Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RHINO6383 View Post
    ROBEANS -

It's 1.7% and is almost identical to the 12 (d) retirement. You should have received a packet explaining this stuff, age recruitments, early retirement, all that stuff. It's a little more than a little kicker added to your retirement.

Either way there are BPA's that hate their job almost as much as you do and say the same crap just in reverse.

You have been talking to BPA's on the Northern border? Cause most of the guys on the SW border work a lot of overtime.

Well you seem to absolutely hate your soon to be former job and think the BPA is the only one that does any thing, I guess you must be right. I'll quite now, go through the hiring process again, go through a military like academy and get yelled at like a kid, then go work in some of the most dangerous conditions in the US in an area that I don't want to live far away from my family. It's not all about the glamor, it's about having a good job with good pay in a good location.

Good luck with all that.

Dude! Who said in all my attempts to pass-on actual ground truth data, did I say I hated my Job?

I have never had a day at work that I regreted when it came to seizing my +6,500 lbs of Weed, +600 lbs Coke, +300 lbs Meth, 137 vehicles, 156 Arrests for Smuggling/Trafficking in Human and narcotics. That does not list the 2 people I have pulled out of a burning car in service in Macedonia and Kosovo, CPR to 2 people, saving my own Supervisors life when he was choking to death while on duty. Serving my Country has been a great experience...Something I have really liked doing...and I do not regret.

That does not mean that everything is rosey and perfect in federal service. Never assume that since you can earn a good wage, and no matter if it's my 1.0 TSP kick in, the upcoming 1.5 TSP Kick-in or whatever, that everything will work out and be perfect for a rosey retirement looking into the palms on a blue ocean... TSP maxed out deduction will help with that, with the new retirement, 20 years, TSP, OT under COPRA it can be great... I'm just wanting to point out that things can go south quick, Hence the Phrase:
    "One Day, Cock of the walk, the very next, a feather duster"

There are obvious advantages of a CBPO position if you want a static position.
    There are also advantages for advancement, enhanced retirement the BPO position. Everyone needs to make up there own mind... But no matter what, be happy in your work and for G-od's sake back each other up, no matter your uniform, we are all CBP after all. Without what we do every day, CBPO or BPA, the criminality would destroy our society...

Good luck with your time, I will be out before the new retirement kicks in and I hope everyone has a great time, a good experience in Service to our Great Country. It's not the money and it's not the Medals, it's the good times with other Officers that will make your day and your career.... Opinions vary but Thats mine...

Take care!

Rhino!
    Although I didn't like your first post this was an outstanding post.

Thanks for your service.

Comment

• Just thought I would send this along as proof that you need to put the Max in TSP and put away $100.00 a Pay period for retirement.... Dont count on what the GOV will give you as a annuity. These are my amounts.... Oh by the by, I was incorrect on the amount it is 1.7% not what I stated 1.5%....

HIGH THREE CALCULATIONS:
      (Regular retirement WITH OT monies)

Go to last PP Statement for each calendar year worked, most likely your last 3 to 5 year period. Locate the statute authorized pay in the PP Statement block for each year. Total all types of OT worked, $12,500, $15,000 or $17,500. May use NMT $15,000 or $17,500. If less than these totals, use the actual amount of OT worked. Add Statute authorized pay and the authorized OT amount total per year to determine that year’s total.

Take the three highest worked years and use them for the high three determination. (my data, not yours)

2007 High Three – a $ 63,935.77
      2003 High Three – b $ 62,607.78
      2002 High Three - c $ 60,804.00
      Total of High Three figures $191,807.32

Divide by “3” (Average high three) $ 63,935.77
      Multiply by 1% $ 639.36
      Multiply by Year’s worked 31.5
      Authorized per annum total $ 20,139.84
      Divide by 12 (Monthly annuity) $ 1,678.32
      Subtract Survivor benefits for Spouse (10%) $ 167.82
      Subtract Monthly Health plan cost $ 300.00
      Subtract Monthly Life Insurance cost $ 90.00
      Monthly annuity – Gray shaded withdraws - $ 1120.50

WITH THE NEW cbpo 1.7 FOR 20 YEARS:

Multiply by 1.7% $ 1086.91
      Authorized per annum total $ 34,237.67
      Divide by 12 (Monthly annuity) $2,853.14
      Subtract Survivor benefits for Spouse (10%) $ 285.31
      Monthly annuity – Gray shaded withdraws - $2,177.83

FROM THE 1% TO THE 1.7% THATS AN ENHANCEMENT IN YOUR MONTHLY RETIREMENT OF $ 1057.33

NOW IF YOU CHANGE THE FIGURE FROM 31.5 YEARS TO THE 20 YEARS:

RETIREMENT IS GOING TO BE AROUND: $1240.37 AFTER DEDUCTIONS, NOT COUNTING TAXES.....OY VEY!

Please count on your TSP and your Roth IRA!

This is all changed by OT Worked, your rank and pay grade and the moneys that were earned.....

Later Dayz!

