300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kearney3 View Post
    Ok> some kinda good news. Someone just sent me an e mail from one of those mass e mails from MHC and this person said she got the call on Oct 28that she is leaving Nov 9 to go to her duty station which is southern california and supposed to be startong the academy Dec 10. everyone in my e mail group has been in TSU since April 09. Hope this gives some of you all hope and brightens your spirits.
    It's a southern border zone. They've been hiring with reduced regularity since March.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• MHC and comprehensive health have been calling me for the past 4 days several times per day to get me to reschedule drug test which I had missed due to me being on vacation. Problem is they call me during work. I picked up today and it was MHC this time and she started to grill me about why I had missed my last drug test. She was literally interrogating me at one point so I told her look, ive been in TSU for a few months shy of 1 year, ive redone my fitness/medical and now you are going to harass me at my paying job for one that you arent even offering me nor can you even tell me even the slightest hint of when. She said I had 48 hours to comply and I basically told her to **** off and hung up. Thats that.

I really could care less about an entry level govt job trying to tell me what to do before they even hire me. Ive jumped through enough hoops to be a CBPO, but good luck to you all. I know some of you want it really bad and I hope they have a little more respect with you.

-1 for TSU miami

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
        Back in TSU....again. Hopefully I don't get yanked again for something that's about to expire.
        That drug test got you didnt it?? How long is the oral board good for?

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          That drug test got you didnt it?? How long is the oral board good for?
          I believe oral board is good for three years

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
            I believe oral board is good for three years
            What oral board? The VBT?
            Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 11-04-2009, 10:01 PM.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              What oral board? The VBT?
              Yes, VBT is good for 3 years

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                Yes, VBT is good for 3 years
                I wonder why it has an expiration date.
                I see the need for another physical or a drug test or even a supplement background.
                Do you loose your mind after 2-3 years in TSU?
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                  I wonder why it has an expiration date.
                  I see the need for another physical or a drug test or even a supplement background.
                  Do you loose your mind after 2-3 years in TSU?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Comment

• <---- My floodgate is rusting shut.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                      MHC and comprehensive health have been calling me for the past 4 days several times per day to get me to reschedule drug test which I had missed due to me being on vacation. Problem is they call me during work. I picked up today and it was MHC this time and she started to grill me about why I had missed my last drug test. She was literally interrogating me at one point so I told her look, ive been in TSU for a few months shy of 1 year, ive redone my fitness/medical and now you are going to harass me at my paying job for one that you arent even offering me nor can you even tell me even the slightest hint of when. She said I had 48 hours to comply and I basically told her to **** off and hung up. Thats that.

I really could care less about an entry level govt job trying to tell me what to do before they even hire me. Ive jumped through enough hoops to be a CBPO, but good luck to you all. I know some of you want it really bad and I hope they have a little more respect with you.

-1 for TSU miami
                      Good for you!! I think all of you should all take colinm112's example and tell MHC to **** off.

Especially those of you waiting for NY/JFK.

Comment

• There are several people who just received clearance on their BI and moved into TSU that had them done days before mine. I called a couple of weeks ago to see what my status was and had to leave a message. I missed the callback but she left a message that sounded like she was reading from a script. " your file is in the security office and it usually takes 4-7 months for them to clear so you look like your right on track". Should I call back and talk to a person or will they just give me the same answer and no new info? Or are you allowed to actually call the security office like you could do with the other departments?

Comment

• As far as the BI goes. Yes, the agencies (ICE and CBP) can use each others BIs, because they are the same and contain the same information. With that said they still would be re-adjudicated by the hiring agency. The reason often times they are not shared is simple, time. Often it can take several months to have the BI transfered from one agency to the next. This can often times be longer than if the agency completed their own BI. So rather than take a chance that the BI comes in later than needed, an agency will often just schedule their own BI. If you read the pertinent law, it states in there that if a BI has already been completed and is sufficient, it is supposed to be used. The problem with this is the new agency getting the BI in a timely manner. If you submit a new SF-86 to both CBP and ICE both can have an interim BI done within a few days to weeks. If your background is clean you could be at the academy quickly. If they requested the previous BI, they could wait months.

CBP's OFO section (where CBPO's are assigned) and BP can easily share the BI because they are done by the same department, CBP office of IA. Whereas the CBP investigation and the one for ICE are done by different organizations.

On a side note your previous BI will be consulted when you have a new one done. This does not have to be done with the BI per say. It can be done after you are given clearance. Your clearance can always be taken away and you fired, if you forgot to list the murder arrest you had expunged after your first BI. So make sure all of the information from one BI to the next is accurate.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

There are several people who just received clearance on their BI and moved into TSU that had them done days before mine. I called a couple of weeks ago to see what my status was and had to leave a message. I missed the callback but she left a message that sounded like she was reading from a script. " your file is in the security office and it usually takes 4-7 months for them to clear so you look like your right on track". Should I call back and talk to a person or will they just give me the same answer and no new info? Or are you allowed to actually call the security office like you could do with the other departments?
                            Calling them (even if you have your adjudicator's number) will get you NO WHERE. If you're calling MHC, you're doubly wasting your time. They don't know a single thing about your investigation. Ask barnaj. He and I and I'm sure a slew of others have waited over a year for our BI's. You do yourself a disservice by comparing your timeline to someone else's. There is no pattern to find in all of this. If you feel the need to call someone for information, call Lady Jane's Psychic Hotline. It will probably give you better and more reliable information. GL

Comment

• Still waiting myself, gone the State Rep route....tired of this crap. Granted im here in the sandbox I want that dame Check mark....lol. Took the test Nov 07
                              "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

There are several people who just received clearance on their BI and moved into TSU that had them done days before mine. I called a couple of weeks ago to see what my status was and had to leave a message. I missed the callback but she left a message that sounded like she was reading from a script. " your file is in the security office and it usually takes 4-7 months for them to clear so you look like your right on track". Should I call back and talk to a person or will they just give me the same answer and no new info? Or are you allowed to actually call the security office like you could do with the other departments?
                                They told me the same thing when I called them(before my BI cleared) and got a human.

Its their standard reply. If you're legit and as you've said had a "boring" life,
                                your BI should clear soon. No sense in calling them. Just keep checking CASS every few days to maintain your sanity about it. That's what I did.

I told the investigator about my weed smoking and the circumstances thereof (3x over 10 years ago) and my BI cleared.

To the guy that recently posted saying he got denied, sorry to hear it mate, but CBP obviously doesn't want the fox guarding the hen house, so common sense prevails in my opinion. If you have sketchy things (be that excessive and recent weed smoking, drinking, gambling, domestic violence, excessive debt, repeated late payments on bills) in your background, don't bother trying to get this job until marijuana is either decriminalized or legalized.

That being said Cajunchick, your BI should clear soon. I think they give us the 4-7 timeframe so that we stop bugging them and for them to give us a worst case scenario. Better tell us it'll take longer and then it takes less time, then they tell us it'll take 4 weeks but due to snags end up taking 7 months.
                                Last edited by sandwichman; 11-05-2009, 10:59 AM.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4962 users online. 292 members and 4670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X