Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's a link to the Border Patrol Delphi TSU list. Looks like they are nailed even though they are on the southern border. The slow-down looks like it started when ours did.

    http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...s/?msg=45732.1

    We should start one that reads like this one.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

    TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU


    EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ford123 View Post
      Man way to go spreading rumors that are untrue!
      LOL, Hey man be nice...I apologized!
      N.Y.P.D.

      Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
      Passed:Medical (1/2009)
      Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
      Passed(2:50):JST
      Passed:Mini-Medical
      January 2010 Academy:

      CBP Officer

      Exam Feb, 08: Passed
      Medical: Passed
      PT Test: Passed
      Qualifications GS7: Done
      VBT: Passed
      Backround: Done
      Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
      Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
      Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
      CBP Officer: Florida

      Comment


      • Heh, ok, ok.

        Hey, you should definetly go with the NYPD job, IMO...It is a better job..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ford123 View Post
          Heh, ok, ok.

          Hey, you should definetly go with the NYPD job, IMO...It is a better job..
          Yea man I know, $90,000 after 5 years, unlimited sick leave, PAID MEDICAL!
          N.Y.P.D.

          Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
          Passed:Medical (1/2009)
          Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
          Passed(2:50):JST
          Passed:Mini-Medical
          January 2010 Academy:

          CBP Officer

          Exam Feb, 08: Passed
          Medical: Passed
          PT Test: Passed
          Qualifications GS7: Done
          VBT: Passed
          Backround: Done
          Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
          Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
          Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
          CBP Officer: Florida

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
            Also, most don't know that the 216 million dollars that the GS-12 upgrade is going to cost in the first year was obtained from another agency.

            Hiring is going to be slow for awhile.

            FB
            I don't know where the money came from, but I can tell you this: DHS requested approx 400 mil less than was approved for salaries by Congress. Our DFO came down to advise us of the implementation of GS-12's and stated the increase is estimated to cost between 350-400 mil. Those numbers are entirely too close for them to be coincidence, in my opinion. The areas that received decreased funding from the request to actual Congressional budget were minor and were generally from programs that were either expiring or had expired. If the money came from another agency it wasn't an agency in DHS.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

            For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
              To give you an idea of whats going on, yesterday CBP sent out a agency wide email that they are pretty much cutting back on our overtime. Scheduled overtime which is 95% of how we get OT will now be time and a half (Goodbye Double time OT), and unscheduled, last second OT will be Double Time ( Which will rarely happen) All in part of us topping out at GS-12 AND congress asking all federal agencies to make cutbacks.
              Not only are you likely not correct, but you've got it backwards.

              Scheduled OT will stay @ 2X COPRA OT. If anything changes it'll be the last-minute enforcement, seizure, ship/flight/bus/truck delays and surprises, weather, emergency, etc. OT that will go to time and a half FLSA OT.

              Most likely this will only affect those people who do collateral duties and those in a travel/training status doing work-related duties on the side. The average guy isn't likely to take much of a hit from this.

              Of course, as with anything else...we'll have to wait to see how it'll all play out.

              Comment


              • So do you think hiring will pick up in Jan? Also how many officers do you think will be hired in 2010? Any ideas even random thoughts would help! Thanks!

                Comment


                • Hiring will pick up sometime between January and October. Several hundred people will be hired before the end of FY/2010. It looks like they won't be keeping up with attrition this year, so it's likely that they'll start the next FY(Oct. 01, 2010) with even more openings that they'll eventually have to hire for.

                  The question I have is why are they pushing off hiring for later?...I don't know the answer to that. My guess would be that they're looking to further modify the academy and hiring practices in the near future. I'd expect to see more changes coming. There's a post on here a few days back claiming that the academy is expecting a 70% failure rate among the new hires. I don't know how true that is...but it should be a wake-up call to new hires and those in the pipeline. Hit the gym and brush up on your KSAOs. Make sure you're part of the top 20% of the class that can handle whatever the academy throws at you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    There's a post on here a few days back claiming that the academy is expecting a 70% failure rate among the new hires. I don't know how true that is...but it should be a wake-up call to new hires and those in the pipeline. Hit the gym and brush up on your KSAOs. Make sure you're part of the top 20% of the class that can handle whatever the academy throws at you.
                    First off; what are KSAO's?

