Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am here at FLETC now and it’s not bad. (I am with another agency) I see some CBP guys, but not very many. I have talked to a few and they said their training is relatively easy including the PT. I asked about hiring because I was curious and the rumor down here is that there are really cutting classes for 2010. Many instructors have left or are rumored to leave to go onto other jobs in CBP. My advice, don't wait around for this job and apply to other agencies!! If I learn anything new I will post it.
    I’ll check in every once in while.
    Take care!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
      I am here at FLETC now and it’s not bad. (I am with another agency) I see some CBP guys, but not very many. I have talked to a few and they said their training is relatively easy including the PT. I asked about hiring because I was curious and the rumor down here is that there are really cutting classes for 2010. Many instructors have left or are rumored to leave to go onto other jobs in CBP. My advice, don't wait around for this job and apply to other agencies!! If I learn anything new I will post it.
      Take care!
      That's outstanding. Happy weekend to you too.

Just what I need to hear: "apply to other agencies". I'm 38, there's no shot at another agency at the rate things are going.
      Written Test: 3/08
      NOR: 4/08
      TO: 4/08
      Medical: 4/08
      Fitness: 6/08
      VBT: 6/08
      Met with investigator: 10/08
      Received NOPA: 11/08
      Won appeal: 3/09
      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
      New fitness: 7/28/09
      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
        I am here at FLETC now and it’s not bad. (I am with another agency) I see some CBP guys, but not very many. I have talked to a few and they said their training is relatively easy including the PT. I asked about hiring because I was curious and the rumor down here is that there are really cutting classes for 2010. Many instructors have left or are rumored to leave to go onto other jobs in CBP. My advice, don't wait around for this job and apply to other agencies!! If I learn anything new I will post it.
        Take care!
        It literally feels like Customs is going out of business.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Called TSU today to check status. Was told that my Geo hasn't requested yet this FY. Said something about a February timeline of ports making requests for personnel. I may have misunderstood this, but does anyone know if there is something significant about February?

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
            Called TSU today to check status. Was told that my Geo hasn't requested yet this FY. Said something about a February timeline of ports making requests for personnel. I may have misunderstood this, but does anyone know if there is something significant about February?

Is your GEO Miami? I tested and passed dec, 9 2008 I got my NOR two weeks later and nothing else sense then no emp forms no medical, nothing nada is like they dropped from the map....
            BPA
            Tested - 09/27/2010
            GEO - California Sector
            N.O.R. - 09/30/2010 Passed (93%)
            TSL1 - 11/04/2010
            OB - 11/21/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              I agree. The nice thing about the Border Patrol process is that there are current and former Agents that have a good relationship with MHC. They are able to get information from MHC regarding hiring numbers, TSU wait times and class dates. They then share that information with applicants via HonorFirst.com. However, I suppose it is easier since the Border Patrol makes calls based on TSU dates and makes you an offer for wherever they need you. Customs has to hire eventually, it just might not be until 2010 or 2011. We won't know until we know!

Comment

• I dont think so, i spoke with a cbpo wich is my brother in law, he said they are super busy down here in miami doing a lot ot, they need people since a new terminal just opened so good news, i guess. but the big question WHEN?

Comment

• Hello everyone. I just need to vent because I am so ****ed. I tried logging into cass today and it said that my SSN and Applicant ID was not in the database. So I called and they told me I failed my fitness retest. This was a shock to me because I did 40 something pushups, 30 something sit ups, 8 lift and lowers and passed the step test which was confirmed by the lady I talked to. I am a female by the way but anyway she said I failed one of the test from the 1st part of the fitness test. But this is the kicker, my retest was given in a different location than my first fitness test. The girl that administered my fitness test was asking me what to do. I found this odd because she should have known what she was supposed to do. I believe that I was her first cbp applicant where she had to administer the new cbp fitness test. Particularly the side step test, I feel was done wrongly. It didn't resemble at all what I saw on the video. I even told her the reasons that could have me fail this particular test. I told her that if I cross my feet I fail, if a turn my torso I fail, and I have to cross or touch each end of the lines. How she set everything up looked wrong to me. But I made sure I didn't do anything that would cause me to fail. Well anyway, the lady at mhc fitness told me that they are going to look at my results from my test to see what exactly did I fail and they will call me Monday. I know this is a error on that test adminster's part. I felt the test was really easy. Right now I am running a mile and a half at 13:05, my best time has been 12:50. Trying to get down to 12:00. I have been is TSU since 6/30/09 and with all that I have been through with this job, to let someone take that from me is not going to happen. I am confident it will be cleared up and I am cool with retesting but with a different administrator. Any advice anyone?
                  CBPO
                  Geo Pref:Georgia
                  NOR:3/07
                  T.O:10/08
                  1st TSU:6/09
                  2nd Fitness test:11/09
                  Credit pulled:4/10
                  2nd TSU:5/10
                  2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                  2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                  2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                  All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                    That's outstanding. Happy weekend to you too.

Just what I need to hear: "apply to other agencies". I'm 38, there's no shot at another agency at the rate things are going.
                    As one old fogey to another, we have to hang in there, despite the nay sayers. If they prove to be right in the end, I have a back-up plan I'll let you and barnaj in on. We can start a counseling service in Michigan to help former applicants get over this terrible process. We can split the proceeds 70%-15%-15%. Well, it is MY idea. Seems fair to me.

Comment

• Recieved a testing date from Secret Service UD. I wonder which job will come through first; SSUD or CBP. Haha. At this rate I think it's anyone's guess.

So I phoned some old work collegues from CIS and managed to score a meeting with the CBP Washington DC area port administrator. I am hoping he can shed some light on what is going on for some of us Northern VA applicants- maybe even on what is going on with hiring nationwide. I will post any info I get. Hopefully he will have some helpful information.
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                        Recieved a testing date from Secret Service UD. I wonder which job will come through first; SSUD or CBP. Haha. At this rate I think it's anyone's guess.

So I phoned some old work collegues from CIS and managed to score a meeting with the CBP Washington DC area port administrator. I am hoping he can shed some light on what is going on for some of us Northern VA applicants- maybe even on what is going on with hiring nationwide. I will post any info I get. Hopefully he will have some helpful information.
                        good to hear.. while your at it ask about hiring at the BUFFALO POE!!!!!
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                          good to hear.. while your at it ask about hiring at the BUFFALO POE!!!!!
                          I will try and get as much info as I can about nationwide hiring trends. Even is it's bad news, it will at least give us some idea of what to expect.
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            You hit the nail on the head. The next time I am at the airport I expect to see a "space for lease" sign in the customs window.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                              As one old fogey to another, we have to hang in there, despite the nay sayers. If they prove to be right in the end, I have a back-up plan I'll let you and barnaj in on. We can start a counseling service in Michigan to help former applicants get over this terrible process. We can split the proceeds 70%-15%-15%. Well, it is MY idea. Seems fair to me.
                              I have been hanging in there for 3 years, been in TSU 7 months. I am thinking about becoming a nay sayer, a convert to nay saying. Is it a formal process or can I just start nay saying?
                              Your back up plan is not half bad, but I have a better one. Move out of Michigan! that state is sinking.
                              That's my back up plan, I live in California and we are taking on more water than we can handle. It's almost time to jump ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                                I will try and get as much info as I can about nationwide hiring trends. Even is it's bad news, it will at least give us some idea of what to expect.
                                While you're at that meeting, ask about hiring in St Thomas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12130 users online. 435 members and 11695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X