce immigration law. Set a side primary officers, there are many teams within CBP that require a firearm, NCIC arrest on ships, aircraft, and at the southern border. Remember, CBP officers are the ones who took custody of the Nigerian terrorist off the Northwest flight. CBP officers work on admissablity charges and removals for illegal aliens and make sure they leave the country on a vessels or aircraft. CBP officers working at the seaport have enforcement boardings with other agencies on targeted international vessels. CBP officers have drug seizure, merchandise seizures, and IPR seizures everyday. They work closely with all federal agencies including the FBI. CBP officers might not bust down doors and chase after fleeing suspects (even though down at the southern border they do have scuffels and chases of suspects), CBP officer do not do traffic stops or drug bust, or they do not do domestic calls. They are not local police officers. But they are Law enforcement officers. They enforce many laws, make arrests, research and investigate laws, and seize illegal contraband and merchandise. I would think that is a definition of a law enforcement officer.

Comment

• Just called up MHC and she transferred me to a woman in TSU. TSU said they only received a few requests for personnel along the SW border, nothing else recently.

I asked her about Janet Napoletano's interview on Meet the Press this past Sunday and the TSU lady said they make the calls when the requests for new employees come in.

I asked her how that part of the process works, with my understanding that Congress passed the budget in October, and she said the following:

1. Port tells HQ how many people (CBPs in our case) it needs
                        2. HQ relays that info to TSU
                        3. TSU calls people in the TSU pipeline for that port.
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• So I guess the fact that passengers are backed up in passageways while waiting close to 2hrs to get cleared and existing staff being forced to do OT.... is not urgent enough to request bodies. I guess we will never understand how the govt works.

So what happens to the money allocated for training when it is not spent, just curious?

Comment

Or working with the ATF,BP,ICE teams or all the locals from around the country.
                            Speaking of locals...I've also personally known a few CBPO's who have been grabbed by the local Sheriff Department to go out with Deputies on domestic calls and the like to provide addition manpower just in case the SHTF.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 12-30-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post

So what happens to the money allocated for training when it is not spent, just curious?

Most likely they'll lose it.

Which is why you'll likely see all the training budget spent sometime before today and Oct. 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                                Best. Christmas. Party. Ever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7492 users online. 394 members and 7098 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X