Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm kind of considering applying to be a cbp officer. I'm not sure if I want to though. Basically your a screener with a gun for a lot of the positions right? I'm not sure if I can handle that.

Comment

• At 95?

No...you probably couldn't.

Comment

• haha. nice, merlin.
        i think we have a troll.
        let's not feed him...

Comment

• hahaha, yeah I'm not a troll. I didn't mean I couldn't handle it, I meant that mentally I could not handle that on a day to day basis. I think it would be incredibly monotonous.
          Im looking for an entry point into Federal LE though
          Last edited by igneous; 02-09-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Any idea what the dress code is for taking the exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by igneous
              hahaha, yeah I'm not a troll. I didn't mean I couldn't handle it, I meant that mentally I could not handle that on a day to day basis. I think it would be incredibly monotonous.
              Im looking for an entry point into Federal LE though
              If a CBPO position doesn't suit you, you could always put in for Border Patrol.

"6C" retirement coverage and stomping through the desert looking for Mexicans...all the excitement you could want.

Comment

• Originally posted by barrister
                Any idea what the dress code is for taking the exam?
                There is no dress code for taking the exam.

I wouldn't dress too goofy though, occassionally somebody from a port might just wander in. I recommend business casual.

Comment

• khakis and a golf shirt worked for me. tuck it in, of course...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436
                    Where are you with your BI?

Hate to disappoint you...but there is no rhyme or reason behind which step gets scheduled when after one gets a TO. You just as easily could have had your "whiz quiz" first thing.
                    Yeah I was thinking that but my brother is a cop and was at the range yesterday and ran into 2 guys from different cities whom where there shooting. they both told him that 2 weeks after thier **** test that got called with job offers. coincidence? maybe, maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
                      Yeah I was thinking that but my brother is a cop and was at the range yesterday and ran into 2 guys from different cities whom where there shooting. they both told him that 2 weeks after thier **** test that got called with job offers. coincidence? maybe, maybe not.
                      I don't doubt that..if a person had everything else completed and was only waiting for the drug test.

Have you checked CASS to see what's been completed in your case?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436
                        I don't doubt that..if a person had everything else completed and was only waiting for the drug test.

Have you checked CASS to see what's been completed in your case?
                        yeah, all thats left is my background. but wouldnt you have to technically pass a drug test before they could clear a background? Hard to say just hopin i'll be lucky and hear something right quick.

Comment

• are CBP officers covered under HR 218?

Comment

• Yes..they are..

Comment

• Offhand, I can't think a reason why we would need to carry under HR-218(since we already have 24/7 carry authority pretty much any and everywhere in the US) but I suppose a few just might exist.

Comment

• need some help...

when I log onto e-qip to do the SF-86, i get an error message after i fill in the 3 "golden questions" (last name, city born in , and yr of birth)...

anyone else have this problem???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6598 users online. 393 members and 6205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X