Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tarmacevo View Post
    Just got my call. Given choice of Malta or Shelby Montana. Any suggestions folks? I have to call back tomorrow with my decision and I really am uninformed on both of these cities but will be doing some massive googleing for the next few hours.
    Congrats man! I'd say flip a coin and worry about relocating later.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
      Yeah, I probably should clarify a little bit. He explained that the amount of people in the TSU phase is propotional to the amount of classes they have scheduled. That is why they have not scheduled any new CBP tests in the near future. So, for our purposes, if you are in TSU then you don't have a whole lot to worry about. It is just a matter of time. I hope that explains it a little better.
      phew, that is good news

      It would be pretty funny if we all end up at FLETC at the same time.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
        Yeah, I probably should clarify a little bit. He explained that the amount of people in the TSU phase is propotional to the amount of classes they have scheduled. That is why they have not scheduled any new CBP tests in the near future. So, for our purposes, if you are in TSU then you don't have a whole lot to worry about. It is just a matter of time. I hope that explains it a little better.
        That makes sense. I believe April was the last testing that opened up in my area. According to this forum they usually have them around the October month but none here. I would know because my husband has been looking out for them for himself. If they havent loaded up on new potential candadates for TSU, that will be about half of what they hired last year. Meaning if they only had 1 testing this year instead of 2 for all the areas, then CBP only needs half the space at FLETC. Then it looks like they are not hiring but in fact, they are and its all of us waiting in TSU thats next in line to go. Gotcha!!! I believe I have a big smile on my face now!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          phew, that is good news

          It would be pretty funny if we all end up at FLETC at the same time.
          Yes it would be!!!

          BTW... I was in the French Quarter Friday and these guys that were from that panthers team were in town for the game. Anyway, they kept calling one of the guys sandwichman. I argued with him(of course I was kidding around) because I swore it was you!! How many people do you meet in your lifetime with that nickname, right?? Weird!!!

          Comment


          • still waiting......

            cajunchik: i tested ths same time as you, but for Gulfport, MS. I scored an 88 w /vet pref. I havent heard anything since my NOR. What did you score to get the ball rolling so fast?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
              I'm not trying to say you got bad info but my brother is an instructor at FLETC Artesia and he told me they (Border Patrol) cut the number of classes in 1/2 for next year and reduced the sizes of the remaining classes by 1/2. He also said that they are sending a bunch of instructors home.
              I think the increase in BP Agents is more of a long term plan type thing.
              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dustin L View Post
                cajunchik: i tested ths same time as you, but for Gulfport, MS. I scored an 88 w /vet pref. I havent heard anything since my NOR. What did you score to get the ball rolling so fast?
                I scored an 87 without any pref. What is your GEO, Gulfport, Ms?? That makes the difference because I'm New Orleans. Not to mention I'm female and there were not a whole lot of females that tested with me. Did you test in NOLA??


                Still not in TSU!!
                Last edited by cajunchik; 11-10-2009, 03:41 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                  I scored an 87 without any pref. What is your GEO, Gulfport, Ms?? That makes the difference because I'm New Orleans. Not to mention I'm female and there were not a whole lot of females that tested with me. Did you test in NOLA??


                  Still not in TSU!!
                  How can you not be in TSU if you cleared everything do you have all green checks?
                  CBPO
                  Test: July 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  VBT 1/21/09-passed
                  Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                  Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                  Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                  BI - Cleared
                  TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                  BI2 - cleared 8/11

