Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 8 months in TSU. I'm ready for 2010. I'm back in college shape thx to all this time CBP has allowed for me. Gotta look at the bright side.
    Geo: Illinois
    Test Score: 94
    Quals: GS-7
    T.O.: 8/7/2007
    Referred to Schedule EOD

    "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

    Comment


    • Question:

      Does every international airline passenger with a destination to the US get screened by US security? This is probably a dumb question but I hear all of the blame going around following the Christmas incident.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AC99 View Post
        I also find it amazing that they have no access to the list. Someone put your name in the computer. Would it really be that hard to put together a list?
        They have a list and they have access to it but they stopped giving that info out about 8 or 9 months ago. If you go back and read the old posts you can find many people who called and found out their place in line. (Me included) Up until about a year ago they were more willing to discuss hiring.
        The last rumor I heard (keep in mind it was a rumor) is that 2010 is going to be all Southern Border hires, one class per month until mid summer. I have nothing to back it up, just a rumor. Hopefully incorrect.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
          Question:

          Does every international airline passenger with a destination to the US get screened by US security? This is probably a dumb question but I hear all of the blame going around following the Christmas incident.
          To answer your question, while not violating OpSec. Yes, to one extent or another. I find it interesting that this person boarded the plane at an airport without pre-clerence and our government is saying we dropped to ball. Without pre-clerance the person is free to come to this country only to be turned back around when they arrive.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

          For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

          Comment


          • Does anyone know of a site within CBP that will tell you your position on the ready hire list for your selected location? I talked to a guy that says he has access to this type of list and he knows he is 3rd. This list would be great to have access to. Thanks

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dajob
              I am not here to flame people like some here. UMMM like a certain person who posts thousands of post. I am just telling the truth about CBP. Like many others have.
              It really is simple.
              IF you want a well paying, boring,non thinking, clerical job you found it.
              We are not law enforcement
              We are TSA with guns.
              You will see no action.
              We enforce civil violations.
              Watch the Tom Hanks moive to see CBP in action.
              LOOK AT THE NET AT PICTURES of an airport or land border. Even look at the pics of Metro airport that the news posted the next day CBPOS stamping away.
              Watch the stamping.
              Better yet visit an airport . Then tell me.
              DA-
              You've described primary at the airport almost to a tee (there's a little more thought involved, but you summed it up). And if I was stuck working primary my entire career, I might be pretty bitter too. But that isn't the "truth about CBP." There is a lot more to this job then just primary. This job has allowed me to do a lot of interesting things (seaport ops, express consignment and even primary), see a lot of interesting things (walking through the streets of Rome on a day off and realize I'm getting paid per diem to do it is a rare feeling) and work with a lot of good people. No, we aren't kicking in doors or running after bad guys, but if that's what you want to do, stop whining about how bad your job is and just do it.

              This job is what you make of it. I work with Merlin's and HTJ's/Escape/DA's who's opinions I all resepct. I've just decided to make up my own mind about this job.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                To answer your question, while not violating OpSec. Yes, to one extent or another. I find it interesting that this person boarded the plane at an airport without pre-clerence and our government is saying we dropped to ball. Without pre-clerance the person is free to come to this country only to be turned back around when they arrive.

                That's the part I don't understand. Much of the blame (in the media) is falling on TSA. They are saying they don't understand how this was missed. I just wasn't sure if we have US security posted at every airport around the world that has flights coming here. Alot of Monday morning qb's I guess.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  Let them steam here. People have to be able to steam somewhere and an anonymous forum seems to be the place to do it, but it is pretty pathetic that someone would hate their jobs so much and stay there. It isn't good for them.
                  Lets talk reality here. Where are they gonna go to make the same money and be happy? Nobody is hiring for crap jobs much less 100k per year jobs.
                  Its called golden handcuffs for a reason.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
                    That's the part I don't understand. Much of the blame (in the media) is falling on TSA. They are saying they don't understand how this was missed. I just wasn't sure if we have US security posted at every airport around the world that has flights coming here. Alot of Monday morning qb's I guess.
                    I'd bet that pre-clearance by U.S. personel in some way becomes a requirement internationally. This opens up alot of global possibilities for CBPO's.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                    TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU


                    EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      Lets talk reality here. Where are they gonna go to make the same money and be happy? Nobody is hiring for crap jobs much less 100k per year jobs.
                      Its called golden handcuffs for a reason.
                      True. I'm getting paid dirt now for doing way less cool stuff. Customs seems like a great gig with a ton of possibilities for those of us who effect positive change in our lives instead of festering in places that we hate.
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                      TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU


                      EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

                      Comment


                      • I wouldn't say that's a fair summation of primary at all.

                        In many ways, primary is 'where it's at'. Primary is the backbone of this organization. Primary is where we usually separate that tiny percentage of "bad guys" from the vast majority of legitimate travelers. If it's not caught in primary, it's almost certainly released and going down the road.

