Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess with this new "weeding out" letter and budget crisis, its safe to say nobody will be hearing anything new until the holidays...so we should just relax, not think about it, and just enjoy the holidays with our families.....

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
      It's kind of mind boggling that you'd get this far and just give up (unless your personal life needed you to) but I've seen it happen!
      Not really. You'll do it...by the looks of things.

You've got your foot in the door for both the PA and the CBPO position. You can only work one. Eventually, no matter what you decide, you'll be 'giving up' on one of your applications.

There are a lot of people somewhat like you out there...where their CBPO application is their second, even third fall-back plan that they are interested in playing only if their first choice dies on them. Ultimately, most of those people will likely end up elsewhere. For now though they're sitting in TSU looking just as dedicated to eventually becoming a CBPO as the guy "bleeding blue" over the chance of being hired on at this job.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
        Now I got a second email from MHC and seems the only difference is it doesn't have to be post marked until Dec 28th. I already sent mine in but just another example of them not thinking things through!
        Actually several people received the email without the attachment. In order to make it "fair" to everyone, they extended the postmark deadline one day to account for the day that people lost due to the error. The 25th is a holiday and then a weekend, so the next business day is the 28th.
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
          Actually several people received the email without the attachment. In order to make it "fair" to everyone, they extended the postmark deadline one day to account for the day that people lost due to the error. The 25th is a holiday and then a weekend, so the next business day is the 28th.
          Exactly. Today my email stated that they had "server issues" the first time around (on the 14th) and because of that they were resending today and also extending the date to the 28th. The odd thing is, I received it again (today) with no attachment and then 10 minutes later with the attachment. Either their server issues are not fixed or someone said - "Dang it! I forgot the attachment again!"

Comment

• MHC letter sent. Signed that it was received this morning at 0941 CST. Sent with signature confirmation. Taking no chances. I wonder if it is hectic in that office right now? They gotta have someone where their job is to just sit and sign for these letters because of the volume.
            Geo Area: SFO/OAK
            Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
            NOR: 09/2008
            TO: 09/25/08
            Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
            Drug Test: 11/2008
            Oral Board: 12/03/08
            BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
            Qualifications: 03/17/09
            Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
            Geo Area: San Francisco County
            Written:05/26/09
            T.O.:08/28/09
            Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
            Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
            Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Declining position.

Well I have been waiting in TSU since 2/19/09 (Miami, FL) and was real positive about this job and excited at the beginning. After a year of riding this TSU roller coaster I have decided to finally get off. My advice to others: I'm sure its a great job to have but always remember life goes on with CBPO and it should with yours as well. If you want to be a CBPO then do not give up but keep looking especially if your unemployed, because you may find something better. If you don't find anything better than you know CBPO is still an option. In my case I found something better and will be sending this letter back declining the position. So hopefully my space in TSU line will go to someone who really want the job and has been waiting as long as I have. Good luck to all!!!
              Miami by way of Chicago
              Test 8/4/08
              TO 11/13/08
              Drug Test 11/13/08
              VBT 12/11/08
              Physical 12/16/08
              Qual 1/10/09
              Met BI 1/5/09
              BI cleared 2/19/09
              TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Trappb,

Good luck in your endeavors. I hope 2010 holds better fortune for us both.

I move up a space in Miami.

