300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
    Hey guys hows it going? Well a little info... Found out this morning someone got called for JFK last week, I'm trying to find out when that person got on TSU so I'll keep everyone informed as much as i could. So hopefully that means that TEXAS and ARIZONA comment (which I also heard) will stop....

Thats good news.. But I Just called TSU today and they said they havent hired anyone for JFK for awhile.. All this back on a forth stuff is killing me.. I guess it depends on who you talk too.

I did get some good info though.
    Fitness expires in 1 year
    Medical expires in 1 year also but you dont have to do the whole thing.. just fill out some paper work.
    Credit check aslo a year.
    TSU 5/5/09
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TO - 01/29/09
    TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
    Expired 6/10/11
    Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• "How about those Dolphins"....

As for weapons, most of the time people hold the firearm weak wristed and there rounds never impact in the same place, also the firearm will jam and you'll be going, man... somthings wrong with this thing....lol..Dont be a sissy....JK, but seriously, dont be a sissy..... Do as what was posted prior, if you dont shoot already dont start!! let them teach you.

SGT. K
      "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
        Wow thanks!! I was thinking that I needed to get some practice from a recoil standpoint but I guess I wont worry about it. Damn, now I dont have an excuse to go shoot. I have a little .380 Bersa but can't find bullets for it so I wanted to shoot something to get it out of my system and practice. Man I sound like a tomboy.
        I disagree with some of the other posters to a point. If you have never shot a pistol before I suggest going out and shooting a few rounds (less than 50). That is not enough to develop any habits, but is it enough for you to realize the pistol isn't going to hurt you. I'd suggest a .40 but if that isn't available try something close.

I had many years shooting before I went to FLETC, but had issues with the P2000 when I first started. It has a longer trigger pull than I'm used to, has a weird "stop" just before it goes off, and fits in my hand weird. The instructors down there are outstanding. They were able to identify an issue I had developed and help me correct it. I had asked pretty much all of my previous instructors what I was doing incorrectly all they could say is aim at a different point. I had a young lady shooting next to me who was afraid of the pistol and kept flinching when she would shoot, either that or she would close her eyes. Either way at the 3 yard line her shot pattern looked like a shotgun, but she still qualified by the end.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          I disagree with some of the other posters to a point. If you have never shot a pistol before I suggest going out and shooting a few rounds (less than 50). That is not enough to develop any habits, but is it enough for you to realize the pistol isn't going to hurt you. I'd suggest a .40 but if that isn't available try something close.

It is illegal in some states, mine for example. I went to a range with a NYPD cop and was turned away.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            It is illegal in some states, mine for example. I went to a range with a NYPD cop and was turned away.
            That is why you should come down south. If there is no danger of hitting anything and it's outside the city limits, it's a shooting range!
            CBPO East Texas
            TO: 3/3/09
            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
            TSU: 8/27/09
            FCRA: 05/19/10
            BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

I too tend to disagree with this sentiment. If cajunchick has shot her entire life, or even for a number of years, what is 6 months to a year of abstaining going to accomplish? If she has bad habits, the instructors are going to help her overcome them. She isn't going to turn into some dangerous freak at the range because she practiced a few times, nor will she shed her bad habits by keeping the pistols in the closet. I guess I've never understood the attitude toward us "amatures." I've never had any formal training, but I have managed to win a few pistol shooting competitions. I would never presume to call myself an expert, but when ever I've asked questions along these lines in this type of setting, I've always been treated like a 6 year old that picked up Daddy's Sig.

TuffStuff, what is illegal in your state? Is it possible you were turned away because it was a LE range?
              Last edited by DirtStyx; 11-20-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                That is why you should come down south. If there is no danger of hitting anything and it's outside the city limits, it's a shooting range!
                Haha, so true!!!

Thanks for all the imput everyone!! I am very confused now!!
                I just found some hollow points this morning for my 380 so I guess I'll stick to shooting that this weekend. Thats the only gun I've probably developed a habit with as far as form because its the one I shoot often. I was worried about the rifle for the recoil mainly. I can shoot one but my aim is off from the kick. I guess I'll just let Fletc teach me the tricks. Thats what the gov is paying them for, right??

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                  Haha, so true!!!

