Add Me To The List If You Don't Mind
    For E. Texas Locations Tsu Since 02/05/2009 Thanks

Comment

• For the List
      TSU - Washington / All other locations - 7/2/09
      TSU since 7/5/09
      Washington State / All other locations

Comment

• anyone know where I can find a sit and reach box? how far is touching your toes? Do you have to hold it, and for how long?

also, on cass I went from referred for EOD to all green check marks. I know someone else had the same question. I didn't see if anyone responded.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorBait09 View Post
          Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on some info I found out about the FY10 budget for CBP. I have a contact that is a Port Director for CBP and he confirmed what the hiring center told me that the FY10 budget won’t role out until January and that CBP is still operating under “Continuing Resolution”. He did say that this is something that happens every year. With that in mind maybe this will mean that CBP will start hiring in January when the FY10 budget. Who knows....until then we wait
          This is exactly what I heard too from (who I assume) was a different port director. So there's gotta be some truth to it.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Of course, those are today's standards 2is1 posted.

If you've been paying attention, you have noticed that the fitness hiring standards for this job have been getting increasingly tougher over the last few years. I'm of the opinion that they'll get tougher still.

If it was me, I'd be training to standards far more strict than today's minimums. Who knows how long this process will take you? All one needs is to get jammed up because of a BI issue, recycled because of a training accident or otherwise finding oneself taking an extra 12-18 months to get hired and you just might be looking at a whole new set of tougher standards in 2011 or 2012.

Comment

• Just to give you guys some real intel, the new director of the CBPI academy is a Border Patrol Agent ='s HARDCORE. The new CBPI academy starting Oct. 1st will be 6 months long, it will be Border Patrol Academy oriented and you must now pass your 1.5 mile run TWICE in 15:00 (still a joke). As far as my port, they are not planning to hire for a loooooooooong time especially now that Journeymen level will be GS-12.
              N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
              Passed:Medical (1/2009)
              Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
              Passed(2:50):JST
              Passed:Mini-Medical
              January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
              Medical: Passed
              PT Test: Passed
              Qualifications GS7: Done
              VBT: Passed
              Backround: Done
              Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
              Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
              Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
              CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

• Please add me to the TSU list. 04/02/2009 FL (all other).

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG 2 NYPD View Post
                  Just to give you guys some real intel, the new director of the CBPI academy is a Border Patrol Agent ='s HARDCORE. The new CBPI academy starting Oct. 1st will be 6 months long, it will be Border Patrol Academy oriented and you must now pass your 1.5 mile run TWICE in 15:00 (still a joke). As far as my port, they are not planning to hire for a loooooooooong time especially now that Journeymen level will be GS-12.
                  what's CBPI?

Comment

Just to give you guys some real intel, the new director of the CBPI academy is a Border Patrol Agent ='s HARDCORE. The new CBPI academy starting Oct. 1st will be 6 months long, it will be Border Patrol Academy oriented and you must now pass your 1.5 mile run TWICE in 15:00 (still a joke). As far as my port, they are not planning to hire for a loooooooooong time especially now that Journeymen level will be GS-12.
                    Do you know more or less how long a loooooooooooong time is? That is where I was hoping to get hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                      what's CBPI?
                      CBPI Academy = Customs and Border protection Integrated Academy. Thats what the CBP Academy is called. As far as Port Everglades, I got lucky because this is a dream that is mostly manned by CBPO's that will retire within the next 5 years, 2009 alone my port hired about 35 new Officers including myself and Usually it takes 3 months to get fully qualified and signed off( Passanger Processing, Baggage Secondary, Seaport, Soft Secondary). We are so backed up with new officers here that I've been back at my port since July and I was told I wont get fully qualified until MAYBE summer 2010.

On a brighter note, Miami has such a huge turnover rate and is always hiring lol.
                      Last edited by USCG 2 NYPD; 11-30-2009, 11:21 PM.
                      N.Y.P.D.

Passed:Exam# 3007 (1/2004) Military Extension
                      Passed:Medical (1/2009)
                      Passed:Psycological (1/2009)
                      Passed(2:50):JST
                      Passed:Mini-Medical
                      January 2010 Academy:

CBP Officer

Exam Feb, 08: Passed
                      Medical: Passed
                      PT Test: Passed
                      Qualifications GS7: Done
                      VBT: Passed
                      Backround: Done
                      Whiz quiz: Passed with 100%
                      Referred to TSU: 2/10/09
                      Graduated FLETC: CBPI Class 941
                      CBP Officer: Florida

Comment

If NYPD calls you would you take that job over CBPO

Comment

• I start school again In Jan. If they call me in the middle of my semester i have to withdraw..
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TO - 01/29/09
                          TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                          Expired 6/10/11
                          Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• I thought I was facing the same dilema almost a year ago. Explain your situation to your professors on the first day of class and ask if they'd be willing to give you an "I" grade for the class. It allows you to come back at some future date to finish the class from where you left it. If a professor isn't willing to do that (which is highly unlikely) drop their class for one that will. This process is DEFINITELY NOT worth postponing your education for. Besides, even if they did call you and you didn't want to withdraw, you can always ask TSU for an extention.

Comment

• Today marks one year of being in TSU!!!!!
                              TO-6/16/08
                              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Today marks one year of being in TSU!!!!!!
                                TO-6/16/08
                                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4545 users online. 263 members and 4282 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X