300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
    Called TSU today to check status. Was told that my Geo hasn't requested yet this FY. Said something about a February timeline of ports making requests for personnel. I may have misunderstood this, but does anyone know if there is something significant about February?

my 2 cent's all the agency's will have there cash and know there manpower requests along with everyone returning from holiday leave...(The Big Wigs)..

SGT.K
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
      I have been hanging in there for 3 years, been in TSU 7 months. I am thinking about becoming a nay sayer, a convert to nay saying. Is it a formal process or can I just start nay saying?
      Your back up plan is not half bad, but I have a better one. Move out of Michigan! that state is sinking.
      That's my back up plan, I live in California and we are taking on more water than we can handle. It's almost time to jump ship.
      You just start naysaying. The problem is that it is a trial offer, subsequent dues need to be recieved in order for people to read thouse nay says. Checks in the amount of $30 can be made out to TuffStuff.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
        I have been hanging in there for 3 years, been in TSU 7 months. I am thinking about becoming a nay sayer, a convert to nay saying. Is it a formal process or can I just start nay saying?
        Your back up plan is not half bad, but I have a better one. Move out of Michigan! that state is sinking.
        That's my back up plan, I live in California and we are taking on more water than we can handle. It's almost time to jump ship.
        That's not a bad start at nay saying, but slightly broad. You want to be more specific with your nay saying. I also run classes that can teach you proper nay saying. It's a one time fee of $75 and that is to reserve your seat. Once you go through our lengthy and random process with several steps, you will be contacted by someone who may or may not inform you that you have been selected. Once that happens, you will sit for an indefinite period waiting for a seat in the class to open up. Once you graduate, then I refer you to TuffStuff for nay saying registration. Good luck. Currently there are no nay saying seats open for your area. We appreciate your continued interest in our classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
          That's not a bad start at nay saying, but slightly broad. You want to be more specific with your nay saying. I also run classes that can teach you proper nay saying. It's a one time fee of $75 and that is to reserve your seat. Once you go through our lengthy and random process with several steps, you will be contacted by someone who may or may not inform you that you have been selected. Once that happens, you will sit for an indefinite period waiting for a seat in the class to open up. Once you graduate, then I refer you to TuffStuff for nay saying registration. Good luck. Currently there are no nay saying seats open for your area. We appreciate your continued interest in our classes.
          That is hilarious. You gotta laugh at what this process is doing to some of us. That's just to keep from kicking the dog.
          Written Test: 3/08
          NOR: 4/08
          TO: 4/08
          Medical: 4/08
          Fitness: 6/08
          VBT: 6/08
          Met with investigator: 10/08
          Received NOPA: 11/08
          Won appeal: 3/09
          TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
          New fitness: 7/28/09
          Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
            congrats Cajunchik for making it to TSU now you can sit and wait with the rest of us!
            Thanks but I'm not in TSU just yet!! I talked to someone at MHC yesterday and my file was being reviewed before going to TSU. I then was sent an email yesterday saying I needed to fill a form out and fax it back ASAP. I was at a birthday lunch(no not mine) in the french quarter when the email came. Thank goodness I was eating at a hotel that had a business center ( and that I was only on my 2nd cocktail). I filled everything out and faxed it over right away, (they charged me $8 to fax it!!). Hopefully it clears and Im in TSU next week. The email said it was a new form different from the one I filled out originally and they needed the updated one in the file. Hopefully Ill be added to the list very soon, though!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              You just start naysaying. The problem is that it is a trial offer, subsequent dues need to be recieved in order for people to read thouse nay says. Checks in the amount of $30 can be made out to TuffStuff.
              Got it. Just start naysaying.

Here goes, CBP will never hire us. It's all a sick joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

• Are CBP officers being hired for illinois? I tested back in June (93%) and have not heard anthing since I received my NOR in late June.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                    Are CBP officers being hired for illinois? I tested back in June (93%) and have not heard anthing since I received my NOR in late June.
                    We tested in 2007 (??? I think) 2 of us here for Chicago. In TSU since April. Very slow hiring for this area.
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• I'm sorry, I cant help myself!!! Whooohoo!!! 8-0

I'll let you guys know if I make it into TSU tomorrow!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
                        my 2 cent's all the agency's will have there cash and know there manpower requests along with everyone returning from holiday leave...(The Big Wigs)..
                        I hope you're right.

