Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick question. I know this has been discussed numerous times on this forum. If one were to decide to change geographic locations during an upcoming vacancy announcement for CBPO, would they be given the new location with their original TSU date or the date of the change? Just contemplating my options since I have so much time to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
      Just a quick question. I know this has been discussed numerous times on this forum. If one were to decide to change geographic locations during an upcoming vacancy announcement for CBPO, would they be given the new location with their original TSU date or the date of the change? Just contemplating my options since I have so much time to wait.
      From an email I got 30 days after TSU.

"Q. Since there are no vacancies in my geographic location, can I be offered another location?
      A. Unfortunately we are not able to offer you a location outside of your selected geographic location. In order to be considered for another location, you will need to reapply when the next vacancy announcement is open on USA Jobs. Please be advised that if you reapply and are selected for a new location, your current file will automatically be closed. You can only be selected for one geographic location at a time for this position."

Looks like if you reapply to a new vacancy, you have to start the whole process over. You could always call and ask. I just had a friend waiting over a year for ICE. He called to see if he could change his location, and was given an EOD within 1 week. So it's worth a shot.
      Geo Pref - Boston
      Written - 7/25/2008
      TO - 3/6/2009
      Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
      Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
      VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
      Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
      Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
      BI - 5/13/2009
      TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
        haha!! You are so true, but I was hoping to be in TSU for November and EOD in December!! There is still hope for me!!
        Don't abandon hope. TSU in December and EOD in January. It's only a month and a half away.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
          Looks like if you reapply to a new vacancy, you have to start the whole process over. You could always call and ask. I just had a friend waiting over a year for ICE. He called to see if he could change his location, and was given an EOD within 1 week. So it's worth a shot.
          How it was explained to me, is if you reapply under a new announcement and receive a TO, your old application will be closed, but all of the completed items will transfer. If you change locations for the same announcement you applied for initially, your TO is canceled and your file closed, until they send out more TO's for your new location. If you receive a TO for the new location any items that are still valid will transfer.

You can chase the open slots all you want, but even the small ports get people sometimes. If you change ports you could make your wait longer. A couple years ago, if you wanted to get on quickly you put down JFK, SFO, or the southwest. Not any longer. Either way it is a gamble. My advice is put down where you want to go and hope for the best. When hiring starts going full tilt again then change locations if you just want a job, but don't complain if you are selected for an area you can't stand.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Jan 6th class sure does sound good to me! Man that would be the best case scenerio! Don't give up hope the calls will be coming soon!!!
            CBPO
            Test: July 2008
            TO: 12/26/08
            VBT 1/21/09-passed
            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
            BI - Cleared
            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• I am still waiting for Buffalo, NY to start hiring. Any info on buffalo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                Don't retire the link. I periodically check CASS to make sure I wasn't booted out of the system. It gives me hope!
                I second that. If you get kicked out of TSU to re test it shows up on CASS first. I had all green checks and I was in TSU for 5 months, my fitness and medical expired and I found out through CASS. I re tested and I am back in CASS. Back to green checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                  Someone on the Delphi Forums stated that there is a class starting on Jan. 6, 2010. You could get the Call this week to start on Nov. 30 or Dec. 7 and go to FLETC for the Jan. 6 class. It sounds like 48 or 50 people will get that call. Whether they post on this website or not, who knows? But the hiring slowly continues, allegedly. Best of luck to you.
                  That would be perfect, I am thinking more of Spring 2010. Even though I have been in TSU for almost 8 months I have 5 or 6 people in front of me in the TSU line for SF/OAK.

Comment

• How long are each of the pre employment requirements good for?

Comment

• just had someone start pre-academy last week for san ysidro. but, it's only one person which is weird because there is usually at least a few. but just giving you guys a heads up because she told me that she starts academy in a month. i don't keep up with the cbp thread anymore so if u guys have questions, you will have to private message me.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                        I am still waiting for Buffalo, NY to start hiring. Any info on buffalo?
                        I wish there was any info on Buffalo other than how terrible the Bills are! A have a friend who's parents work for the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission. They know a lot of CBP Officers and are going to ask around for any shed of hiring news... I'll keep you posted.

200+ days in TSU now... Lucky me!
                        CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
                        T.O. - Dec 2008
                        TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
                        Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
                        Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
                        TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
                        Applied - June 2010
                        Exam - Aug 2010
                        Physical - Aug 2010
                        Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                          just had someone start pre-academy last week for san ysidro. but, it's only one person which is weird because there is usually at least a few. but just giving you guys a heads up because she told me that she starts academy in a month. i don't keep up with the cbp thread anymore so if u guys have questions, you will have to private message me.
                          I noticed you graduated from FLETC in August and applied to ATF two months later. Already trying to get out of CBP? Please don't tell me it's that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            I noticed you graduated from FLETC in August and applied to ATF two months later. Already trying to get out of CBP? Please don't tell me it's that bad.
                            I think 1811 is everyone shooting for ultimately. CBP is a career jump start for everybody. As you can see, I am in the process with two other agencies.

Comment

• I'm in TSU 11/16/09!!!

Comment

• wlecome Cajunchik..welcome!!!!!!!!!!.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7820 users online. 182 members and 7638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X