                        A skilled primary Officer is at least as valuable as an Officer working a special team. It's often fairly easy to 'clean fish'; it's mostly a lot harder to catch a 'trophy fish' hiding in amongst a school of average fish. Especially as primary Officers often are hampered with time constraints and sometimes are forced to decide referrals within the first minute of contacting a traveler.
                        Last edited by merlin436; 12-30-2009, 10:03 AM.

                        Comment


                        • NEXT we have posters who troll, are angry and just enjoy controversy.
                          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dajob
                            For some reason this boards is loaded with wanna bees who comment on the job. They have never worked in law enforcement and they do not work at CBP.
                            Next we have a few dedicated paper pushers who want to defend their job.
                            NEXT we have dozens of former LEOS and Officers who are CBPOS who tell the true tale of this job.
                            If one goes to the beginning of these threads you will find Merlin posting from 2005 and arguing the same points with other officers like me.
                            We come and go as are life is not about filling newbies with b.s. or posting non stop just look at this thread and see who posts non stop ,strange ?
                            AGAIN to clarify THERE are those who desire law enforcement perhaps it is Park Ranger, Local, Ice whatever but CBP is not anything but clerking IF YOU ADMIT THAT I respect you ,but do not blow smoke.
                            NEXT we have dozens of former LEOS and Officers who are CBPOS who tell the true tale of this job.
                            If one goes to the beginning of these thread you will find Merlin posting from 2005 and arguing the same points with other officers like me.
                            We come and go as are life is not about filling newbies with b.s.
                            AGAIN to clarify the gig may be Ice, Park Ranger ,Local ,Dea whatever but it is law enforcement CBP is NOT. I respect you if you admit it. LIKE many posters here do they are here for the MONEY and easy job nothing else.
                            CHECK A REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT recruitment page or read Honorfirst
                            I quote from there
                            "If you are seeking the job purely for the pecuniary benefits that it will yield, you will not be happy. Quite frankly, you couldn't pay me enough to do this job if I did not meet the criteria set forth above. On the other hand, if I were a lotto winner and didn't need to work at all, I would do it for free. That's how you need to be, as well. "
                            FIND ME A CBPO who will work for say ? FOR THE JOB FOR
                            Loyalty,Integrity ,Courage !

                            Relax...You may not have the foot pursuits, shoot outs, standoffs, etc. But you must realize that you are categorizing a very diverse position into a one size fits all statement.

                            Why so angry?

                            Comment


                            • Hehe...

                              Say what you will about Merlin but at least he hasn't had to create three different screen names to try and get his point across.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dajob
                                For some reason this boards is loaded with wanna bees who comment on the job. They have never worked in law enforcement and they do not work at CBP.
                                Next we have a few dedicated paper pushers who want to defend their job.
                                NEXT we have dozens of former LEOS and Officers who are CBPOS who tell the true tale of this job.
                                If one goes to the beginning of these threads you will find Merlin posting from 2005 and arguing the same points with other officers like me.
                                We come and go as are life is not about filling newbies with b.s. or posting non stop just look at this thread and see who posts non stop ,strange ?
                                AGAIN to clarify THERE are those who desire law enforcement perhaps it is Park Ranger, Local, Ice whatever but CBP is not anything but clerking IF YOU ADMIT THAT I respect you ,but do not blow smoke.
                                NEXT we have dozens of former LEOS and Officers who are CBPOS who tell the true tale of this job.
                                If one goes to the beginning of these thread you will find Merlin posting from 2005 and arguing the same points with other officers like me.
                                We come and go as are life is not about filling newbies with b.s.
                                AGAIN to clarify the gig may be Ice, Park Ranger ,Local ,Dea whatever but it is law enforcement CBP is NOT. I respect you if you admit it. LIKE many posters here do they are here for the MONEY and easy job nothing else.
                                CHECK A REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT recruitment page or read Honorfirst
                                I quote from there
                                "If you are seeking the job purely for the pecuniary benefits that it will yield, you will not be happy. Quite frankly, you couldn't pay me enough to do this job if I did not meet the criteria set forth above. On the other hand, if I were a lotto winner and didn't need to work at all, I would do it for free. That's how you need to be, as well. "
                                FIND ME A CBPO who will work for say ? FOR THE JOB FOR
                                Loyalty,Integrity ,Courage !
                                Paragraphs and grammar are your friend, and should be properly utilized in a rant of epic lameness. Look, I understand that you want everyone to look at you and respect you...but if you want to be taken seriously, then you will have to offer up something other than this above, which contains gross examples of grammatical negligence and makes absolutely no sense.

                                I mean, really? Did you just come on here and shout down an entire message board with this, which reads like something my five year old would write?

                                If your intention was to come off as bitter and uneducated, then, bravo for a job well done.

                                If you meant to lay the smack down on the "wanna bees," then, epic FAIL.

                                Have a good New Year.
                                Last edited by Jarhead_FBI_SA; 12-30-2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: .
                                Big Brother is watching

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 17195 users online. 500 members and 16695 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X