300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magl23 View Post
    Remove me from Newark, NJ-TSU 7/30/09-magl23 and place me in Vermont. The TSU date remains the same, thanks.
    how did you change your GEO location?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      There are some (not many) flights into/out of Brunswick.
      For the lucky few who get to fly into the Brunswick airport, going to and leaving FLETC is a breeze.
      sigpicTwo is one,
      one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
        For the lucky few who get to fly into the Brunswick airport, going to and leaving FLETC is a breeze.
        Delta seems to do regular service out of Brunswick (it is the only commercial airline to do so). I picked a random date for 1 way and it cost $134.

Am I missing something?
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Are there any ports that ARE hiring right now? A friend from BOS says they are being forced to do a 6-8 week TDY in Nogales. Would that mean the Nogales is looking to hire new CBPO's? Or any of the souther borders?
          Geo Pref - Boston
          Written - 7/25/2008
          TO - 3/6/2009
          Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
          Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
          VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
          Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
          Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
          BI - 5/13/2009
          TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Hey Anthony30 how come I was taken off the TSU list? Can you please add me back in? I am TSU for Buffalo NY on 4/21/2009. Thank you in advance.
            Exam - July 2008
            NOR - Aug 2008
            T.O. - Dec 2008
            Background Completed - March 2009
            TSU - April 22 2009
            FCRA - March 2010
            Drivers License Form - May 2010
            Back in TSU - June 15 2010
            Poly - January 2011
            2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Originally posted by LSExplorer22 View Post
              I have heard from instructors that they have been talking about increasing the overtime from 35K to 50K per year.

I haven't heard that, but it makes some sense.

With journeyman 12's, the chances of capping out at 35K gets a lot more likely for many officers. Capped out officers do not work OT, or midnight/evenings/holiday/Sunday shifts due to the differentials. In those ports where OT is plentiful, that means they'll need either an increased cap, OT cap waivers, or some way to move OT elsewhere. Since I doubt we'll see much for moving OT anywhere, that pretty much just leaves cap waivers or an increased cap.

Comment

• HHHMMMM maybe they are thinking that it would make more sense to pay $30k in over time when needed..than hire an extra body pay them standard wages plus benefits...who knows....
                Last edited by when; 11-27-2009, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• This really sucks camel dic×s
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                    HHHMMMM maybe they are thinking that it would make more sense to pay $30k in over time when needed..than higher an extra body pay them standard wages plus benefits...who knows....
                    I doubt there is much for thought put into any of it.

Not hiring people adds it's own risks. Lots of Officers do not care to work 16 hour doubles or multiple numbers of OT shifts every week. Unhappy and overworked people tend to quit, which in turn adds to the problems of OT and shortstaffedness.

If anything, hiring new people is a boon as far as the OT budget goes. An GS-05 needs to work 2X+ the hours of a GS-12 to earn the same pay. If they don't hire new people and they're forced to staff OT hours with GS-12's, they'll need to find the extra money for the OT budget from somewhere.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 11-26-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Fletc

After all this talk of flying to FLETC via Brunswick/Atlanta/Jacksonville... is it possible to simply drive there? If so, do they allow you to park your vehicle somewhere on the campus during the whole time??

Comment

• Fletc

After all this talk of flying to FLETC via Brunswick/Atlanta/Jacksonville... is it possible to simply drive there? If so, do they allow you to park your vehicle somewhere on the campus during the whole time??

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy the company of friends and family, but don't eat too much - the fitness retest is coming up soon. Haha.
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                            TSU LIST (18600)

Alabama- TSU- 8/14/09-Bama36028

Arizona-TSU 8/18/09 -ivylaw77
                            Arizona-tsu-9/22/09 -ppasiakos

and so on...........

This TSU list is old and is missing a lot of people. Did you by mistake copy the wrong one? Just curious. You're missing me for one :-/ Did they call you to tell you that I EOD'd and you forgot to tell me?!!?! That's messed up.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe and Lamp Lighter is right... just because it's the holidays you need to watch your consumption!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                              Many on here encourage you to drive. You will want a car when you are down there to get off campus. Some spent money on taxi's, but I found being able to drive off center in my own car and not have to pay for a ride or take the bus much easier. All of the dorms have parking.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I have seen contradicting posts on the subject of the sit and reach test. Is there a day one fletc requirement and then one for graduation? What are these requirements and is it right that touching your toes equals fifteen inches? Any suggestions on how I can gauge my progress?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14049 users online. 264 members and 13785 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X