Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Past, Present and Future service members around the world. Thank you for your service and sacrifice, some gave all.

POW/MIA

"Dont you forget",,, Thank a VET!!!

SGT. K on Second Tour in Iraq
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• MP-K-9,

And Thank You. Your current service does not go without noticed. Please don't forget my fathers words " Keep Your Nose Clean, Head Down and Don't Volunteer for Anything" He survived WW2 and Korea.

Thek9 says wuff, wuff.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Thank You To All USAF-Past, Persent And Future!
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
          To the Past, Present and Future service members around the world. Thank you for your service and sacrifice, some gave all.

POW/MIA

"Dont you forget",,, Thank a VET!!!

SGT. K on Second Tour in Iraq

Thank you for giving me and my family a beautiful place to live!! God Bless you and everyone who is serving this great country. Stay safe!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustin L View Post
            No, actually i tested here at USM on the coast here in Long Beach, MS. I think there was only maybe 1 or 2 that tested with me for my geo pref. in Gulfport. I have sent the email inquiring about my application and all i get is the copy and paste email that everyone else gets...." no vacancies bla bla bla, unable to predict bla bla bla, slowed considerably....etc. ya know all the good stuff...... i was just curious if my score was good enough to even get a T.O. just wanted some hope ya know. i can wait..... get laid off in April though. So i will just keep my fingers crossed.........
            I cant imagine with only 2 people testing that they would pass you up. I'm feeling pretty lucky at the moment though. I had about 85 testing with me at UNO. There were only 5 women in the test so Im sure I was meeting some kind of CBP quota. The hiring has slowed down so maybe once they clear out a few people in TSU they will start processing you. Well good luck and have patience.

Comment

• Thanks Merlin. I understand my question was a bit basic, and I appreciate the direction of the site. Typically I would have searched for answers but when I am given a call asking me to move half across the country and given a 24 hour window to respond I really was just looking for a quick answer from someone who might know...

In any case I turned Montana down and am back in line for a position in the Detroit sector should one become available.

Thanks again and I'll be checking into that and other websites with any furthers questions and I'll try to keep everyone updated as I go along.

For the record if anyone is curious I got my letter stating I am in the scheduling office in mid August to give you some sort of idea as to what sort of time line you may be expecting.

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              The answers to pretty much everything to do with BP hiring can be found here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol/start

Search the site before asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                I feel pretty good about what this guy had to say. I like to think I am a pretty good judge of character and I can usually smell BS from a mile away. As my father says "you can't sh*t a sh*tter."

My friend who referred me to him for answers said has been with CBP/INS for nearly 20 years. I asked for total honesty and he had pretty sensible answers to all my questions. I dont think he had any real reason to be dishonest or sugarcoat.
                That attribute will serve you well if/when you get hired. As for your intel, it's no sweat off my back. I'm already on the job. I just know that there are lots of desperate people on this forum grasping at any straw they can find.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDMac View Post
                  That attribute will serve you well if/when you get hired. As for your intel, it's no sweat off my back. I'm already on the job. I just know that there are lots of desperate people on this forum grasping at any straw they can find.
                  And if you were not "already on the job", you would be one of us many desperate people grasping for straws, too. Looks like by your profile, you just missed the boat.

Comment

• Well said cajunchick.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                      And if you were not "already on the job", you would be one of us many desperate people grasping for straws, too. Looks like by your profile, you just missed the boat.
                      I was very blessed to get hired when I did. Right before the hiring slow down. I remember how easy it is to drive yourself crazy looking on here for any shred of information. Having seen how gossip/rumor can run amok (while at FLETC and at my port), I am simply cautioning readers to apply a healthy dose of skepticism to anything you see posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustin L View Post
                        No, actually i tested here at USM on the coast here in Long Beach, MS. I think there was only maybe 1 or 2 that tested with me for my geo pref. in Gulfport. I have sent the email inquiring about my application and all i get is the copy and paste email that everyone else gets...." no vacancies bla bla bla, unable to predict bla bla bla, slowed considerably....etc. ya know all the good stuff...... i was just curious if my score was good enough to even get a T.O. just wanted some hope ya know. i can wait..... get laid off in April though. So i will just keep my fingers crossed.........

I threw my name in for Gulfport also. One of the officers I have been speaking with told me they were short and expecting a few hires out of the last announcement. I saw on the Delphi forum where a guy got his EOD about a month after the announcement, so that may have filled their need. I have not heard anything on it either, but I don't think they have issued any TOs since the last testing date.
                        Last edited by USMC0844; 11-10-2009, 11:39 PM.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                          I threw my name in for Gulfport also. One of the officers I have been speaking with told me they were short and expecting a few hires out of the last announcement. I saw on the Delphi forum where a guy got his EOD about a month after the announcement, so that may have filled their need. I have not heard anything on it either, but I don't think they have issued any TOs since the last testing date.
                          Thanks for the heads up. I don't think there are many of us in the pool for Gulfport. I have a friend that is a Fletc and he told me he had to wait almost a year before his T.O. He had a score of 92. I guess when my year is about to come due, i will send an email to extend my score. I, like many, just wish i had a crystal ball. Just some type of communication to know some kind of status.

Comment

• For the list East Texas TSU 4/10/2009
                            Geo Preference: East Texas
                            TSU: 4/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                              2008 Miami TEU's 828,300
                              Passengers 4,100,000

2007 Port Everglades TEU's 948,000
                              Passengers 3,409,000

A Port Everglades CBPO can work cargo in the AM, then work a flight at FLL in the PM. Port Everglades is expected to surpass the Port of Miami's passenger count I believe within the next five years. CBPO's are busy in Fort Lauderdale. I am under the impression Miami will encompass Port Everglades either in the next or has in the most recent announcement.

Port "E" is the Big Leagues.

T-

hmm, I'll be damned. I stand corrected. I just heard about the new ship Royal Caribbean is docking/launching out of there, that's x times bigger then the Titanic. I just never really see too many container ships coming/going, and every time I ride by on my bike and stop on the 17th ST Causeway Bridge, there are hardly any vessels there waiting to depart (then again, I usually ride to the beach on Sundays, maybe that's why).
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• It's a Wed and nobody has posted anything since 8 this morning!

Come on guys! Tell some lies or something. I know I'm going crazy waiting to hear some good news.
                                Written Test: 3/08
                                NOR: 4/08
                                TO: 4/08
                                Medical: 4/08
                                Fitness: 6/08
                                VBT: 6/08
                                Met with investigator: 10/08
                                Received NOPA: 11/08
                                Won appeal: 3/09
                                TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                                New fitness: 7/28/09
                                Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7726 users online. 175 members and 7551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X