                    Secondly: The post claimed that the test class experienced a 70% failure rate, I believe. I'm pretty sure that this number upset the agency. I don't believe that any sensible agency with the kind of mission that Customs has would intentionally have a system that fails 70% of cadets. Do you believe this to be a realistic target? The heck if I know.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                    TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU


                    EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

                    Comment


                    • granted we need people but if you cant pass the requirement down there then you shouldn't have the job and it shouldn't be made easier for some people... requirements are still unbelievably easy in every way no one should be failing anything... i don't want to be working next to/with someone whose helpless... if you cant do it then someone else is already in the pipeline ready to take your job

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        The question I have is why are they pushing off hiring for later?...I don't know the answer to that. My guess would be that they're looking to further modify the academy and hiring practices in the near future. I'd expect to see more changes coming. There's a post on here a few days back claiming that the academy is expecting a 70% failure rate among the new hires. I don't know how true that is...but it should be a wake-up call to new hires and those in the pipeline. Hit the gym and brush up on your KSAOs. Make sure you're part of the top 20% of the class that can handle whatever the academy throws at you.
                        I think you are correct. As it has been said over the last year OFO is moving towards mirroring OBP. Low and behold look who is taking over as acting deputy comish. None other than OBP Chief David Aguilar. I think there are some great things in the pipeline for CBP.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          First off; what are KSAO's?

                          Secondly: The post claimed that the test class experienced a 70% failure rate, I believe. I'm pretty sure that this number upset the agency. I don't believe that any sensible agency with the kind of mission that Customs has would intentionally have a system that fails 70% of cadets. Do you believe this to be a realistic target? The heck if I know.


                          KSAOs… a misprint for KASOs.
                          Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Other characteristics.

                          It's only a target that fails 70% of the class if 70% of the class does nothing to improve themselves above the target. In other words...nearly everyone has the ability to pass, if they prepare adequately...70% are currently choose not to avail themselves of the options necessary to ensure their success. People need to work harder and smarter both during the hiring process and at the Academy.

                          As far as the CBP mission goes...I have no idea what CBP's mission will be in the future. The general push by CBP to increase the academy length, courses of study, academic and fitness difficulties probably gives one a general idea of what to expect in the near future though.

                          Comment


                          • I spoke to my aunt today whose son in law is a CBP Officer on the northern Washington Border. She told me that CBP is planning to hire up to 80 officers for all of Washington State, probably in the next year. Here's hoping!

                            TSU - 7/2/09 - Washington (All other locations)
                            TSU since 7/5/09
                            Washington State / All other locations

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Hiring will pick up sometime between January and October. Several hundred people will be hired before the end of FY/2010. It looks like they won't be keeping up with attrition this year, so it's likely that they'll start the next FY(Oct. 01, 2010) with even more openings that they'll eventually have to hire for.

                              The question I have is why are they pushing off hiring for later?...I don't know the answer to that. My guess would be that they're looking to further modify the academy and hiring practices in the near future. I'd expect to see more changes coming. There's a post on here a few days back claiming that the academy is expecting a 70% failure rate among the new hires. I don't know how true that is...but it should be a wake-up call to new hires and those in the pipeline. Hit the gym and brush up on your KSAOs. Make sure you're part of the top 20% of the class that can handle whatever the academy throws at you.
                              70% seems really high. 7 out of 10 people are expected to fail. Uncle Sam is not going to be happy with that. Spend all that money on testing and then have 7 out of 10 fail. The whole purpose to the hiring process is to weed those people out. Raise the bar on hiring standards should solve that problem? Not even the Marines or U.S. Army have fail rates that high. Crazy.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                KSAOs… a misprint for KASOs.
                                Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Other characteristics.

                                It's only a target that fails 70% of the class if 70% of the class does nothing to improve themselves above the target. In other words...nearly everyone has the ability to pass, if they prepare adequately...70% are currently choose not to avail themselves of the options necessary to ensure their success. People need to work harder and smarter both during the hiring process and at the Academy.

                                As far as the CBP mission goes...I have no idea what CBP's mission will be in the future. The general push by CBP to increase the academy length, courses of study, academic and fitness difficulties probably gives one a general idea of what to expect in the near future though.
                                Can you forsee CBP and Border Patrol being one agency? (Same training, uniform, pay band, retirment, etc..)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7606 users online. 229 members and 7377 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X