Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's one people probably don't ask all that often:

    Do we get uniform hats to wear? I'm thinning on top, probably gonna be bald in the next 5 years and I would love the opportunity not to look like a bumbling fool.

    I've seen some officers wear hats, but not others.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

    TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU


    EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      Here's one people probably don't ask all that often:

      Do we get uniform hats to wear? I'm thinning on top, probably gonna be bald in the next 5 years and I would love the opportunity not to look like a bumbling fool.

      I've seen some officers wear hats, but not others.
      inside at an airport? never

      Comment


      • Great answer Wrangler...

        You'll have the option of a ball cap with CBP on it (you'll automatically get it at FLETC with your uniform allowance).

        A polyester stocking cap, or another stocking cap with the "Field Operations" patch.

        There is also a furry hat that the russians wear (funky looking) that has to have an emblem in the front.

        The Campaign hat is for the dress uniform (also given at FLETC).

        As for being bald, I have never seen so many 20 year olds without hair until I saw the CBP organization.

        Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Here's one people probably don't ask all that often:

        Do we get uniform hats to wear? I'm thinning on top, probably gonna be bald in the next 5 years and I would love the opportunity not to look like a bumbling fool.

        I've seen some officers wear hats, but not others.
        Last edited by bronze01; 12-05-2009, 03:40 PM. Reason: added Bald statement

        Comment


        • Good attitude bflogirl...

          I don't know one CBP Officer complaining about the 2.0 % no locality pay. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Union of course, is giving us GS-12. Making over $75K in 4 years (GS-5 to GS-12) at the ripe old age of 25 years old if not younger is something doctors can only dream of.

          Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
          Seriously that doesn't bother me I just want to get in! I work in the private sector and they have stopped giving ANY raises or bonuses whatsoever until further notice.
          Last edited by bronze01; 12-05-2009, 03:48 PM. Reason: GS-12 money

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
            You'll have the option of a ball cap with CBP on it (you'll automatically get it at FLETC with your uniform allowance).

            A polyester stocking cap, or another stocking cap with the "Field Operations" patch.

            There is also a furry hat that the russians wear (funky looking) that has to have an emblem in the front.

            The Campaign hat is for the dress uniform (also given at FLETC).

            As for being bald, I have never seen so many 20 year olds without hair until I saw the CBP organization.
            Seriously, what's the deal with Cops having no hair? Also, the poster above you made the claim that hats are off limits working at airports, know anything about that angle?
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

            TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU


            EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

            Comment


            • For the most part, hats have been more or less off-limits while working indoors. Since much airport work is inside, there's less of an excuse to cover-up there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                The Field Offices that you applied for does not include Southern border locations. Houston field office does not include Pharr, San Antonio, or Corpus, they are in Laredo Field Office. Hiring now is done by Field office, if you put in for east Texas, that is all you will be considered for. East Texas is the Houston Field Office and is several Sea Ports and airports, but no land borders. You can be considered for any location in the field office if that is how the announcement read.
                My TO reads for Eastern Texas locations to include Houston, San Antonio, Corpus, etc.

                I will post the exact cities later.
                CBPO East Texas
                TO: 3/3/09
                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                TSU: 8/27/09
                FCRA: 05/19/10
                BI Update: 6/16/10

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                  I don't know one CBP Officer complaining about the 2.0 % no locality pay. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Union of course, is giving us GS-12. Making over $75K in 4 years (GS-5 to GS-12) at the ripe old age of 25 years old if not younger is something doctors can only dream of.
                  lol ill be 24 when i get my 12... its pretty amazing i cant lie

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                    My TO reads for Eastern Texas locations to include Houston, San Antonio, Corpus, etc.

                    I will post the exact cities later.
                    That is interesting. I have seen the announcements for a state, but usually for the Field Office.
                    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                      That is interesting. I have seen the announcements for a state, but usually for the Field Office.
                      Here is how my TO letter reads:

                      " You have been tentatively selected for the position of Customs and Border Protection officer (CBP Officer), with a duty location in Texas-Eastern Locations (including but not limited to Amarillo, Austin, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Freeport, Galveston, Houston, Lubbock, Midland Airport, Port Arthur, and San Antonio, TX), with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)."
                      CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

                      Comment


                      • Hats off indoors...

                        As Merlin says, no reason to be covered indoors, however when you're running errands outside that's when you may wear your hat of choice.

                        One nice thing about no cover (hat) inside the airport is you can style your hair in the morning and not have to worry about wearing a hat to damage the hard work you did to make it so perfect.

                        My now working outdoors, I never style my hair because of always wearing the ball or stocking cap.

                        Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        For the most part, hats have been more or less off-limits while working indoors. Since much airport work is inside, there's less of an excuse to cover-up there.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                          Here is how my TO letter reads:

                          " You have been tentatively selected for the position of Customs and Border Protection officer (CBP Officer), with a duty location in Texas-Eastern Locations (including but not limited to Amarillo, Austin, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Freeport, Galveston, Houston, Lubbock, Midland Airport, Port Arthur, and San Antonio, TX), with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)."
                          Those are all in the Houston Field office. I was wrong about San Antonio and Corpus, gotta look at that map with my glasses ON.

                          I think Corpus used to be in Laredo, with a 53 port number instead of 55. all Laredo ports are 23, so maybe I am not totally losing it.
                          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

                          Comment


                          • My letter just has the state listed. I signed up for New Orleans GEO. Can they put me anywhere in LA or will mine automatically be New Orleans??

                            BTW....Tuffstuffcbp, just shave it off because if I catch you at FLETC with a comb-over you will be made fun of!!
                            Last edited by cajunchik; 12-06-2009, 06:21 PM.

                            Comment


                            • I am wondering if CBP will try and match my pay if I get a job at CBP. I am a I band (GS13) at TSA/FAM service. Any one have a answer for me. (I am tired of flying for a living)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                                My letter just has the state listed. I signed up for New Orleans GEO. Can they put me anywhere in LA or will mine automatically be New Orleans??

                                If it Said LA, you could be offered any LA port, on the state specific ones it is usually in the same state.
                                It is when a state is broken into several field offices that they hire for a field office. Examples would be TX, CA, and FL.
                                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8483 users online. 251 members and 8232 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X