Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoa... m4's and carbines at fletc????? all i got was the h&k and 2 hours with a 10 year old revolver hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
      Thats good news.. But I Just called TSU today and they said they havent hired anyone for JFK for awhile.. All this back on a forth stuff is killing me.. I guess it depends on who you talk too.

I did get some good info though.
      Fitness expires in 1 year
      Medical expires in 1 year also but you dont have to do the whole thing.. just fill out some paper work.
      Credit check aslo a year.
      TSU 5/5/09
      Does anyone know what happens if you have had some hiccups in your credit when they redo it? Do they allow you to explain like they would during the original process?
      CBPO
      Test: July 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      VBT 1/21/09-passed
      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
      BI - Cleared
      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
        I was for sure the next topic of conversation was going to be about pizza, but we are back to weapons, shooting, and M-4 training.
        Okay, CBP adding a driving course, we got to be close to discussing that again.
        We keep having the same coversations over and over and I keep logging in and reading them! I don't know what's worse.
        Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Please, we need someone to get a call!

Welcome to my life...and the life of every "old-timer" CBPO on this board. Most all we do is keep seeing the same questions...and keep answering the same questions over and over again.

Waiting off in the wings...more questions repeated about the pay scale/steps, flying armed...24/7 off-duty carry, port transfers, FLETC food, tattoos, law enforcement officer status, et al.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          speaking of weapons used..

I'm kinda surprised that CBP is using the HK. A buddy of mine whos a cop at a town near me says all their SWAT guys unanimously agreed on the S&W M&P .40 for their uses and when all the manufacturers stopped by to do demos recently, the S&W shot off 10000 rounds without its spring breaking and the HK's crapped out after 300 or so (the other guys in his dept currently use a Glock .45). I haven't shot either, but the S&W's trigger is effortless to squeeze and is light as a feather (held it at the gun show), and from what I heard it has virtually no recoil. The .40 holds also holds 15 rounds (1 up top, 14 in the mag) if memory serves.

No offense to zee German inginee-ring but maybe by the time we all get in, CBP will see the light and switch to the S&W.
          The current 5-year contract with H&K is up fairly soon. There's serious rumblings of switching over to a new gun. A lot of officers, especially the marine guys, are not all that happy with the problems associated with the H&K and water.

Who knows where we'll be at in a couple of years from now?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Welcome to my life...and the life of every "old-timer" CBPO on this board. Most all we do is keep seeing the same questions...and keep answering the same questions over and over again.

Waiting off in the wings...more questions repeated about the pay scale/steps, flying armed...24/7 off-duty carry, port transfers, FLETC food, tattoos, law enforcement officer status, et al.
            I bet you could find each of those topics on this forum discussed 40 different times.
            You don’t have to search very far to find them. I would say each topic comes up every three to four weeks. Every once in a while I do read something new, but it’s rare.
            Again, the worst part is I keep logging in and reading, and at times responding.
            Been in the hiring process 3 years, in TSU for almost 8 months. I think many of us on here have cracked. Who comes to a forum everyday to read and talk about the same stuff over and over and over again? Answer, I do. Why? Because I am an idiot.
            My wife and family keep telling me to forget about this job and life will be a lot easier. Then one day the call will come, but I would not have been stressing about it from now until then.
            Good advice, the challenge is following it.

Comment

• So How Long Do You Have To Be In TSU to get your EOB? I've seen that in variation a couple of hundred times.

Real Question: What is OFO? What is the mission?
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                Does anyone know what happens if you have had some hiccups in your credit when they redo it? Do they allow you to explain like they would during the original process?
                If the issue/issues is/are significant enough to warrant some sort of response from CBP ( NOPA, etc.), you will have the opportunity to bring forth information as to why the issue/issues has/have arose since your last credit check was done, and what you are doing to correct it/them.
                sigpicTwo is one,
                one is none.

Comment

• Anthony30

I went in to TSU for Washington Northern Border 7/23/09.

My question is, once you enter TSU are you hired based on the day that you entered TSU or is it still based on your test score??