Thanks,

T-
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• I agree with trappb. Don't put all your eggs into this one basket. Keep on and continue life. Keep applying for jobs elsewhere. With the down economy, job cuts and unemployment, it was only a matter of time before it hit the US Government in the pocket. If you get something better, thats great! Definitely move forward. But if you are still waiting, it will come. Maybe not as fast as the good ol' days. It may be a year or 2. I have learned to not think about it and this way I will be shocked when I get that call. I really wish everyone the best of luck. Stay positive.
                  Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                  Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                  NOR: 09/2008
                  TO: 09/25/08
                  Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                  Drug Test: 11/2008
                  Oral Board: 12/03/08
                  BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                  Qualifications: 03/17/09
                  Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                  Geo Area: San Francisco County
                  Written:05/26/09
                  T.O.:08/28/09
                  Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                  Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                  Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                    I agree with trappb. Don't put all your eggs into this one basket. Keep on and continue life. Keep applying for jobs elsewhere. With the down economy, job cuts and unemployment, it was only a matter of time before it hit the US Government in the pocket. If you get something better, thats great! Definitely move forward. But if you are still waiting, it will come. Maybe not as fast as the good ol' days. It may be a year or 2. I have learned to not think about it and this way I will be shocked when I get that call. I really wish everyone the best of luck. Stay positive.
                    I know a couple guys working SF/Oak and I have talked to them about hiring. They said there is a big white board in an office at SF and written on it is the amount of pre hires they have that are leaving for FLETC and the amount of officers they have at FLETC and their return date. He said the whole board is empty. He also said that there are so many officers at SF/Oak that there is a lot of standing around and doing nothing. He got back from FLETC last June and said he is going to be on OJT for a while because they are so backed up with new hires waiting to OJT. He said CBP over hired at many ports the past couple years expecting to be more turn over but because of the bad economy and the GS-12 offer people are staying put. He said between flights are gaggles of officers, mostly young kids, texting, making cell phone calls, flirting, eating, drinking coffee, doing nothing and getting paid. All the young new officers at SF, all the older officers are at Oakland. He said the job is a joke.
                    Drives me crazy to hear him talk like that because I have been waiting almost 3 years to get hired and been in TSU over 8 months. I finished my testing and met with my BI before this guy even took the written but someone he jumped me in the process. Crazy.

Comment

• Well the CASS Hot line says I have been referred to TSU, but online it doesn't say anything about TSU, just Green checks for everything. Should I be happy and take the Hot line's version of it??

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                        Well the CASS Hot line says I have been referred to TSU, but online it doesn't say anything about TSU, just Green checks for everything. Should I be happy and take the Hot line's version of it??
                        Congratulations! Sounds like you're in TSU. Sometime this week the CASS website should update your status to:

You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

As you're probably aware, lately that 30 - 60 days isn't holding true. But getting into TSU is a big accomplishment, so again, congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                          Congratulations! Sounds like you're in TSU. Sometime this week the CASS website should update your status to:

You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

As you're probably aware, lately that 30 - 60 days isn't holding true. But getting into TSU is a big accomplishment, so again, congratulations!
                          Thanks bro. Yeah I sent an email to TSU and they told me they did have my file, and that CASS online doesn't update everyday, so it should update sometime this week with my status. So I guess I'm the newest addition:

TSU 16DEC09 PA

I also inquired about checking the status on our "still interested" letters we had to send, she said she will forward my email to Staffing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                            Well the CASS Hot line says I have been referred to TSU, but online it doesn't say anything about TSU, just Green checks for everything. Should I be happy and take the Hot line's version of it??
                            That's normal, the cass site updates slower then phone hotline.

Same thing happened with me. Give it a few days and the website will reflect the same thing.
                            CBP written test Miami, FL
                            11/10/2007
                            NOR letter 01/16/2008
                            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                            9/4/2009
                            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                            never got first)
                            qualifications completed
                            BI interview 9/30/2009
                            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                            poly: Mar 2011
                            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                              That's normal, the cass site updates slower then phone hotline.

Same thing happened with me. Give it a few days and the website will reflect the same thing.
                              Cool, I'll be checking online this week.

Anthony30, can you add me to the list: 16DEC09 PA

Thanks

Comment

• MHC got my letter this morning:

Delivered, December 21, 2009, 9:05 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55111
                                Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, December 19, 2009, 9:31 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55111
                                Arrival at Unit, December 19, 2009, 9:15 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55111
                                Acceptance, December 15, 2009, 6:08 pm, BOCA RATON, FL 33431
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14227 users online. 265 members and 13962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X