Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Medical / Fitness retake

    I was put back into TSU after being pulled out for my medical and fitness test expiring. ON CASS and the hotline, it states that I was referred to TSU on 10/28 instead of 3/4. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
      Firebug,

      I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you a current LES? or do you have experience working with them?
      I thought it was a pretty straightforward question. What about the job do you think would be fun? I ask because the three jobs that you have applied for in your signature line are very different jobs.

      FB

      Comment


      • Cass

        I have decided that I am very glad that when I applied and got my job in 1997 that there was no animial called CASS. You submitted your application and followed the steps when you received notices or phone calls from the agency. Otherwise, you just went on with your life. You didn't check on the progress every other day. You didn't expect the agency to keep you apprised of every step they were taken in considering you for a law enforcement job.

        Just a different time I guess. You just would never think to argue with the agency that was considering hiring you about thier process for doing that. Especially, about requirements such as drug tests, background, medical, and deadlines.

        FB

        Comment


        • I'm on the waitng list but I have decided to take the advice of some of you guys on here and NOT just sit around waiting! I'm planning a trip to Madrid and Rome in December! If I get called before then then I'm kind of screwed, but I would hate myself if I don't go and STILL don't get "THE CALL!" So hope for the best and expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed people! LOL

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
            I have decided that I am very glad that when I applied and got my job in 1997 that there was no animial called CASS. You submitted your application and followed the steps when you received notices or phone calls from the agency. Otherwise, you just went on with your life. You didn't check on the progress every other day. You didn't expect the agency to keep you apprised of every step they were taken in considering you for a law enforcement job.

            Just a different time I guess. You just would never think to argue with the agency that was considering hiring you about thier process for doing that. Especially, about requirements such as drug tests, background, medical, and deadlines.

            FB
            Just out of curiosity since I asked this before and nobody ever replied, and since you just mentioned it, what was the hiring process like before 9/11? Since you're posting in a CBP specific thread, I presume that's the agency that you work for, correct (if not, which one are you working for)?

            What was the hiring process like back then before you got hired?
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
              I'm on the waitng list but I have decided to take the advice of some of you guys on here and NOT just sit around waiting! I'm planning a trip to Madrid and Rome in December! If I get called before then then I'm kind of screwed, but I would hate myself if I don't go and STILL don't get "THE CALL!" So hope for the best and expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed people! LOL
              Caribbean, Western Europe, whatever you have to do to not watch the pot boil while the burner is off.

              Welcome to the club!
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

              TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU


              EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

              Comment


              • question?

                any one out there know what was the last eod hired to mich? i have an eod of 8/09. Just wondering how close they are to calling me?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                  I was put back into TSU after being pulled out for my medical and fitness test expiring. ON CASS and the hotline, it states that I was referred to TSU on 10/28 instead of 3/4. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else?
                  Its happened to me and a everyone who has had tests expire. MHC still has your seniority in TSU according to when you first entered back in March. Not quite sure why they put the new date in, but I know I have read about people calling MHC and they were told what I just said.
                  Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                  Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                  NOR: 09/2008
                  TO: 09/25/08
                  Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                  Drug Test: 11/2008
                  Oral Board: 12/03/08
                  BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                  Qualifications: 03/17/09
                  Referred to TSU:03/19/09


                  IEA Agent
                  Geo Area: San Francisco County
                  Written:05/26/09
                  T.O.:08/28/09
                  Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                  Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                  Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                    Just out of curiosity since I asked this before and nobody ever replied, and since you just mentioned it, what was the hiring process like before 9/11? Since you're posting in a CBP specific thread, I presume that's the agency that you work for, correct (if not, which one are you working for)?What was the hiring process like back then before you got hired?
                    I think back in the day, it was INS. Then in '03, they were converted to CBP. I should have applied in '97. I think if there was no CASS, we all wouldn't be going nuts and checking CASS 8x's a day.
                    Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                    Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                    NOR: 09/2008
                    TO: 09/25/08
                    Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                    Drug Test: 11/2008
                    Oral Board: 12/03/08
                    BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                    Qualifications: 03/17/09
                    Referred to TSU:03/19/09