Washington Northern Border-TSU: 6/11/09 -KHUE
                  WA/Nother-tsu-6/12/09-jdlewis
                  WA/Northern Washington -TSU 8/15/09- Hieroglyph83
                  WA Northern Borders 8/28/09-SR20
                  WA Northern Border- Tsu-9-3-09-AXESWILGER
                  WA-Northern Border-TSU 8/18/09-2g2gn
                  WA-Northern Border-TSU 9/18/09-hurlyburly5

Comment

• Running outside compared to a treadmill

Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                    I'm from the furtherst county downstate, on the border of where the city melds back into the bumblefark.

I run at 7 pm. It's pitch black, my track has no lights whatsoever. Maybe I meant more emotionally cold than physically

I stopped running 2 weeks ago because it was cold, then I wasn't feeling well last week. Planet fitness is $10 a month with no sign up minimum which is insane, so I just started that.
                    I run both on a treadmill and outside. The fastest I have ran a mile on the treadmill is in 7 min 48 secs, however on a highschool track two days later I ran a mile in 6 min 57 secs. In my experience I have found that treadmills are slower.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorBait09 View Post
                      Anthony30

I went in to TSU for Washington Northern Border 7/23/09.

My question is, once you enter TSU are you hired based on the day that you entered TSU or is it still based on your test score??

Washington Northern Border-TSU: 6/11/09 -KHUE
                      WA/Nother-tsu-6/12/09-jdlewis
                      WA/Northern Washington -TSU 8/15/09- Hieroglyph83
                      WA Northern Borders 8/28/09-SR20
                      WA Northern Border- Tsu-9-3-09-AXESWILGER
                      WA-Northern Border-TSU 8/18/09-2g2gn
                      WA-Northern Border-TSU 9/18/09-hurlyburly5
                      its based on when you enter TSU. Test scores have no beaing on hireing after you receive a TO. ill add you to the list now
                      Last edited by anthony30; 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM.
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorBait09 View Post
                        I run both on a treadmill and outside. The fastest I have ran a mile on the treadmill is in 7 min 48 secs, however on a highschool track two days later I ran a mile in 6 min 57 secs. In my experience I have found that treadmills are slower.
                        The problem is that you are running on a high school track. Its easier and shorter than a college track. Try running on a college track and see what time you get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                          The problem is that you are running on a high school track. Its easier and shorter than a college track. Try running on a college track and see what time you get.
                          H.S. / College Track irrelevant. 1/4 mile track equals 440 yards.
                          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                            Few things give FIs more gray hair than applicants who come to FLETC with established shooting habits, only to have to re-teach them the "FLETC way" of shooting. Many times this involves applicants with prior military experience who, undoubtedly, have enough firearms training under their belts, yet give the FIs at Glynco (and Artesia) fits and starts in terms of having to get them away from "military-style" shooting, and teach them to shoot "FLETC-style."
                            This is exactly what I was told by a friend who has been with CBP only about 2 years. He had never shot a gun in his life. He decided to go down to FLETC that way and just try his best. The instructors were happy that he had never shot a gun before....and he ended up winning a few awards for marksmanship...beating out many others in his class with past experience as hunters or military personnel.

Comment

• Well I tend to agree alittle more with "TWOISONE" granted what do we know right!!!. I mean if you won some shooting competions and some awards in an academy you must be the bomb......lol. I will go out and say that I am an Expert and an Instrutor to those uncapable of zeroing and qulifying. My weapons of current use while in country is the M-4 (5.56) AKA (223) and the M-9 (9mm). Also weapons of my last trade while as a Light Infantryman, 187th INF REG 3rd Brigade Combat Team, was the M-249 (SAW) Machine Gun, 240-B (7.62) Machine Gun M-67 Fragmentation Grenade, Flash Bang, 870 12Gauge,(Breach) All in shoot houses, live ammo real people real C-4,,,ok,,ok, ill stop I know I feel so much better now......anyway do what you think is right...take care

SGT. K
                              "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Last night I was exploring the wonderful world of CBP on Google maps. Anybody ever look at the Otay Mesa POE on Google Maps? Pretty interesting if you want a look at a SB POE. Starts on the Mexico side of the border. I am assuming it passes Secondary on the right as you scroll forward.

Otay Mesa
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8145 users online. 213 members and 7932 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X