Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
    So, while we're all waiting..

What do you all currently do for a living?

I'm a DNS Admin at a webhosting company.
    3 1/2 years with TSA. Currently a Master Behavior Detection Officer
    TSU- 07/14/09
    location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
      Update:

The Bill was signed today 10/28/09 into law.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:h.02892:
      Good news, I hope so

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Genius. Sigged. Love it.

I'm flattered

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
          Maybe instead of CBP picking people by TSU date they are waiting for the forum members here to kill each other off. Whoever is left gets the job! I know we are all under a lot of stress 'bout the job, but seriously why do we need to jump all over each other? Thats part of the reason I've gone from checking this site every day to every other day to once a week... we are all in this together, even with stupid posts and grammer mistakes.
          Good point tsa. Although, I check this forum every day and I'm sure there are others like me who only chime in now and then. I try to stick to good points about CBP and the chase involved in getting a CBP position (except for the pizza bit...I had to say something there) and not use this room as a "chat room". No offense to others, but there are much better places to share feelings and chat. I stay out of the silly stuff (once again..except the pizza topic) and continue to wait for some insightful information.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
            Amen to that...someone jump my "ca-ca" because I misspelled Beavis..sorry I forgot to put the "a" in freak'n Beavis!....it's just a forum to ask questions and get answers y'all!
            Actually, I remember this. I replied to you because you jumped all over someone (hence you calling him Beavis) because he suggested you search the forum before you ask a question. I backed it up and explained how it's faster and easier to just search instead of waiting for someone to reply...and I don't think my statement is "jumping your ca-ca": I don't think he resulted to name calling though....and by the way....it's Beavis..with an "a".

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
              btw that's why I have'nt even been on here in awhile..because people get all rude and bent out of shape...over minor stuff, I've been checking to see if anyone got any calls yet and that's about it and log off...sad that a forum could turn out this way when we all could be helping each other out....kumbaya..and yes I'm sure I mis spelled that one also!
              So calling someone Beavis is ok?

Comment

International Coordinator (logistics, freight forwarding etc.) for a global private company. Previously, I had a similar position that also included doing the majority of the manual labor for CBP de-vans for the Port Huron border.

Comment

4yrs with TSA Master Behavior Detection Officer LGA
                  CBPOJFK
                  Exam 03/2008---86
                  Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                  Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                  Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                  Drug Test---07/2008 check
                  VBT---07/2008 check
                  Fitness---8/2009 check
                  BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

I believe they are calling my kind a domestic goddess these days!!

Comment

I work as toll collector for the New York State Thruway (7 years & through college) and also started importing and reselling textiles from South America... kinda random, I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                        Good point tsa. Although, I check this forum every day and I'm sure there are others like me who only chime in now and then. I try to stick to good points about CBP and the chase involved in getting a CBP position (except for the pizza bit...I had to say something there) and not use this room as a "chat room". No offense to others, but there are much better places to share feelings and chat. I stay out of the silly stuff (once again..except the pizza topic) and continue to wait for some insightful information.
                        The problem with only sticking to points about CBP is that there could be days where there is nothing to discuss. Not much going on around these parts lately!! If there was something to talk about I would be all over it, but in the mean time Im bored so if I want to cut up with fellow future CBP officers, I think its OK to let lose a bit to relieve the stress of waiting. Its better than hitting the Vodka at 9am!!!
                        (I had to edit and chime in to this paragraph because I was saying this in a nice way but when I read it back you could possibly mistake it as being ugly... I promise I wasnt trying to be rude !! )

...Not to mention this job requires a certain amount of people skills. So while there is nothing to talk about that already hasnt been answered in 20 different ways, some of us are practicing those people skills. I do apologize if it bothers you, though. Ill try to keep it to a mimimum, but it is kind of hard to keep my mouth shut when they start posting funny stuff!! You couldnt even resist!!!
                        Last edited by cajunchik; 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                          I work as toll collector for the New York State Thruway (7 years & through college) and also started importing and reselling textiles from South America... kinda random, I know.
                          Your BI must have been fun to do!!! How many questions did they ask you about that one???

Comment

• I probably have the lamest job on here, but it put me through college. I'm just a server for PF Changs in Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                              What's going on with this story? This story was from my local newspaper back in January. I replied to ad, but I am getting a slow response.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...border28m.html
                              BAAAAHAAAA!! I think this is the funniest article Ive read in a long time!! I couldnt stop laughing. I hope you can get through and post something. Let me know if you do!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                                I probably have the lamest job on here, but it put me through college. I'm just a server for PF Changs in Austin.
                                My sister was one in Houston and made a bunch of money!! Not lame at all!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6332 users online. 320 members and 6012 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X