Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I was wondering what you guys think about the section of the letter that states "Interns will be required to complete the Academy Fitness Test battery during the first week, mid-point and at the end in order to graduate".
    Does this mean we have to pass the 1.5mile run, 220 dash, sit and reach, and the 24 push ups three different times? Just wondering what everyones input is on this.

    Thanks and Happy Holidays to every one and your families!!!
    As I understand it, you'll have to pass the standards on the last fitness test.
    Unlike like in previous academies, it appears that there's no passing the first test, failing the second and moving on.

    If that's true, it might add to the difficulties. Previous people were allowed to pass the first and move forward on participation if they slipped backward due to injury/laziness. That looks not to be an option now. You'll need to pass the final test, "injured" or not.

    The best advice I can give; train to make it easy. The better shape you show up in, the more fit you are, the less likely you'll injure yourself. Sprained ankles, twisted knees, wrenched shoulders and related ailments likely all cost additional time and/or reduced scores. If your fitness level is well above average and you do get injured, the more likely you're be able to limp in on the final test above the passing standards.

    Comment


    • TSU LIST (as of #18918)

      Alabama- TSU- 8/14/09-Bama36028

      Arizona-TSU 8/18/09 -ivylaw77
      Arizona-tsu-9/22/09 -ppasiakos

      Atl,Ga-TSU 6/30/09-topflightinga
      Atl Tsu 4/17/09-RJDISPATCH

      Buffalo,NY TSU-4/2/09-JKNOBBY
      Buffalo NY on 4/21/2009-nikkinbuffalo
      Buffalo,NY-TS U 4/24/09-DRCAPP
      Buffalo, NY-TSU -4/24/09-gork315
      Buffalo NY-TSU 4/28/09 -CBP14051
      Buffalo,NY 4/29/09-BFLOGIRL
      BUFFALO,NY-TSU 05/07/09-ANTHONY30
      Buffalo,ny-TSU 5/22/09-waitnc
      Buffalo,ny -TSU 6/12/09 Dcos24
      Buffalo, NY-TSU 6/29/09- Chuckb88
      Buffalo, NY - TSU 07/15/2008-bufhop1
      Buffalo NY TSU 9/02/08-dangerusman

      Colorado-TSU 10/14/09- brucedm3418

      DULLES TSU 6/9/2009-DFRANK

      EAST TX, TSU 12-01-08- TX CBP
      E.TX-TSU- 12/23/2008-e.txcbpo
      E. Tx-tsu-2/5/09-timbk
      E. Texas-tsu-03-27-2009-ggmad3
      East TX -4/1/09-apay22
      east Tx-tsu-7/2/09-peteylaw06
      East TX: TSU 7-10-09-texascbp
      EAST TX TSU:8/6/09-TX GIRL
      EAST TX TSU 8-27-09- USMC0844
      east tx.-tsu-12/7/09-biggie062

      South Texas-tsu-8/14/09-koalica

      FL all Other TSU 3-12-09/ Federalyhood
      Fl all others-tsu-4/2/09-alb3508
      FL all other-TSU 4/21/09-RAFA
      Fl (other).TSU02/23/09 -DNVRMAN
      FL OTHER LOC.-TSU-8/07/09 -FLSTATE1

      ILLINOIS- 4/16/09 TSU-BLK98GT
      Illinois TSU- is 4/16/09-GT
      Illinois TSU-4/30/09-BILLYHOYLE

      JFK-03/26/2009- When
      jfk-tsu-5/5/09-rshen11
      JFK - TSU 6/2/2009-TuffStuffCBP
      JFK-TSU 6/24/09-m574
      jfk tsu-7/2/09-schem86
      JFK tsu-8/6/2009-AGENTJOHNSON
      JFK tsu-8/28/2009-showt1me78

      Lax/lb- TSU 3/04/09-FLYONE2GO
      Lax/LB-tsu-3/20/09-nycdocrecruit
      LAX/Lb Tsu 5/12/09-davidb
      LAX/LB TSU 5/28/2009- ZODIAC76
      Lax/Lb-tsu-6/22/09-lacadena12
      Lax/Lb-tsu-6/23/09-sevokg
      LAX/LB TSU 7/8/09-LH225
      LA/Long Beach-tsu-8/14/09-ricosuave357
      LAX/LB TSU 9/18/09 - camarojeep

      Maine-tsu-6/??/09-mackabo
      Maine-tsu-7/13/09-hopeful09
      Maine(jackman)tsu-9/9/09-tg327
      Maine-tsu-10/30/09-sandwichman

      Massachuset -TSU since 11/14/2008 -bhov97
      Massachusetts: TSU-February 2009-pemberto1861
      Massachuset-tsu-10/1/09-stou123

