Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
    I'd like to spend the spring in South East Georgia. Physically and mentally enriching myself among Dogwoods, Cherry Blossoms and Weeping Willows.
    It would be more like spending the spring in 95% humidity with prehistoric bugs, killer fire ants and mosquitos, but it would be so worth it.

    Comment


    • First time I went to FLETC was in May. It was hot and humid, but I loved it!! Always drive if you can, you will hate yourself if you do not! Just a suggestion.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by when View Post
        I am going to the caribbean for 2 weeks, next week. It is about to actually get cold in NYC ...no sense being cold and miserable about no calls for EOD ..when I can be warm on the beach everyday for the next 13days....with that "no call" at the back of my mind. This year sure went by quick, wonder what next year will bring?

        Where I live it's warm 98% of the time and I have South Padre Island here too, so I'm going where it's cooler! LOL I'm sure by the time I get to FLETC it'll be HOT! I can then dream my time in the cool temps of Spain! LOL Keep the patience animals and eventually evrything will work out for the best!!!

        Comment


        • Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on some info I found out about the FY10 budget for CBP. I have a contact that is a Port Director for CBP and he confirmed what the hiring center told me that the FY10 budget won’t role out until January and that CBP is still operating under “Continuing Resolution”. He did say that this is something that happens every year. With that in mind maybe this will mean that CBP will start hiring in January when the FY10 budget. Who knows....until then we wait

          Comment


          • can you re-add me to the TSU list?

            9/2/09 for northern VA

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sag227 View Post
              can you re-add me to the TSU list?

              9/2/09 for northern VA
              you bet will do it now
              CBPO

              Comment


              • I was just reading over the Government Accountability Office Report for CBP fiscal budget proposal. In this report, it lists the Background/Security Investigation for a Border Patrol Agent to be $14,468. I would assume they would figure the same for a CBPO. Does this seem ridiculously high to anyone else, or is there some critical factor that I'm overlooking? I thought that maybe it was the cost of all the expected investigations that would go on throughout ones career, but everything that I read led me to believe that it was just for the initial investigation. How could an investigation possibly cost this much? Any thoughts? Here is the link if you're really bored.

                http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d09542r.pdf

                It's all the way at the bottom. It appears another time earlier in the report.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                  I was just reading over the Government Accountability Office Report for CBP fiscal budget proposal. In this report, it lists the Background/Security Investigation for a Border Patrol Agent to be $14,468. I would assume they would figure the same for a CBPO. Does this seem ridiculously high to anyone else, or is there some critical factor that I'm overlooking? I thought that maybe it was the cost of all the expected investigations that would go on throughout ones career, but everything that I read led me to believe that it was just for the initial investigation. How could an investigation possibly cost this much? Any thoughts? Here is the link if you're really bored.

                  http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d09542r.pdf

                  It's all the way at the bottom. It appears another time earlier in the report.
                  Great Article!!!, I never knew how much it cost to prepare an agent for duty.
                  Test: November 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                  VBT 1/21/09-completed
                  Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                  Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                  Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                  BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                  TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

                  Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

                  Comment


                  • Hello Everyone! I stumbled on this forum about a month or so ago but this is my first post. I just wanted to say it was actually somewhat of a relief to find other people going through the waiting process. I've really felt like my whole world has been in limbo for well over a year now and I'm sitting at a job I don't really love waiting for this madness to end. This is a great online community spot which helped me to remember I'm not the only person out there going through this. Thanks Guys!

                    Oh and feel free to add me to the list:

                    CBPO - Maine
                    TSU: 7/13/09

                    Comment


                    • hey everybody! ive been reading these forums for over a year but finally decided to join.

                      i took the CBPO exam in may 09, LOR jun 09- 95% GS-5/7. For EWR, Newark, NJ.

                      But besides that I havent heard anything yet or received a packet.

                      I've worked in Newark Airport for several years and have met a lot of CBP officers there. From what a lot of them have told me, CBP was waiting for the new budget before sending classes to FLETC. Also newark has gotten a few waves of new cbp officers.

                      Anyone have any idea when I might be getting a packet, or even if Newark is hiring any time soon? Maybe I should change my GEO?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hopeful09 View Post
                        Hello Everyone! I stumbled on this forum about a month or so ago but this is my first post. I just wanted to say it was actually somewhat of a relief to find other people going through the waiting process. I've really felt like my whole world has been in limbo for well over a year now and I'm sitting at a job I don't really love waiting for this madness to end. This is a great online community spot which helped me to remember I'm not the only person out there going through this. Thanks Guys!

                        Oh and feel free to add me to the list:

                        CBPO - Maine
                        TSU: 7/13/09
                        welcome to the list and forum
                        CBPO

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by onlyroko View Post
                          hey everybody! ive been reading these forums for over a year but finally decided to join.

                          i took the CBPO exam in may 09, LOR jun 09- 95% GS-5/7. For EWR, Newark, NJ.

                          But besides that I havent heard anything yet or received a packet.

                          I've worked in Newark Airport for several years and have met a lot of CBP officers there. From what a lot of them have told me, CBP was waiting for the new budget before sending classes to FLETC. Also newark has gotten a few waves of new cbp officers.

                          Anyone have any idea when I might be getting a packet, or even if Newark is hiring any time soon? Maybe I should change my GEO?
                          Most people that are in the hiring process at this time tested last year and received TOs at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. There is quite a line developing in TSU and CBP has not had the need to issue anymore TOs to those who tested earlier this year. My guess would be that you will probably hear something between mid-year and the end of next year and that is only if the TSU line starts moving at the beginning of 2010. Otherwise you may be in for a long wait. It does not have anything to do with your Geo Pref at this time. Pretty much the whole country is on lockdown for the moment.
                          CBPO East Texas
                          TO: 3/3/09
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                          TSU: 8/27/09
                          FCRA: 05/19/10
                          BI Update: 6/16/10

                          Comment


                          • for the list-->

                            Mackabo TSU 06/2009 Maine
                            CBPO
                            Written 08/08
                            TO 02/09
                            TSU 06/09
                            BI Expired 04/10
                            Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                            Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                            TSU 08/10

                            CBP BPA
                            Written 08/10
                            TO 09/10
                            TSU 11/10
                            THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                            FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

                            Comment


                            • So the other night I got in my car and drove the distance that I run, to "measure" it, and I'm running 1.83 miles in 15:44 depending on whether or not my dog needs to pee or poo and whether or not I need to run in place for a few seconds while I wait for the intersections I'm running through to clear up.

                              Oddly enough, I can do the first mile in about 7-9 minutes (I've looked at my stopwatch before just at the 1 mile mark) but I find that from 1.0 to 1.5mile mark I slow down a little then ramp it up for the last .3. Anyone else find themselves doing that?

                              What exactly do they want from us at FLETC? A 6.5min mile?

                              When you guys are doing your runs, do you run on the ball of your foot, or on your toes?
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                                What exactly do they want from us at FLETC? A 6.5min mile?

                                This is what will be expected of you:

                                1.5 mile run: CBPO trainees are required to run an initial mile and a half in under 16:30, then 15:00 min. or less to graduate.


                                220 yd dash: 45 seconds or less


                                Push-ups: At least 24 in 60 seconds


                                Sit and Reach: 18 ½ “ on the box
                                sigpicTwo is one,
                                one is none.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13303 users online. 355 members and 12948 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X