300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
    Yep, I remember they were separate agencies, INS = Immigration and Naturalization Service and Customs was just that, dealt with cargo and checking paperwork at POEs (passports for people, documents and contents of shipments for cargo).

I wonder how things are better now with Border Patrol, CBP, and Agricultural Inspections having been rolled under one umbrella under DHS.
    That is not quite how it worked.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
      Back then they were two seperate agencies. If you wanted to be an Immigration Inspector you applied to the INS which was under the Justice Department.

If you wanted to be a Customs Inspector you applied to the US Customs Service which was under the Treasury Department.

Immigration was interested in people and why they were coming to the United States. Customs was interested in the stuff the people were bringing to the United States and Cargo.

FB
      So what was you official title when you were hired on in 1997?
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
        So what was you official title when you were hired on in 1997?
        Immigration Inspector

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
          Immigration Inspector
          Ah, I see. That's interesting. I am really only accustomed to post-9/11 law enforcement terminology.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Just got my last green check!!! My BI was cleared today. Nothing about TSU, though. Am I going to get another notice for that?? I left a message with MHC just now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
              Just got my last green check!!! My BI was cleared today. Nothing about TSU, though. Am I going to get another notice for that?? I left a message with MHC just now.
              Welcome to TSUland! Kick back, relax and let the insanity settle in!

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post

That being said Cajunchick, your BI should clear soon.
                sandwichman...You were right!!!

Dirtstyx.....I think I found a better psychic than Lady Jane!! Hopefully you and Barnaj are next!!!
                Last edited by cajunchik; 11-05-2009, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• I just got pulled out of TSU for some odd reason, it says my pre-employment forms are pending and my Bi is pending as well. I was in TSU since 11/14/2008

I didn receieve a letter in the mail asking me to sign a couple copies for what i believe is a fair credit reporting act of some sorts.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    I just got pulled out of TSU for some odd reason, it says my pre-employment forms are pending and my Bi is pending as well. I was in TSU since 11/14/2008

I didn receieve a letter in the mail asking me to sign a couple copies for what i believe is a fair credit reporting act of some sorts.

I am glad you said something. I was stressing out over here. I had the same thing. But mine only shows BI is pending... My TSU was 6/11/09...I emailed both scheduling and hq for info. I was put on TSU as an interim clearance. They are playing with my poor nerves.
                    Last edited by Khue; 11-05-2009, 07:57 PM.
                    TO: 4/09/09
                    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                      I just got pulled out of TSU for some odd reason, it says my pre-employment forms are pending and my Bi is pending as well. I was in TSU since 11/14/2008

CASS is reading the samething for me as well. I sent that letter back and they received it just today. MHC said they will contact me if they need anything else from me. I have a TSU date of 12/01/08, so I guess we may have to update some stuff!!! We'll see.....
                      TO-6/16/08
                      TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                        Welcome to TSUland! Kick back, relax and let the insanity settle in!
                        +1 especially the insanity part! haha

Comment

• calls

I spoke to a recruiter and told me that since they just got the new salary raise, the government doesn't have funds to hire more officers at the moment but supposedly they will start calling either at the end of the year (next month) or at the beginning of 2010.
                          Another thing, my friend is a CBP officer and told me that officers who are still in probation are getting fired for DUI's and allegedly domestic violence. So, if you are going to waist your time doing this barbaric acts just quit right now and leave room for others who are serious about this job.

In case you guys are still doing that list
                          TSU 10/05/09 for southern California

Comment

• I think the recruiter is a bit confused. The appropriations bill provided roughly and extra 440 million dollars for salaries and expenses in the 2010 budget above the Presidents request. Just after the announcement, our DFO came over and explained how the GS-12 thing was going to work. He estimated GS-12 would cost the government roughly $350-400 million. Those figures are too close to be coincidence. The Congress funded the increase and the President signed off on it. The funds are not coming out of any existing program.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by nms51 View Post
                              I spoke to a recruiter and told me that since they just got the new salary raise, the government doesn't have funds to hire more officers at the moment but supposedly they will start calling either at the end of the year (next month) or at the beginning of 2010.
                              Another thing, my friend is a CBP officer and told me that officers who are still in probation are getting fired for DUI's and allegedly domestic violence. So, if you are going to waist your time doing this barbaric acts just quit right now and leave room for others who are serious about this job.

In case you guys are still doing that list
                              TSU 10/05/09 for southern California
                              Is your CBP friend in Califas where people are getting the DUIs and what not?
                              Pretty dumb to get in then throw it all away because of some foolishness.

Oh well, more room for the rest of us.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                                sandwichman...You were right!!!

Dirtstyx.....I think I found a better psychic than Lady Jane!! Hopefully you and Barnaj are next!!!
                                congrats Cajunchik for making it to TSU now you can sit and wait with the rest of us!
                                CBPO
                                Test: July 2008
                                TO: 12/26/08
                                VBT 1/21/09-passed
                                Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                                Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                                Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                                BI - Cleared
                                TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                                BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                                Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12146 users online. 437 members and 11709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X