300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
    Just got a call a little while ago from someone at the State Department to schedule me for the written test for the DIPLOMATIC SECURITY SPECIAL AGENT gig. One more avenue of employment is now open..
    Holy crap. Dream job.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

I was wondering what's going on myself. All of a sudden the forum got quiet.

I'm surprised nobody picked San Ysidro on here as a port. With 10-12 lanes I'd imagine it would be looking for new blood.

Here's an example of the action you'd see:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...11092009_8.xml

Oh, and if any of you remember Homeland Security USA, San Ysidro was on quiet a few of the episodes.
      Actually we have 24 lanes and most of the time it is a zoo.

Comment

Just got a call a little while ago from someone at the State Department to schedule me for the written test for the DIPLOMATIC SECURITY SPECIAL AGENT gig. One more avenue of employment is now open..
        We have 3 DSS guys in our office, they pretty much like it, although like all jobs, it has it's moments. They are required to go overseas a few times.

Comment

• Interview with ICE this coming Monday. I'm stoked about it. The email said it was with a panel of 3, so I am guessing it is similar to a BP interview. Any CBP applicants here interview with ICE too? How did it go?
          Geo Area: SFO/OAK
          Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
          NOR: 09/2008
          TO: 09/25/08
          Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
          Drug Test: 11/2008
          Oral Board: 12/03/08
          BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
          Qualifications: 03/17/09
          Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
          Geo Area: San Francisco County
          Written:05/26/09
          T.O.:08/28/09
          Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
          Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
          Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
            Wow, great link, doesn't work.

invalid link, my bad. I'm guessing it only works locally.

Just a short clipping from this morning's paper.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2069/cbp1l.jpg

Take it as you please.
            "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
            TEST - 03/02/09
            NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
            TO - 04/06/09
            FORMS - 04/21/09
            MED/FIT - 04/29/09
            DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
            QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
            VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
            BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
            TSU - 08/14/09
            The "Call" - 01/14/11
            EOD - 02/07/11
            FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
            TEST - 12/13/10
            NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
              Wow, great link, doesn't work.

As Merlin stated, even with the pay grade increase, there will still be plenty of CBPO's and BPA exiting to come over to ICE. ICE is growing rapidly.
              I can actually confirm that. I spoke to a local CBP officer yesterday and he said that there are several officers here leaving for ICE.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                I can actually confirm that. I spoke to a local CBP officer yesterday and he said that there are several officers here leaving for ICE.
                People will always be moving around. We'll see a bunch of former CBPOs and BPAs jumping from ICE/DRO back into CBP as well.

A lot will follow the cash currently within CBP. Many will chase the idea of a
                9-5 workweek with weekends off with ICE. For some, the grass will always be greener in somebody else's pasture. They'll end up wherever.

Comment

• In the past few years I have seen several ex-BPA's go back to the Patrol. However I have also seen ex-local LE leave ICE and CBP to go back to local LE. It's nothing to see ones jump from federal agency to agency throughout their career. Although I have yet to hear of any leaving ICE to go back to CBP, with the new upgrade.
                  "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    People will always be moving around. We'll see a bunch of former CBPOs and BPAs jumping from ICE/DRO back into CBP as well.

A lot will follow the cash currently within CBP. Many will chase the idea of a
                    9-5 workweek with weekends off with ICE. For some, the grass will always be greener in somebody else's pasture. They'll end up wherever.
                    And then there are those who will wait for the 12 pay, and jump ship with pay retention...
                    CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
                      And then there are those who will wait for the 12 pay, and jump ship with pay retention...
                      True.

Anyway...that's all in the not so near future. CBPOs/BPAs won't be getting GS-12's until sometime during the first quarter of 2010 and as far as I know, there are no open announcements for CBPO/BPA/IEA positions. With very few exceptions, nobody will be moving anywhere unless and until hiring announcements open up.

Comment

• As the sun sets in the West, another day passes. The lonely cry of a coyote and the white noise of the crickets bring on the night. Do the good people on the northern prairie at Fort Snelling even remember me?
                        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Things are somewhat quiet around here the past few days. I take it I am not the only one with some CBP induced depression.
                          Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 11-14-2009, 05:17 PM.
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                            Things are somewhat quiet around here the past few days. I take it I am not the only one with some CBP induced depression.
                            bah humbug
                            You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• A week and a half with all green checks and STILL not in TSU!! Can I crack a joke or get this forum in a better mood?? I don't want to step on toes but we need some good news or some entertainment!!

Comment

• I see my entertainment is no good. Taking it back.
                                Last edited by blk98gt; 11-14-2009, 11:25 PM.
                                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5036 users online. 235 members and 4801 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X