                  ICE Special Agent
                  Test 7/22/09 passed

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                    How can you not be in TSU if you cleared everything do you have all green checks?
                    Yep!! I called them and they said it is getting reviewed to make sure everything is in my file to give to TSU. They emailed me a new form I had to sign Friday so I faxed it back to them the same day. I got an email yesterday saying they received it so now I'm just waiting and checking CASS allllll day!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                      How can you not be in TSU if you cleared everything do you have all green checks?
                      Having all green checkmarks does not necessarily mean that an applicant will automatically be sent to the TSU, especially with the downshifting in hiring practices that have occurred since late 2008/beginning of 2009. Now, CBP has re-instituted their pre-hiring practices from 2000 and before, where once an applicant has completed all of the pre-employment requirements, the applicant's file will be given a "once over," to ensure that everything is indeed completed and satisfied. This is a 180 degree shift in the most recent hiring practices, where applicants were hitting the TSU and subsequently receiving an EOD date in minutes. The reason? Now, there are 50-100 applicants for each available academy slot, whereas before there were 50-100 academy slots that needed to be filled and not enough applicants "in the pipe" to assign them to.
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                        Having all green checkmarks does not necessarily mean that an applicant will automatically be sent to the TSU, especially with the downshifting in hiring practices that have occurred since late 2008/beginning of 2009. Now, CBP has re-instituted their pre-hiring practices from 2000 and before, where once an applicant has completed all of the pre-employment requirements, the applicant's file will be given a "once over," to ensure that everything is indeed completed and satisfied. This is a 180 degree shift in the most recent hiring practices, where applicants were hitting the TSU and subsequently receiving an EOD date in minutes. The reason? Now, there are 50-100 applicants for each available academy slot, whereas before there were 50-100 academy slots that needed to be filled and not enough applicants "in the pipe" to assign them to.
                        Thank you for the perspective. However, FWIW, I would have preferred to receive my EOD date within minutes!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                          Having all green checkmarks does not necessarily mean that an applicant will automatically be sent to the TSU, especially with the downshifting in hiring practices that have occurred since late 2008/beginning of 2009. Now, CBP has re-instituted their pre-hiring practices from 2000 and before, where once an applicant has completed all of the pre-employment requirements, the applicant's file will be given a "once over," to ensure that everything is indeed completed and satisfied. This is a 180 degree shift in the most recent hiring practices, where applicants were hitting the TSU and subsequently receiving an EOD date in minutes. The reason? Now, there are 50-100 applicants for each available academy slot, whereas before there were 50-100 academy slots that needed to be filled and not enough applicants "in the pipe" to assign them to.
                          So what you're trying to say is that I'm the guinea pig for the new hiring process.... Grrrreeaattt!!

                          All kidding aside, they did tell me it would only take several days to get into TSU, but then I received that form friday so I guess that's going to hang my file up for a few extra days. Well at least I'm getting sent there regardless so what's a couple more days. I can wait and feel lucky that I made it this far!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                            That makes sense. I believe April was the last testing that opened up in my area. According to this forum they usually have them around the October month but none here. I would know because my husband has been looking out for them for himself. If they havent loaded up on new potential candadates for TSU, that will be about half of what they hired last year. Meaning if they only had 1 testing this year instead of 2 for all the areas, then CBP only needs half the space at FLETC. Then it looks like they are not hiring but in fact, they are and its all of us waiting in TSU thats next in line to go. Gotcha!!! I believe I have a big smile on my face now!!!
                            I have the link to the CBP Application bookmarked, and it still says that the last opening was April 6-April 19, 2009. That was the last announcement period.
                            -------------------------------------------
                            TSU - 9/29/09

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                              Ha, FTL/Everglades would be great, I could ride my bicycle to work every morning. I think you would have to pick "Florida other" to get the Everglades, and if I remember correctly its a pretty small port with not too much activity. The majority of the ships that come in/out are oil containers. Not much to inspect on those..

                              2008 Miami TEU's 828,300
                              Passengers 4,100,000

                              2007 Port Everglades TEU's 948,000
                              Passengers 3,409,000

                              A Port Everglades CBPO can work cargo in the AM, then work a flight at FLL in the PM. Port Everglades is expected to surpass the Port of Miami's passenger count I believe within the next five years. CBPO's are busy in Fort Lauderdale. I am under the impression Miami will encompass Port Everglades either in the next or has in the most recent announcement.

                              Port "E" is the Big Leagues.

                              T-
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                              Comment


                              • almost neighbors.....

                                Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                                I scored an 87 without any pref. What is your GEO, Gulfport, Ms?? That makes the difference because I'm New Orleans. Not to mention I'm female and there were not a whole lot of females that tested with me. Did you test in NOLA??


                                Still not in TSU!!
                                No, actually i tested here at USM on the coast here in Long Beach, MS. I think there was only maybe 1 or 2 that tested with me for my geo pref. in Gulfport. I have sent the email inquiring about my application and all i get is the copy and paste email that everyone else gets...." no vacancies bla bla bla, unable to predict bla bla bla, slowed considerably....etc. ya know all the good stuff...... i was just curious if my score was good enough to even get a T.O. just wanted some hope ya know. i can wait..... get laid off in April though. So i will just keep my fingers crossed.........

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10428 users online. 389 members and 10039 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X