300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rafa View Post
    Good morning guys. I spoke yesterday with one of my friends currently at FLETC who stated the following: " there is 2 more classes for this year. Next year they only going to have 25 classes with 25 students per class and instead of 16 weeks the academy is going to be 22 weeks. Reason for this is that they are adding a driving course and due to a lot of people failing because of back to back exams".
    I have also read on another forum that shotgun, M4 and taser training are being added. 22 weeks, plus spanish, the wife is gonna love me being gone for that long!

25 classes x 25 trainees per class = 625 of us hired.

This article says that 5,000 additional officers are needed:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111207604.html

Comment

• Anyone Get This Before????

Mr. ,

Management would like to know when you will be returning from tour of
      duty, because they would like schedule another interview with you.

Ms.

Has anyone ever got a call or email like this. It's way better then being found unsuitable, just want to know. It hasnt been 2yrs since the first one.

Thanks...
      "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafa View Post
        Good morning guys. I spoke yesterday with one of my friends currently at FLETC who stated the following: " there is 2 more classes for this year. Next year they only going to have 25 classes with 25 students per class and instead of 16 weeks the academy is going to be 22 weeks. Reason for this is that they are adding a driving course and due to a lot of people failing because of back to back exams".
        Thanks for the congrats from everyone!! I feel loved!!

I thought occording to the previous posts that the 22 week course started October 1st....???? I paid close attention to those posts considering I'm married, a mother of 2 and will have to leave them for that long period of time. I guess it doesnt matter much considering I wont get an EOD before January. It will be changed already regardless Oct 09 or Jan 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
          Mr. ,

Management would like to know when you will be returning from tour of
          duty, because they would like schedule another interview with you.

Ms.

Has anyone ever got a call or email like this. It's way better then being found unsuitable, just want to know. It hasnt been 2yrs since the first one.

Thanks...
          They probably want to make sure you havent gone coo-coo being over there!!! Just a check-up. Some guys have a hard time adjusting when they get back. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. If I am right, you will be fine. Piece of cake!!! BTW... when do you get back??

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
            They probably want to make sure you havent gone coo-coo being over there!!! Just a check-up. Some guys have a hard time adjusting when they get back. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. If I am right, you will be fine. Piece of cake!!! BTW... when do you get back??

I hope your right, I dont know why else, i talked to the adjudicator and she couldnt tell me any more she said they were real vage and only the stuff I put here. Hope it works out for me with them..

I still dont know when ill be home... The Federal Reserve wants me for Police Officer and to phone interview me but need to know when ill be home because they want to fill the spots.
            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• i've hit the one year mark in TSU.....jeeessuusss

Comment

• I need this call SOON. Otherwise going to Chicago PD Dec. 16th.
                You might be on your own BillyHoyle after that for Illinois.
                Last edited by blk98gt; 11-17-2009, 07:39 PM.
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• This truly sucks. I think my boss might be getting fired. And if he gets fired, I don't have a job. This will be the second company I've worked for in the past 2 years that has become insolvent.

I don't expect CBP to call me within the next 2 years, so I'm back to square 1
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                    I have also read on another forum that shotgun, M4 and taser training are being added.
                    Sign me up!
                    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• I guess no calls have gone out lately
                      I sure hope they'll start calling in Jan as I'm starting to lose hope on this job. It's sad.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/18/08
                      NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                      TO: 09/23/08
                      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                      Medical: Completed 12/08
                      Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                      Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                      VBT: Completed 11/08
                      BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                      Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                      3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        This truly sucks. I think my boss might be getting fired. And if he gets fired, I don't have a job. This will be the second company I've worked for in the past 2 years that has become insolvent.

I don't expect CBP to call me within the next 2 years, so I'm back to square 1
                        Sorry to hear that. It's always darkest before the dawn... Hang in there.

Comment

• Here I Sit, Broken Hearted...

I guess I'll keep following through with other options. Florida Dept. of Corrections. "Yikes".
                          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• I called TSU yesterday to ask about hiring. It had been months since I last called. The lady said "we continue to fill classes for the Southern border but nothing has become available in your geo location.” (SF/OAK) I asked if she could tell if anything was coming up in the near future and she said “we have not received any requests for your geo location for a long time and I really don’t see anything coming, I’m sorry” I then asked about the rest of the country and she repeated herself, “just the southern border”
                            She was very nice, kept on saying how sorry she was.
                            2009 is toast, 2010 looks like it’s going to be Southern border, and I am on the verge of giving up on CBP.

Comment

• I need to chime in here. Why are y'all set on CBP when it's taking so long to get hired or not get a call ever? There are plently of other LE Agencies out there. I just hate to see andhear people wasting 2 years for a call.

Some advice when applying for LE jobs. Apply everywhere!
                              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• The only advice for the majority of us that is sound is to watch the TSU list that Anthony created. As soon as the guy with the date right ahead of you gets called, start packing your bags. Until then, we are going nowhere.
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU

EOD: ???
                                FLETC: ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17362 users online. 501 members and 16861 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X