I tested for IL back in 3/2007 - flubbed the VBI for that round 9/07. Had to re-apply after 1 year from the failed VBI - applied for AZ in 1/09 and IL in 4/09. Joined the clinically insane (TSU) 9/29/09... Location AZ.

I inquired about changing my location preference and was told that I had been selected for AZ, so no change was possible. That was about 2 weeks ago. No updates, calls, emails, letters, or anything. All I have is CASS saying TSU - 9/29/09.
                        -------------------------------------------
                        TSU - 9/29/09

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                          Are CBP officers being hired for illinois? I tested back in June (93%) and have not heard anthing since I received my NOR in late June.
                          Not sure on the offers going out, but as GT said, the two of us have been in the waiting pool since april with no movement. I imagine once they start clearing out those of us waiting in the pool the offers will start going out again for IL. All speculation of course.
                          Geo: Illinois
                          Test Score: 94
                          Quals: GS-7
                          T.O.: 8/7/2007
                          Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• TSU= What is this place........

Originally posted by gizzmotick View Post
                            I hope you're right.

I tested for IL back in 3/2007 - flubbed the VBI for that round 9/07. Had to re-apply after 1 year from the failed VBI - applied for AZ in 1/09 and IL in 4/09. Joined the clinically insane (TSU) 9/29/09... Location AZ.

I inquired about changing my location preference and was told that I had been selected for AZ, so no change was possible. That was about 2 weeks ago. No updates, calls, emails, letters, or anything. All I have is CASS saying TSU - 9/29/09.
                            At least your in TSU my friend...... I wish I had made it that far at this point. Took the test NOV 07, changed location within the same state in Oct 08, waiting on BI.

I mean, "Sanity" isint the word!!....lol. but I try to focus on training with my partner, K-9 York. He is so understanding of all this and tells me it will be ok...LOL

SGT. K

Comment

• Also, I maybe on to somthing here. As you may or may not know, the K-9 has a sence of smell up to 10 times greater than a human. I am thinking he knows more. When I ask him about the process he shows a change in behaivor as if he's on to somthing like when were working......Soooooo, I think that he knows what's going on at MHC from brain waves or somthing. I am gona keep on this and since were in the Holy Land (IRAQ) and the milky way is so clear, "we maybe on to a breakthrough"...Think of this headline!! Dog team can prdict the next step, MHC's secrets will be reveiled.......LMAO...had to sorry guys/gals.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                                Hello everyone. I just need to vent because I am so ****ed. I tried logging into cass today and it said that my SSN and Applicant ID was not in the database. So I called and they told me I failed my fitness retest. This was a shock to me because I did 40 something pushups, 30 something sit ups, 8 lift and lowers and passed the step test which was confirmed by the lady I talked to. I am a female by the way but anyway she said I failed one of the test from the 1st part of the fitness test. But this is the kicker, my retest was given in a different location than my first fitness test. The girl that administered my fitness test was asking me what to do. I found this odd because she should have known what she was supposed to do. I believe that I was her first cbp applicant where she had to administer the new cbp fitness test. Particularly the side step test, I feel was done wrongly. It didn't resemble at all what I saw on the video. I even told her the reasons that could have me fail this particular test. I told her that if I cross my feet I fail, if a turn my torso I fail, and I have to cross or touch each end of the lines. How she set everything up looked wrong to me. But I made sure I didn't do anything that would cause me to fail. Well anyway, the lady at mhc fitness told me that they are going to look at my results from my test to see what exactly did I fail and they will call me Monday. I know this is a error on that test adminster's part. I felt the test was really easy. Right now I am running a mile and a half at 13:05, my best time has been 12:50. Trying to get down to 12:00. I have been is TSU since 6/30/09 and with all that I have been through with this job, to let someone take that from me is not going to happen. I am confident it will be cleared up and I am cool with retesting but with a different administrator. Any advice anyone?
                                I don't have any advice other than don't give up and keep fighting and GOOD LUCK! That is really crappy, I think that happened with the side step test to someone else and they fought it and got passed so hopefully the same happens to you!
                                CBPO
                                Test: July 2008
                                TO: 12/26/08
                                VBT 1/21/09-passed
                                Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                                Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                                Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                                BI - Cleared
                                TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                                BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                                Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12412 users online. 458 members and 11954 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X