Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering what's going on myself. All of a sudden the forum got quiet.

I'm surprised nobody picked San Ysidro on here as a port. With 10-12 lanes I'd imagine it would be looking for new blood.

Here's an example of the action you'd see:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...11092009_8.xml

Oh, and if any of you remember Homeland Security USA, San Ysidro was on quiet a few of the episodes.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
      I was wondering what's going on myself. All of a sudden the forum got quiet.

I'm surprised nobody picked San Ysidro on here as a port. With 10-12 lanes I'd imagine it would be looking for new blood.

Oh, and if any of you remember Homeland Security USA, San Ysidro was on quiet a few of the episodes.
      Skid Row has 24 northbound lanes and is due for expansion. See Link.

http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/con...ontentId=16106

FB

Comment

• asdf

Originally posted by sandwichman View Post

Trust me, there a quite a few of us on here waiting for San Ysidro, including myself. I applied for the February announcement when the SW and Northern borders were a critical need. My guess is the government needed more people in TSU at that very moment since the turnover rate there is so high. But alas, just like the rest of the country, even Skid Row's hiring has stopped and from the looks of it, only AZ and TX have gotten the calls recently. But then again, anyone crazy enough to pick SY has probably already gone off the rocker a long time ago so you won't see any postings from them on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post

There are three of us on Anthony's list for CA - SW Border Locations, which includes San Ysidro. Plus Thoughtless is in TSU for SD, but is waiting for a TO for SFO/OAK. ValD has been in TSU since 4/29/09. San Ysidro is backed up just like the rest of the US outside of TX/AZ. I told my wife that once I hit TSU it would be merely hours or days before I got the call... Today is day 104 in TSU. Insert foot in mouth.

I imagine that the rumor of GS-12 kept a lot of people from leaving, and now that they got GS-12 they will stick around for their high-3. When I tested for ICE IEA, I imagine that half of the room was CBPO's (they all knew each other and were joking about there being no one working at the Port). I doubt any of those folks would leave a GS-12 CBPO position for a GL-9 IEA position, but who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
            It's a Wed and nobody has posted anything since 8 this morning!

Come on guys! Tell some lies or something. I know I'm going crazy waiting to hear some good news.
            Honestly, there is nothing left to talk about. No calls have sucked the life out of most of us. The days I don’t check this forum are better than the days I do. That was not always true, but again, no calls have taken its toll.
            I expect this forum to be dead by Thanksgiving. Between no calls, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years, etc... No one will have the time or patience in log in.
            The forum could pick up anytime if calls go out, but I expect a huge slow down between now and sometime after January.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              Honestly, there is nothing left to talk about. No calls have sucked the life out of most of us. The days I don’t check this forum are better than the days I do. That was not always true, but again, no calls have taken its toll.
              I expect this forum to be dead by Thanksgiving. Between no calls, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years, etc... No one will have the time or patience in log in.
              The forum could pick up anytime if calls go out, but I expect a huge slow down between now and sometime after January.
              On the flip side i expect lots of calls to start coming our way. I say this because the calls are slow and i can only hope they start to pick up soon. Cant get any worse,can it? lol just keeping good spirits. have a good weekens all....
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                On the flip side i expect lots of calls to start coming our way. I say this because the calls are slow and i can only hope they start to pick up soon. Cant get any worse,can it? lol just keeping good spirits. have a good weekens all....

Famous last words. When we start hearing about layoffs of existing staff I think I'm going to become hysterical.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• Just remember, even during the great depression there were no customs laid off. Why would they layoff people that help to generate revenue through tarriffs and fees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                    When I tested for ICE IEA, I imagine that half of the room was CBPO's (they all knew each other and were joking about there being no one working at the Port). I doubt any of those folks would leave a GS-12 CBPO position for a GL-9 IEA position, but who knows?
                    Actually, I'll bet we'll see a fair number of GS-12 CBPO's going off to IEA as GL-GL-09/10 or GL-09/00 IEA's, going through the IEA academy and putting in some time as an IEA with their ultimate goal of landing a GS-12 DO position at some point in their future.

Comment

• < link removed. my bad, next post >

Just a glimmering shine of hope for anyone who's interested.
                      Last edited by koalica; 11-13-2009, 01:09 AM. Reason: intranet link...of course it's invalid.
                      "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                      TEST - 03/02/09
                      NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                      TO - 04/06/09
                      FORMS - 04/21/09
                      MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                      DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                      QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                      VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                      BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                      TSU - 08/14/09
                      The "Call" - 01/14/11
                      EOD - 02/07/11
                      FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                      TEST - 12/13/10
                      NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        Famous last words. When we start hearing about layoffs of existing staff I think I'm going to become hysterical.
                        It ain't gonna happen.

As Lad pointed out, CBP/OFO is one of the few agencies that brings in more money for the government than we consume. The chances of us seeing a RIF are virtually non-existent.

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
                          http://www.lmtonline.com/edition/edition/?haspdf=1

Just a glimmering shine of hope for anyone who's interested.
                          Wow, great link, doesn't work.

As Merlin stated, even with the pay grade increase, there will still be plenty of CBPO's and BPA exiting to come over to ICE. ICE is growing rapidly.
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            It ain't gonna happen.

As Lad pointed out, CBP/OFO is one of the few agencies that brings in more money for the government than we consume. The chances of us seeing a RIF are virtually non-existent.
                            Yea, I wouldn't count on it either, but it would be masochistically funny to those of us in TSU.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                              There are three of us on Anthony's list for CA - SW Border Locations, which includes San Ysidro. Plus Thoughtless is in TSU for SD, but is waiting for a TO for SFO/OAK. ValD has been in TSU since 4/29/09. San Ysidro is backed up just like the rest of the US outside of TX/AZ. I told my wife that once I hit TSU it would be merely hours or days before I got the call... Today is day 104 in TSU. Insert foot in mouth.
                              ..?
                              Aha, I see. It sounds like a good port to work at and get experience. Not sure why its being referred to as Skid Row though. I think time would go by faster if you're constantly on your toes and busy with work, then at a slower port somewhere in Alaska. I didn't choose Cali because of the high cost of living and state income taxes. My buddy is out there living in Oakland working in SF doing IT for a non-profit and after $90k his take home is something $45k or so (maybe a little more).
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009

Comment

• Just got a call a little while ago from someone at the State Department to schedule me for the written test for the DIPLOMATIC SECURITY SPECIAL AGENT gig. One more avenue of employment is now open..
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13501 users online. 241 members and 13260 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X