300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
    Well thought out. You might have hit the nail on the head.
    I'm pretty sure that is not the case. How would they determine "30 days before EOD to retake" if you couldn't recieve an EOD? I assume they will begin to hold your mark in TSU even if there is a pended test, ie; if your physical expired you would still be in line to recieve an EOD, but you would need to test before you went.

If they took you out of TSU and you lost your place, you would never recieve an EOD, so you would never re-take the fitness test... Essentially that would mean that if your test expired you will never EOD. I don't buy it. Mayeb they did it to make the mpool seem smaller
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Maybe MHC realized how worthless the fitness test is and that it is not indicative of the physical requirements of FLETC. Why keep paying CHS a ton of money to re-certify that we can do a few push ups and step up and down for five minutes?

The Border Patrol is starting their PFT2 in February, 2010. Within 30 days prior to EOD'ing (Entering on Duty) you will be scheduled for the PFT2. You will be required to run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes, do the sprint, and do push-ups and sit-ups. If you don't pass, you don't go to FLETC. Perhaps CBPO's will have to do something similar.

Personally, I think that would be great. Instead of sending 48 trainees to FLETC only to realize that 36 aren't in shape, you would get 48 people that are squared away.

If you think that my 36 number is far-fetched, read this post for a recent example from a FLETC Instructor:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/custo...s?msg=10039.16

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        I'm pretty sure that is not the case. How would they determine "30 days before EOD to retake" if you couldn't recieve an EOD? I assume they will begin to hold your mark in TSU even if there is a pended test, ie; if your physical expired you would still be in line to recieve an EOD, but you would need to test before you went.

If they took you out of TSU and you lost your place, you would never recieve an EOD, so you would never re-take the fitness test... Essentially that would mean that if your test expired you will never EOD. I don't buy it. Mayeb they did it to make the mpool seem smaller
        You make a good point, but I am still leaning towards USMC0844 argument.
        Regardless, if funded positions were heading down the pipe then they would not of stopped re-testing. Even if funded positions were delayed a few months they would of not stopped re-testing. I believe they stopped re-testing because they don't see any funded positions coming down the road for a while. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
          You make a good point, but I am still leaning towards USMC0844 argument.
          Regardless, if funded positions were heading down the pipe then they would not of stopped re-testing. Even if funded positions were delayed a few months they would of not stopped re-testing. I believe they stopped re-testing because they don't see any funded positions coming down the road for a while. Not good.
          Agreed. Fitness tests are good for a year. On the surface it seems that they're saying there is no point to retest because there won't be a funded vacancy within the next year. On the other hand, someone stated that there are no classes being filled until January for FLETC in February, so there is no rush. Maybe MHC wants to wait until the 11th hour to re-test you in order to make the re-test last as long as possible, i.e. expire in February 2011 instead of December, 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
            Agreed. Fitness tests are good for a year. On the surface it seems that they're saying there is no point to retest because there won't be a funded vacancy within the next year. On the other hand, someone stated that there are no classes being filled until January for FLETC in February, so there is no rush. Maybe MHC wants to wait until the 11th hour to re-test you in order to make the re-test last as long as possible, i.e. expire in February 2011 instead of December, 2010.
            Maybe. Like everyone else, the guessing games are killing me. What concerns me is that I have been trying to get this job for 3 years, been in TSU for almost 9 months and I have never seen them do this.

Comment

• This non-hiring/slow to a crawl act was pretty much standard back in '04 when they dropped the legacy agencies and dove headfirst into CBP.

Sometimes hiring goes forward like wildfire...sometimes it trickles down to near nothing. Eventually, it'll pick up. Sometime before today and next Oct. they'll have to hire several hundred officers. When...who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                This non-hiring/slow to a crawl act was pretty much standard back in '04 when they dropped the legacy agencies and dove headfirst into CBP.

Sometimes hiring goes forward like wildfire...sometimes it trickles down to near nothing. Eventually, it'll pick up. Sometime before today and next Oct. they'll have to hire several hundred officers. When...who knows?
                have you seen them let people in TSU expire and not re-test them?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  This non-hiring/slow to a crawl act was pretty much standard back in '04 when they dropped the legacy agencies and dove headfirst into CBP.

Man, I hope it does take until next October. I'm going nuts as it is at my present workplace.
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• have you seen them let people in TSU expire and not re-test them?

Worse.
                    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• So my post made for a new topic.... I'm also concerned about this new procedure. I believe that I've been in this process long enough to be retested. Apparently MHC and DHS don't, what to do now? I'm trying to stay positive about this because when I get retested then I should recieve a job offer after. Who knows anything anymore? Just speculation right! So just wait as usual.

I'm concerned that DHS doesn't know what to do with all of us. Im thinking of changing my GEO. Does anyone know what the procedure would be tochange the GEO pref.

Comment

• Since the new budget has not passed yet they probably don't have the money to retest right now. That's my best guess. Maybe once they have the new budget they will start retesting again.
                        I would not give up and say we are never going to get hired, eventually if you stay with it you will get hired. I'm sure some will go off and find something else but if this is what you want all you have to do is wait it out and stay in shape!
                        CBPO
                        Test: July 2008
                        TO: 12/26/08
                        VBT 1/21/09-passed
                        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                        BI - Cleared
                        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                          Since the new budget has not passed yet they probably don't have the money to retest right now. That's my best guess. Maybe once they have the new budget they will start retesting again.
                          I would not give up and say we are never going to get hired, eventually if you stay with it you will get hired. I'm sure some will go off and find something else but if this is what you want all you have to do is wait it out and stay in shape!
                          I wouldn't be suprised if the just scooped all of us up, threw us in the garbage and sent out a new announcement.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Anthony,

Please put me in for TSU 7/09 (NYC).
                            Last edited by WaitingGame; 12-09-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                              I wouldn't be suprised if the just scooped all of us up, threw us in the garbage and sent out a new announcement.
                              I don't think they would do that. I don't think we will see a new announcement in a long time. TSU line is so long, and the line waiting to get into TSU is even longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                                Since the new budget has not passed yet they probably don't have the money to retest right now. That's my best guess. Maybe once they have the new budget they will start retesting again.
                                I think you are right, "eventually if you stay with it you will get hired." However, it may take years and lots of re-testing. I have already been in this process for 3 years; I have been in TSU for almost 9 months. I can't wait another 3 years.
                                They have decided to not re-test the fitness portion, what about the written test, medical, drug, backgrounds, and other paperwork? I took the written test a long time ago, how long is that good for? If there is no new announcement that means there is no new written. TuffStuffCBP mentioned how they are going to let attrition start picking us off, I think he is right. Not re-testing fitness is just the beginning; when all the other stuff starts to expire just consider yourself out of the process.
                                Also, the elephant in the room is the TSU line. We hardly talk about it. If you got into TSU last summer or recently, you may have well over 150 people ahead of you for your port. It would take a major hiring to get to you. I got into TSU 9 months ago for SF/Oak. A port that supposedly is always in need. The last guy hired for SF/OAK had a TSU date a few weeks ahead of me. I know a guy waiting for the same geo location with a TSU date 6 months behind me. The woman at TSU told him he had over 100 people ahead of him and if CBP started hiring today at the rate they were prior to the slow down it could take two or more years to get to him. So how long would it take with the current situation? She was telling him to move on with his life.
                                The signs are all there, we shouldn’t be holding on to this job. For some reason most of us ignore those signs.
                                Last edited by UofU76; 12-09-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10106 users online. 481 members and 9625 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X