300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
    I don't see it as weeding, more of a mercy call. A nice way of saying it's over.
    “While candidates await placement in an available funded vacancy, their pre-employment clearances (medical/fitness/drug test) may expire. The Minneapolis Hiring Center will contact applicants as needed to keep their pre-employment processes current.”
    All aspects of the hiring process can and will expire, including the pre-employment clearance. They are telling us they are not spending money to keep us current in TSU. They will only re-test on a “as needed” basis.
    Many of us are seeing this as a positive when in reality they just pulled the plug. Lights out, it’s over.

Eh, it's hard to tell. It's inevitable that you'll get hired. As it's been stated before... it could be a day from now... it could be years from now. This email does not give us hope nor does it give us doubt. If you interpret it that way; I interpret this email as weeding out those who don't want the job anymore and that in turn will save CBP some money. That's all. Let's let January and February decide how things will go for 2010. This past fiscal year's budget from October should be utilized those months. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Great ...

So I am watch the Nat Geo Explorer "Narco State" from the other night. THey show a commercial for a new series "Border Wars" profiling CBPO, ICE, DHS that starts on Jan. 10, 2010. Something else to make me realize what I am missing!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...s/all/Overview
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
        Eh, it's hard to tell. It's inevitable that you'll get hired. As it's been stated before... it could be a day from now... it could be years from now. This email does not give us hope nor does it give us doubt. If you interpret it that way; I interpret this email as weeding out those who don't want the job anymore and that in turn will save CBP some money. That's all. Let's let January and February decide how things will go for 2010. This past fiscal year's budget from October should be utilized those months. Fingers crossed.
        I hope you are right, I want you to be right, in many ways I need you to be right.
        9 months in TSU..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mangie2k View Post
          Wow, can't believe this threat is still going! I got a lot of good info when I first got hired. I now have two years in the service. Those of you still waiting, be patient is hard work if you're coming to the southwest land border but you will enjoy and learn a lot. Those of you starting at an airport, shame on you! I'm just hatin', but seriously you will never gained the enforcement expirence like you will at the border. Good luck in the process. One team one fight!
          I got an e-mail today that did not put me in the best of moods. I'm the wanna-be CBPO. My question is; do you author official reports?
          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
            I got an e-mail today that did not put me in the best of moods. I'm the wanna-be CBPO. My question is; do you author official reports?
            Sorry to hear that, I remember being there myself and know how difficult it is to be patient. To answer your question about reports, we mostly do seizure reports and incident logs. I you're talking about preparing cases for prosecution, we do not. The ICE SA's put those together.
            Last edited by Mangie2k; 12-14-2009, 08:33 PM.
            MANGIE2K

Comment

• MANGIE2K,

Thanks for the information.

T-Out
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• I also got the email. I was surprised because I'm not even in TSU yet, I'm still waiting on my BI to clear...

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                  I also got the email. I was surprised because I'm not even in TSU yet, I'm still waiting on my BI to clear...
                  Ditto...it's not just people that are in TSU getting this email. I also (like USMC0844) received the email with no attachment. I immediately sent it right back and they resent it with the attachment 5 minutes later.

TuffStuffCBP - my opinion - send your "Contact Update Form" via USPS and ask for delivery confirmation with a signature and a tracking number.

Works quite well and gives you peace of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                    Ditto...it's not just people that are in TSU getting this email. I also (like USMC0844) received the email with no attachment. I immediately sent it right back and they resent it with the attachment 5 minutes later.

TuffStuffCBP - my opinion - send your "Contact Update Form" via USPS and ask for delivery confirmation with a signature and a tracking number.

I just sent it first class mail. I'll call at the end of the week and if they havn't received it I will send it certified.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

I hope you are right, I want you to be right, in many ways I need you to be right.
                      9 months in TSU..
                      8 months here...

Comment

You ain't kidding. I am definitely having mine sent out certified mail. I learned my lesson about 5 years ago when I got something similar from a state law enforcement job; all you had to do was read it, acknowledge it, check the box that you were still interested, and send it in. Sure enough, they said it never arrived there and my name was dropped from the list after the due date. Needless to say I was a little upset but I learned my lesson. Everyone who is reading this... 4 - 6 dollars to have it certified.... It's well worth it. You've waited this long... don't read this and say "nope, won't happen to me" because it might.

Comment

• Email

OK Everyone, just to set the record straight, everyone check the 2nd box!

Just kidding. Don't check the second box...although if one is dumb enough to listen to me shouldn't have the CBPO Job afterall

Comment

• This question is for any other CBPO's out there. I've been on the job for 2 and a half years now. Do any of you have any info on K-9? How difficult is it to get in? How would you know when they're hiring? What special skills might you need to even be considered for the job? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Oddly enough, I checked my email later and had a second email with the attachment. It was time stamped for around 3pm, but I did not get it until about 8:30.
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

I don't see it as weeding, more of a mercy call. A nice way of saying it's over.
                                “While candidates await placement in an available funded vacancy, their pre-employment clearances (medical/fitness/drug test) may expire. The Minneapolis Hiring Center will contact applicants as needed to keep their pre-employment processes current.”
                                All aspects of the hiring process can and will expire, including the pre-employment clearance. They are telling us they are not spending money to keep us current in TSU. They will only re-test on a “as needed” basis.
                                Many of us are seeing this as a positive when in reality they just pulled the plug. Lights out, it’s over.
                                Seriously if that's your attitude then don't send it back, give up and move on with your life. I for one am not giving up and will wait as long as I have to.
                                CBPO
                                Test: July 2008
                                TO: 12/26/08
                                VBT 1/21/09-passed
                                Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                                Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                                Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                                BI - Cleared
                                TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                                BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                                Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9402 users online. 467 members and 8935 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X