      Miami -TSU-06/23/2008-ac.cbpo
      Miami-TSU-2/02/09-DevilGator
      Miami-tsu-2/23/09-soda
      Miami-TSU 02/27/09-BLESSED
      miami-tsu-3/4/09-jdivola
      Miami-TSU - 3/10/09-GForceMiami
      Miami, FL TSU 3-23-2009 - COLINM112
      Miami - 4/14/2009-GRULLJ
      Miami- TSU - 04/24/09-thek9
      MIAMI TSU 4/30/09-fiqueroa23
      MIAMI AIRPORT/SEAPORT 4/28/09- Darth Vader
      Miami-tsu-5/1/09-yjzne
      Miami-tsu-5/08/09-jorge221
      Miami-tsu-6/24/09- Tepponi
      Miami,TSU- 07/17/09-akito

      Michigan-TSU 4/23/09-cmunupe
      Michigan-tsu 7/8/2009-axelyp
      Michigan-tsu-7-28-2009-NIKNTOL
      Michigan-tsu-8/7/09-hppd#48
      Michigan-tsu-10/23/09-delt55

      Minneapolis-tsu-7/14/09-tsawille

      Montana-TSU 07/14/09-malfurr
      Montana-TSU- 9/23/09-jnten8

      Newark, TSU date 9-9-08-cbpnj
      New Jersey -tsu 12/01/08-jrg16
      Newark N.J.-TSU 12/15/08-JFLORES

      New Orleans-tsu-11/16/09-cajunchik

      NY Other (Northern new york) -tsu-5/15/09-seeoh
      NY Other (Northern new york) 5-22-09-IMLIKEANINJA
      NY other-TSU 7.10.09 -valjean0120

      nyc-tsu-7/09-waitinggame

      PA-TSU-12-16-09-SSGMP

      Puerto Rico-tsu-10/31/08-vic3249

      South Carolina-tsu-8/13/09-usafloadc17
      South Carolina-TSU 9/18/09-nj2sc

      SW /San Diego-TSU: 04/29/09-VAL D
      SW (San Diego) - TSU 7/31/09-BOLTS56
      SW/SAN DIEGO - TSU 09/15/09-SDCBP
      san diedo-tsu-11/13/09-veen25

      SFO/OAK- TSU:03/19/09-BURRELL707
      sf/oak-TSU 3/26/09-oakrh
      Sf/oak-Tsu 4/2/09-UOFU76
      SF/OAK-TSU - 07/22/09 - nubian
      Sfo/oak-Tsu -09/25/09-friscoplayesf

      St. Thomas, VI- 4-15-09-gbeck422
      St. Thomas USVI -TSU: 6/4/2009-EXREBEL

      SW Border 9/8/2009 -BEBO

      Vermont-tsu-3/09-dubois3375
      Vermont 5/21/09-BREADBOOZ
      Vermont-TSU7/30/09-magl23

      northern virginia-tsu-4/29/09-tippmann87
      VA -NORTHERN - TSU: 5/22/09-LAMP LIGHTER
      Va-Tsu 06/19/2009-MACKABO
      Northern va-tsu-9/2/09-sag227

      Washington-All other-tsu 05/15/09 -tkd021
      Washington -All other locations- TSU - 7/2/09-ac99

      Washington - Non-Northern Border TSU: 11/18/2009 - SoonToBeUSBP

      Washington Northern Border-TSU: 6/11/09 -KHUE
      WA/Northern Washington -TSU 8/15/09- Hieroglyph83
      WA Northern Borders 8/28/09-SR20
      WA Northern Border- Tsu-9-3-09-AXESWILGER
      WA-Northern Border-TSU 8/18/09-2g2gn
      Wa-Northern Border-TSU 9/18/09-hurlyburly5
      Wa-northern Border-tsu-11/23/09-rangerrider4
      Wa-Northern Border-tsu-11/27/09-johndeere75
      WA-Northern border-tsu-12/2/09-hawkmech
      Last edited by anthony30; 01-03-2010, 01:16 PM.
      CBPO

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
        ooooooohh gotcha!! Yeah I def understand the "Hurry up and Wait", nothing new in my realm. So how long am I looking at for the final review and entrance into TSU???
        Government efficiency at its finest, this hurry up and wait business. Its nice to know that things haven't changed much since the 1960s when my father was humping it in Anchorage and Fort Hood in the 1st Armored Division. I guess logistics isn't easy on such a grand scale and its better to have people waiting then an immediate need to fill spaces with nobody in the pipeline.

