Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey put me on the list Hit TSU for Miami 5/8/2009

Comment

• This is all hearsay but i figured i'd let you guys know anyway... My dad works with a guy who's son is a cbpo in Buffalo, NY. The guy told my dad that his son told him, to tell me to "hang in there". Rumor going around his work is that buffalo is supposed to be hiring some guys soon. He didn't say how many or how soon. I'll let you know if i get any more info
      Last edited by Chuckb88; 11-02-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Error..........................
        Last edited by sevokg; 06-07-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• hmm haven't been on here in a while...

just a quick update:
          TSU day 79 for Laredo, Tx

“All good things arrive unto them that wait - and don't die in the meantime”

Hang in there, guys
          "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
          TEST - 03/02/09
          NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
          TO - 04/06/09
          FORMS - 04/21/09
          MED/FIT - 04/29/09
          DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
          QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
          VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
          BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
          TSU - 08/14/09
          The "Call" - 01/14/11
          EOD - 02/07/11
          FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
          TEST - 12/13/10
          NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• So, the concensus seems to be that once CBP receives their appropriation from Congress, then hiring will pick up?
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
              So, while we're all waiting..

What do you all currently do for a living?

I'm a DNS Admin at a webhosting company.

By day, I sit behind a desk at a bank preparing and revising real estate and credit documents.

By evening/night, I'm behind a counter legally aiding a drug dealer at a pharmacy.

I go to school anytime in between that.

...so yeah, i'm a full-time student working both a full-time and part-time job that still finds time to hit the gym for at least an hour a day while getting a good three or four hours of beauty naps a night.

As the days pass and I keep this up, I sense my location status changing to:

coming to an Asylum near you

on the bright side, I'll keep training...

and I'll keep waiting...
              Last edited by koalica; 11-03-2009, 12:31 AM.
              "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
              TEST - 03/02/09
              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
              TO - 04/06/09
              FORMS - 04/21/09
              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
              TSU - 08/14/09
              The "Call" - 01/14/11
              EOD - 02/07/11
              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
              TEST - 12/13/10
              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                So, the concensus seems to be that once CBP receives their appropriation from Congress, then hiring will pick up?

That would be my thought. Then again, I've been wrong much more often of late than usual.

Eventually, they'll have to start hiring. The longer they put it off, they more it's going to cost them in terms in overtime, both in terms of total OT hours and increased OT costs. People leave every week, if they're not replaced...OT covers those shifts. Every day that goes by where we don't hire new 5's and 7's means that more of our current 5's and 7's age out and promote up. Fewer 5's and 7's mean that more OT ends up being done by 9's and 11's...increasing the need for larger OT budgets.

Eventually it becomes cheaper to hire new applicants to work as 05's and 07's than it does to pay out OT to 11's.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  That would be my thought. Then again, I've been wrong much more often of late than usual.

Eventually, they'll have to start hiring. The longer they put it off, they more it's going to cost them in terms in overtime, both in terms of total OT hours and increased OT costs. People leave every week, if they're not replaced...OT covers those shifts. Every day that goes by where we don't hire new 5's and 7's means that more of our current 5's and 7's age out and promote up. Fewer 5's and 7's mean that more OT ends up being done by 9's and 11's...increasing the need for larger OT budgets.

Eventually it becomes cheaper to hire new applicants to work as 05's and 07's than it does to pay out OT to 11's.
                  Maybe they are waiting to see if the new market bubble bursts and sends us into another depression.

My greatest fear is that the US is approaching insolvency and that the whole country is going to turn into a technological fire-sale to the Chinese. Hey, maybe then we can apply for a Chinese Customs job?
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
                    hmm haven't been on here in a while...

just a quick update:
                    TSU day 79 for Laredo, Tx

“All good things arrive unto them that wait - and don't die in the meantime”

Hang in there, guys
                    I am completely blown away by your timeline!!! 5 months from testing to TSU?? Wow!! So your BI only took 2 months to clear from the time you met with them? Were you a boring file or a complicated one?? Sorry, I'm in that phase now and everything is going at a faster pace than some so I am just curious if mine will take 4-7 months to clear like MHC is telling me. Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                      I am completely blown away by your timeline!!! 5 months from testing to TSU?? Wow!! So your BI only took 2 months to clear from the time you met with them? Were you a boring file or a complicated one?? Sorry, I'm in that phase now and everything is going at a faster pace than some so I am just curious if mine will take 4-7 months to clear like MHC is telling me. Thanks in advance!!
                      From what I understand, the duration of background investigations varies greatly. Investigators, who are usually contractors, are given deadlines to get cases done. Deadlines vary depending on the case load of the investigator. Case load can depend on the densitiy of applicants in a given region.

Being a BI is a pretty popular job for retirees and people with families because it allows you to set your own schedule. You just have to meet your deadline. One of my BIs for CBP was a retired Sarasota County Detective. He was wicked nice and was really happy to come to my apartment on the day he did because I had 3 friends from home staying with me that I had listed on my background paperwork. It was like one-stop shopping, as he put it. The other was a former DIA analyst who had a young child. So the job really worked out well for her.

In short, it varies. Haha.

...day 165 in TSU
                      Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM.
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                        Back in the days when hiring seemed to be their number one priority (see January to March of this year), you could see applicants blowing through the entire process in 4-5 months (before anyone points out: I know it was rare but it did happen). An ex-coworker of mine had a test date to EOD date of a mere 3-4 months. Oh how things change so quickly.

Comment

• How long does it take to get back into TSU after they receive your medical re-certification document?? I answered no to all questions. Haven't had to go to the doc in the last year. Plus....no medical (come on and start hiring!) Thanks....also approaching 8 months in TSU.
                          Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                          Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                          NOR: 09/2008
                          TO: 09/25/08
                          Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                          Drug Test: 11/2008
                          Oral Board: 12/03/08
                          BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                          Qualifications: 03/17/09
                          Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                          Geo Area: San Francisco County
                          Written:05/26/09
                          T.O.:08/28/09
                          Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                          Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                          Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• I'm hoping to be hired by January at the earliest. I just hope It doesn't break a year from TO so that I don't have to re-do requirements.

If not January, then I fear that we won't see any hiring until next October.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• YAY!!! I just called CASS and my BI passed. I was referred to TSU on 10/30/2009. (web version of CASS hasn't updated yet)

The recording said that I should get a call from TSU in 30-60 days depending on the hiring needs at your POE and that depeding on that, it might take an additional 30 days. The recording also said if you haven't heard anything from TSU after 90 days to leave them a message ("Say operator").

for all you 90+ people, here's the CASS number 612-467-7040

Anthony, if you're still keeping track, could you add me to Maine please?
                              Last edited by sandwichman; 11-03-2009, 11:48 AM.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• They'll have to hire at some point before next Oct.

The most restrictive (non-official) number of classes I've seen for FY10 is 17. That's just over 800 new hires. I've also seen 26 classes, or about 1250 new hires. Along with those, I've also seen numbers of roughly 1550 new hires... roughly 33 new classes.

Whatever the number ends up being they'll have to start hiring eventually and sometime before 10/10.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10153 users online. 348 members and 9805 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X