                    IEA Agent
                    Geo Area: San Francisco County
                    Written:05/26/09
                    T.O.:08/28/09
                    Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                    Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                    Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

                    Comment


                    • thanks burrell

                      Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                      Its happened to me and a everyone who has had tests expire. MHC still has your seniority in TSU according to when you first entered back in March. Not quite sure why they put the new date in, but I know I have read about people calling MHC and they were told what I just said.
                      That's what I figured, and it is what I've been told by MHC. I just wanted to be certain of my seniority. I got the whole day off, so I'm planning on hitting the gym, playing football later with some friends, and maybe do some jogging later tonight.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                        Just out of curiosity since I asked this before and nobody ever replied, and since you just mentioned it, what was the hiring process like before 9/11? Since you're posting in a CBP specific thread, I presume that's the agency that you work for, correct (if not, which one are you working for)?

                        What was the hiring process like back then before you got hired?
                        I was hired by INS and the process was similar to what it is now. I took the test and waited a couple of months then received the results. About a month went by and I received a Fed Ex that contained directions to schedule the medical test in the next ten days. A few weeks letter another Fed Ex to complete the drug test in the next two days. A few weeks later the Fed Ex with the SF 86 arrived and was completed.

                        I didn’t hear anything for several months. I got call one Friday morning from a guy who said he was doing my background he asked if he could come by that afternoon to go over my SF 86. I said how about Monday because we are going away for the weekend. He came on Monday spent about an hour and a half going over my SF 86, made some phone calls then told me he had 30 days to complete the report. About 6 weeks later I got a phone call offering my EOD date. I would estimate the time from test to EOD to be about 9 to 10 months.

                        Back then there was no VBT, or structured interview. That component was added after I was hired.

                        FB

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          I was hired by INS and the process was similar to what it is now. I took the test and waited a couple of months then received the results. About a month went by and I received a Fed Ex that contained directions to schedule the medical test in the next ten days. A few weeks letter another Fed Ex to complete the drug test in the next two days. A few weeks later the Fed Ex with the SF 86 arrived and was completed.

                          I didn’t hear anything for several months. I got call one Friday morning from a guy who said he was doing my background he asked if he could come by that afternoon to go over my SF 86. I said how about Monday because we are going away for the weekend. He came on Monday spent about an hour and a half going over my SF 86, made some phone calls then told me he had 30 days to complete the report. About 6 weeks later I got a phone call offering my EOD date. I would estimate the time from test to EOD to be about 9 to 10 months.

                          Back then there was no VBT, or structured interview. That component was added after I was hired.

                          FB
                          Hiring was done be INS and not the U.S. Customs Service at that time? Interesting.
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                            Hiring was done be INS and not the U.S. Customs Service at that time? Interesting.
                            Back then they were two seperate agencies. If you wanted to be an Immigration Inspector you applied to the INS which was under the Justice Department.

                            If you wanted to be a Customs Inspector you applied to the US Customs Service which was under the Treasury Department.

                            Immigration was interested in people and why they were coming to the United States. Customs was interested in the stuff the people were bringing to the United States and Cargo.

                            FB

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                              Back then they were two seperate agencies. If you wanted to be an Immigration Inspector you applied to the INS which was under the Justice Department.

                              If you wanted to be a Customs Inspector you applied to the US Customs Service which was under the Treasury Department.

                              Immigration was interested in people and why they were coming to the United States. Customs was interested in the stuff the people were bringing to the United States and Cargo.

                              FB
                              Yep, I remember they were separate agencies, INS = Immigration and Naturalization Service and Customs was just that, dealt with cargo and checking paperwork at POEs (passports for people, documents and contents of shipments for cargo).

                              I wonder how things are better now with Border Patrol, CBP, and Agricultural Inspections having been rolled under one umbrella under DHS.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                              Comment


                              • BTW, for all you bored people out there, the articles on here are pretty interesting:

                                http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/

                                Its a good read and gauge for the kinds of things you can expect to encounter on the job.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9386 users online. 289 members and 9097 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X