        Anyone else mail in their certified letters back to MHC yesterday or today? I went to the PO after work yesterday and my record update is on its way to Rm 400.
        CBP written test Miami, FL
        11/10/2007
        NOR letter 01/16/2008
        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
        9/4/2009
        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
        never got first)
        qualifications completed
        BI interview 9/30/2009
        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
        poly: Mar 2011
        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

        Comment


        • That is a mighty long list! this past week while coming through JFK I had to shake my head, there were ATLEAST 150 people in the line waiting to be processed...plus more lined up in the corridors waiting to be allowed to come into the immigration area...the CBPs were working hard for their money. The upside was that they were 'banging them out' very quickly I was only in there for 1hr. This must hinder their job performance having to focus on speed than being thorough. I don't know why CBP has decided not to hire because they seem to NEED the manpower and this is the 3rd time for this year I have come through Customs and seen this scene.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by when View Post
            That is a mighty long list! this past week while coming through JFK I had to shake my head, there were ATLEAST 150 people in the line waiting to be processed...plus more lined up in the corridors waiting to be allowed to come into the immigration area...the CBPs were working hard for their money. The upside was that they were 'banging them out' very quickly I was only in there for 1hr. This must hinder their job performance having to focus on speed than being thorough. I don't know why CBP has decided not to hire because they seem to NEED the manpower and this is the 3rd time for this year I have come through Customs and seen this scene.
            Maybe if the 124 of us in Anthony's TSU list would each write our congressmen saying we've been waiting for x amount of months, hiring might pick up a bit :P
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
              Government efficiency at its finest, this hurry up and wait business. Its nice to know that things haven't changed much since the 1960s when my father was humping it in Anchorage and Fort Hood in the 1st Armored Division. I guess logistics isn't easy on such a grand scale and its better to have people waiting then an immediate need to fill spaces with nobody in the pipeline.

              Anyone else mail in their certified letters back to MHC yesterday or today? I went to the PO after work yesterday and my record update is on its way to Rm 400.
              Yeah I sent my letter certified yesterday...I'll be checking the Post Office website tomorrow to see if it arrived....

              Comment


              • AHHHH heck, some one is back!!!
                TO-6/16/08
                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

                Comment


                • hunt you couldn't resist...you might have a point. maybe they should stop everyone... give them a pat down ..survey the surroundings while calling for backup ... roll back rambo style in their booths...then put down a big stamp like walker texas ranger..and only then would u finally give up your cause lol

                  Comment


                  • Letter

                    I didn't sent my letter back to MHC using certified mail... although I probably should have... I used certified mail... no one has to sign for it but it will show me whether it's been delivered or not... is that sufficient?... just incase they *claim* they never received it as to have one less person in TSU?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                      I didn't sent my letter back to MHC using certified mail... although I probably should have... I used certified mail... no one has to sign for it but it will show me whether it's been delivered or not... is that sufficient
                      What the heck?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                      TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU


                      EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        What the heck?
                        haha i thought the same thing when i read it.. i think he ment to say he used delivery confirmation...:
                        CBPO

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by anthony30 View Post


                          haha i thought the same thing when i read it.. i think he ment to say he used delivery confirmation...:
                          No, he was right. Could be certified mail with just the barcode ,to track the letter and no return slip, another service could be a delivery confirmation with return slip, yeah you can send it like that, sounds crazy but is possible.
                          And by the way anthony my original TSU date is 2008 pleaaaaseeee

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            What the heck?
                            Originally posted by AC.CBPO View Post
                            No, he was right. Could be certified mail with just the barcode ,to track the letter and no return slip, another service could be a delivery confirmation with return slip, yeah you can send it like that, sounds crazy but is possible.
                            And by the way anthony my original TSU date is 2008 pleaaaaseeee
                            6/23/08 right? i had 6/23/09... ill chang it right now.. sry.
                            CBPO

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                              ooooooohh gotcha!! Yeah I def understand the "Hurry up and Wait", nothing new in my realm. So how long am I looking at for the final review and entrance into TSU???
                              Its been taking about 2 weeks. I just got in middle of November and it took me a week and a half. It was changed to TSU on the job line first then a few days later it was changed in CASS. Hang in there, you will be in TSU soon!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                                I didn't sent my letter back to MHC using certified mail... although I probably should have... I used certified mail... no one has to sign for it but it will show me whether it's been delivered or not... is that sufficient?... just incase they *claim* they never received it as to have one less person in TSU?
                                As long as you can see it was delivered, you're fine. I send all of my mail to them certified with return signature and never once got anything back but I track it to make sure it was in their hands. Just keep your receipt that the post office gave you just in case because you never know. I even went as far as to print out the screen on the delivery website showing it was received for my records. They're going to be getting a ton of these letters back all at once so it's a good idea to keep as much documentation proving it was sent and received!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6451 users online. 414 members and 6037 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X