300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
    As long as you can see it was delivered, you're fine. I send all of my mail to them certified with return signature and never once got anything back but I track it to make sure it was in their hands. Just keep your receipt that the post office gave you just in case because you never know. I even went as far as to print out the screen on the delivery website showing it was received for my records. They're going to be getting a ton of these letters back all at once so it's a good idea to keep as much documentation proving it was sent and received!!
    I have sent MHC certified mail and never got anything back. I asked the woman at TSU why I have not received my return signature and she said their mail room is not set up to handle certified mail. I am not sure what that means but I assume they receive such large amounts of mail they can't have a person sit there and individually sign for everything. I have had MHC lose forms and other correspondence. I now always send one set priority mail and another set regular mail. Since I started doing this I have never had a problem with my paper work.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
      I have sent MHC certified mail and never got anything back. I asked the woman at TSU why I have not received my return signature and she said their mail room is not set up to handle certified mail. I am not sure what that means but I assume they receive such large amounts of mail they can't have a person sit there and individually sign for everything. I have had MHC lose forms and other correspondence. I now always send one set priority mail and another set regular mail. Since I started doing this I have never had a problem with my paper work.
      I have sent every document by certified mail to the MHC during my processing and just recently with this canvass. They WILL send you a signature so you can point your finger at someone if it comes up 'missing.' Maybe their policy changed... but that has been my experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Hehehe.

My knee is killing me. I stopped running daily for about 2 months (with only a day here and there) joined a gym a the end of November and last week my knee started hurting. It doesn't hurt when I walk, but I can only run for about 2 minutes without feeling like I should stop fast.

Any advice?
        Hey TuffStuffCBP,

I am not an orthopedic surgeon but I may have a little advice that might help you out. I do a lot of mountain hiking in the summer and at the end of even small hikes I use to get really bad pain in my inner knee and around the outside of the kneecap. I talked to some experienced hikers and a doctor, and we came up with "runners knee" because of all the descending down mountains. Yup, not much you can do about it unless you want surgery. It's quite common especially to someone who does a lot of cardio... and well... I do a lot of cardio compared to most(16-24 miles a week on average of actual running... not ellipticals!). Go to walmart or a local drug store and by yourself a Jumpers Knee Strap or if you want to get really crazy go buy yourself a 25 dollar cho-pat (cho-pat.com) dual knee brace. They're amazing. Read about them and you'll see. They seriously take away like 40% of the shock while running. I can't ever imagine running without them... and especially hiking. I did a 1 day 16 mile hike through the high peaks in NY this summer... probably the hardest thing I've ever done... physically that is. And my knees didn't hurt a bit. All I am saying is... try it for a few dollars. Mueller makes one that is cheap at walmart and works like a charm. Here is a link to it: Good luck!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Jumper...1068940&sr=1-2

Comment

• [My name was removed from the list?

sry --your back on
          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
            I have sent every document by certified mail to the MHC during my processing and just recently with this canvass. They WILL send you a signature so you can point your finger at someone if it comes up 'missing.' Maybe their policy changed... but that has been my experience.
            I have tried certified mail 2 times with MHC. I have never received anything back. It was well over a year ago.

Comment

I have tried certified mail 2 times with MHC. I have never received anything back. It was well over a year ago.
              Weird. Don't know what to tell you... I got three green peices of paper with signatures on them from last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
                Ok, this sounds kinda crazy but I was just curious if they will re-evaluate your eligiblity for a certain GS grade again before you EOD?

The reason I ask is: what if I EOD for another position at a higher GS level and then get the call for CBP, would I be grandfathered in under the higher GS level? I know I have seen variations of this on the forum before but I was just curious considering there is a good probabilty of this occuring...
                Too little information.

Most likely, no. You likely applied accepting a 05 or a 07, that's all they'll be offering.

Depending on how long you work/have worked as a federal employee and with what agency(ies), you might see them paymatch your current base salary at the time you EOD with CBP.

Comment

Hehehe.

My knee is killing me. I stopped running daily for about 2 months (with only a day here and there) joined a gym a the end of November and last week my knee started hurting. It doesn't hurt when I walk, but I can only run for about 2 minutes without feeling like I should stop fast.

Any advice?
                  I had the exact same problem and started doing some research online. Try doing these two things:

- Make sure your feet are pointing straight forward. I found that if my toes pointed out to the left and right even slightly, my knees started hurting after 3 or 4 minutes of running. When I made sure to point my feet straight forward, the pain stopped.

- Try to get into the habit of landing on your midfoot, and not the heel. And when landing your front foot, try to keep it behind your hip; don't step out ahead of you.

I came across these tips via this running technique called "Chi Running." There are a few Youtube videos on good "Chi Running" techniques (I have since bought Danny Dreyer's book on the subject).

I am doing a lot of running in anticipation of taking a physical agility test this Spring, and my running went from wracked with pain to pretty much pain free. Only thing that hurts now are my lungs, haha.
                  NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

I just checked USPS.com and its showing delivered and signed for. It even shows the name of the person who signed for it. I sent it express mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                      I just checked USPS.com and its showing delivered and signed for. It even shows the name of the person who signed for it. I sent it express mail.
                      I bet MHC will be surprised at how many people are STILL interested in this job and not giving up... I wonder if they'll lose maybe a handful of applicants out of the whole TSU bunch... (the few sane ones who already found decent jobs elsewhere haha

Comment

Its been taking about 2 weeks. I just got in middle of November and it took me a week and a half. It was changed to TSU on the job line first then a few days later it was changed in CASS. Hang in there, you will be in TSU soon!!
                        Cool,,,thanks for the heads up....I'll be checking everyday lol....

Comment

Hehehe.

Any advice?
                          Sounds like an ACL or PCL? Advil up, if the knee starts popping see an ortho asap!

Comment

• Here's to hoping the new year brings us all good news!
                            Last edited by Sakic; 12-24-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                              I bet MHC will be surprised at how many people are STILL interested in this job and not giving up... I wonder if they'll lose maybe a handful of applicants out of the whole TSU bunch... (the few sane ones who already found decent jobs elsewhere haha
                              Hey now!! The little voice in my head only talks to me sometimes.

Comment

Hey now!! The little voice in my head only talks to me sometimes.
                                Good thing there's not a psych eval for this job.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12470 users online. 391 members and 12079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X