Rhino!
      Last edited by RHINO6383; 05-11-2008, 08:47 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• Heard a rumor down here that they are dropping the run time from 16:30 down to 14:30 or 15:30 due to the 37 yo rqmt..they are looking at going back to 6 day classes and they are projecting 80 classes FY09...losing more weekly than what we are making.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHINO6383 View Post
          Just thought I would send this along as proof that you need to put the Max in TSP and put away $100.00 a Pay period for retirement.... Dont count on what the GOV will give you as a annuity. These are my amounts.... Oh by the by, I was incorrect on the amount it is 1.7% not what I stated 1.5%....

HIGH THREE CALCULATIONS:
          (Regular retirement WITH OT monies)

Go to last PP Statement for each calendar year worked, most likely your last 3 to 5 year period. Locate the statute authorized pay in the PP Statement block for each year. Total all types of OT worked, $12,500, $15,000 or $17,500. May use NMT $15,000 or $17,500. If less than these totals, use the actual amount of OT worked. Add Statute authorized pay and the authorized OT amount total per year to determine that year’s total.

Take the three highest worked years and use them for the high three determination. (my data, not yours)

Multiply by 1% $ 639.36
          Authorized per annum total $ 20,139.84
          Divide by 12 (Monthly annuity) $ 1,678.32
          Subtract Survivor benefits for Spouse (10%) $ 167.82
          Monthly annuity – Gray shaded withdraws - $ 1120.50

WITH THE NEW cbpo 1.7 FOR 20 YEARS:

Multiply by 1.7% $ 1086.91
          Authorized per annum total $ 34,237.67
          Divide by 12 (Monthly annuity) $2,853.14
          Subtract Survivor benefits for Spouse (10%) $ 285.31
          Monthly annuity – Gray shaded withdraws - $2,177.83

FROM THE 1% TO THE 1.7% THATS AN ENHANCEMENT IN YOUR MONTHLY RETIREMENT OF $ 1057.33

NOW IF YOU CHANGE THE FIGURE FROM 31.5 YEARS TO THE 20 YEARS:

RETIREMENT IS GOING TO BE AROUND: $1240.37 AFTER DEDUCTIONS, NOT COUNTING TAXES.....OY VEY!

Please count on your TSP and your Roth IRA!

This is all changed by OT Worked, your rank and pay grade and the moneys that were earned.....

Later Dayz!

Rhino!
          No one ever said that you should not max your TSP. The posts were more to correct the incorrect information you were posting about the new CBPO retirement.

Comment

• Guys,

Do you have the States/Cities where CBPO are urgently needed?... I chose one in So Cal (was not in the urgent list) but I don't think I can wait for too long - the sooner I leave this place, the better. I think I will have to change locations. Thanks

BPA
            test: 04/08
            Results: Passed - 04/08
            COE Received - 05/08
            Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
            Panel: 07/08: Passed
            BI: ?..
            CBPO
            test: 03/08
            Results: Passed - 04/08
            COE Received: 06/08
            Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
            VBT: Passed 07/08
            BI: ???
            FBI
            Phase I: 05/08
            Results: Passed 05/08
            Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
            Language test (o): Passed 07/08
            Panel: 10/08: ???
            PFT: 11/08: ???
            USSS
            TEA test: 08/07
            Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Washington, Vermont, Maine, SW border states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
                ...losing more weekly than what we are making.
                Loosing more what? If you mean loosing recruits, what are they being lost to?

Comment

• I just called the hiring center, they have alreayd sent a bunch of TO's out to the people who just took the march 2008 test for buffalo NY. I asked how far they have reached but she wouldnt say. I got a 95 and have not heard anything. She said 95 may or may not be called beacuse they have sent out alot of letters. SO do you need a 100 to be hired?

Comment

• You're referring only to Buffalo? I got a 94 and haven't heard anything as well. I requested Seattle area. Anyways, good luck to you and hopefully we'll hear something.
                    I and the public know
                    What all schoolchildren learn,
                    Those to whom evil is done
                    Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

• Originally posted by jonm0303 View Post
                      You're referring only to Buffalo? I got a 94 and haven't heard anything as well. I requested Seattle area. Anyways, good luck to you and hopefully we'll hear something.
                      The Seattle Port is hiring like mad and will continue for a while. If you haven't received a TO within a couple of months after testing, I would send an email to Twin Cities and ask them what's up.

Comment

• i hope i hear something from Jersey

Comment

• I have heard nothing from Buffalo, tested on 3/19 but I only scored a 79, still dont know how that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                            The Seattle Port is hiring like mad and will continue for a while. If you haven't received a TO within a couple of months after testing, I would send an email to Twin Cities and ask them what's up.
                            Thanks for the heads up!! How long does it usually take (on average) for a TO from a place that is currently needing people. Anyone picked up by Seattle recently?
                            I and the public know
                            What all schoolchildren learn,
                            Those to whom evil is done
                            Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

• Originally posted by jonm0303 View Post
                              Thanks for the heads up!! How long does it usually take (on average) for a TO from a place that is currently needing people. Anyone picked up by Seattle recently?
                              It took less than 60 days from test to TO.

I just did.

Comment

• anyone out here in southern california waiting on their t.o.'s and packets?

i took the compressed testing in january and failed it....but due to this recent drop in their standards due to a new spanish course in their academy my score jumped up to an 87. i was told that even tho i had taken the compressed test that now im in the long line....just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9952 users online. 514 members and 9438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X