Thanks for all the imput everyone!! I am very confused now!!
                  I just found some hollow points this morning for my 380 so I guess I'll stick to shooting that this weekend. Thats the only gun I've probably developed a habit with as far as form because its the one I shoot often. I was worried about the rifle for the recoil mainly. I can shoot one but my aim is off from the kick. I guess I'll just let Fletc teach me the tricks. Thats what the gov is paying them for, right??
                  I don't know what their using down there, but if it is an M-4 it is a .223. I am assuming it is the same design as the military issued rifles of the same designator. If that is the case there is a recoil spring that will take some of the slight recoil. It's not like your shooting a 30-06 or 7 mm. The recoil of the military rifles is so low you can hit a target with all three rounds when shot on burst.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

I don't know what their using down there, but if it is an M-4 it is a .223. I am assuming it is the same design as the military issued rifles of the same designator. If that is the case there is a recoil spring that will take some of the slight recoil. It's not like your shooting a 30-06 or 7 mm. The recoil of the military rifles is so low you can hit a target with all three rounds when shot on burst.
                    good that makes me feel better. I did shoot an ak47 and did fine with it so I'm sure I'll be fine with the m4 then. I just didn't want to get up there and look like a prissy girl shooting and you guys making fun of me ( of course to my face)!!

Comment

I had many years shooting before I went to FLETC, but had issues with the P2000 when I first started. It has a longer trigger pull than I'm used to, has a weird "stop" just before it goes off, and fits in my hand weird. The instructors down there are outstanding. They were able to identify an issue I had developed and help me correct it. I had asked pretty much all of my previous instructors what I was doing incorrectly all they could say is aim at a different point. I had a young lady shooting next to me who was afraid of the pistol and kept flinching when she would shoot, either that or she would close her eyes. Either way at the 3 yard line her shot pattern looked like a shotgun, but she still qualified by the end.
                      Should she go and shoot to understand that the business end makes a loud noise? Absolutely, but something tells me she already knows this. My post was in reference to applicants who want to regularly go to a pistol range, in an effort to somehow "get ahead" of the pack in terms of firearms proficiency. This should be avoided, since this is when applicants pick up those bad habits that will in the end hurt them, more than help them. Few things give FIs more gray hair than applicants who come to FLETC with established shooting habits, only to have to re-teach them the "FLETC way" of shooting. Many times this involves applicants with prior military experience who, undoubtedly, have enough firearms training under their belts, yet give the FIs at Glynco (and Artesia) fits and starts in terms of having to get them away from "military-style" shooting, and teach them to shoot "FLETC-style."
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

Comment

Yes, CBPO trainees will be using both the M4 rifle and Remington 870 during their time at FLETC. However, this training is geared more towards "familiarization" than being proficient.
                        sigpicTwo is one,
                        one is none.

Comment

• I was for sure the next topic of conversation was going to be about pizza, but we are back to weapons, shooting, and M-4 training.
                          Okay, CBP adding a driving course, we got to be close to discussing that again.
                          We keep having the same coversations over and over and I keep logging in and reading them! I don't know what's worse.
                          Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Please, we need someone to get a call!
                          Last edited by UofU76; 11-20-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            I was for sure the next topic of conversation was going to be about pizza, but we are back to weapons, shooting, and M-4 training.
                            Okay, CBP adding a driving course, we got to be close to discussing that again.
                            We keep having the same coversations over and over and I keep logging in and reading them! I don't know what's worse.
                            Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Please, we need someone to get a call!
                            you crack me up!
                            CBPO
                            Test: July 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            VBT 1/21/09-passed
                            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                            BI - Cleared
                            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

speaking of weapons used..

I'm kinda surprised that CBP is using the HK. A buddy of mine whos a cop at a town near me says all their SWAT guys unanimously agreed on the S&W M&P .40 for their uses and when all the manufacturers stopped by to do demos recently, the S&W shot off 10000 rounds without its spring breaking and the HK's crapped out after 300 or so (the other guys in his dept currently use a Glock .45). I haven't shot either, but the S&W's trigger is effortless to squeeze and is light as a feather (held it at the gun show), and from what I heard it has virtually no recoil. The .40 holds also holds 15 rounds (1 up top, 14 in the mag) if memory serves.

No offense to zee German inginee-ring but maybe by the time we all get in, CBP will see the light and switch to the S&W.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                                speaking of weapons used..

I'm kinda surprised that CBP is using the HK. A buddy of mine whos a cop at a town near me says each of their SWAT guys unanimously agreed on the S&W M&P .40 for their uses and when all the manufacturers stopped by to do demos recently, the S&W shot off 10000 rounds without its spring breaking and the HK's crapped out after 300 or so (the other guys in his dept currently use a Glock .45). I haven't shot either, but the S&W's trigger is effortless to squeeze and is light as a feather (held it at the gun show), and from what I heard it has virtually no recoil. The .40 also holds 15 rounds (1 up top, 14 in the mag) if memory serves. The S&W also has interchangeable hand grips, is ambidextrous, etc, etc.

No offense to zee German inginee-ring but maybe by the time we all get in, CBP will see the light and switch to the S&W.
                                Last edited by sandwichman; 11-20-2009, 01:34 PM.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12223 users online. 409 members and 11814 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X