Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello guys,

    I tested Dec 09, passed with an 86w/o vet points I got my NOR two weeks later my geo is MIA. It's been almost 11months now and everything is still quiet, is this normal? I don't want to make any assumtions but I would've thought by now I would've heard something.

    Anywho I spent 4 1/2 years in the Marines because my last six months I was stopped lost so I can waiting game but I'm still curious about the CBPO process.
    BPA
    Tested - 09/27/2010
    GEO - California Sector
    N.O.R. - 09/30/2010 Passed (93%)
    TSL1 - 11/04/2010
    OB - 11/21/2010

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Silent0151 View Post
      Hello guys,

      I tested Dec 09, passed with an 86w/o vet points I got my NOR two weeks later my geo is MIA. It's been almost 11months now and everything is still quiet, is this normal? I don't want to make any assumtions but I would've thought by now I would've heard something.

      Anywho I spent 4 1/2 years in the Marines because my last six months I was stopped lost so I can waiting game but I'm still curious about the CBPO process.
      Silent,

      One of those in the future Tests? I think I know what you mean. Email them OPM and DHS if you don't get a response call. Don't be so Silent!

      T-
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
        What's so wrong for pointing out how greatly misinformed someone is about a job they have applied for? By the way, robeans has been on the job as an officer for about a year. Think before you speak.
        Drcapps defense....I didnt know what robeans was talking about either. I thought he was making a comment about giving up, too. I was not aware that he is a CBP officer from what is on his public profile. I am new to the forum and drcapp has only been on since May so you have to cut the guy some slack. Giving up is not a good attitude to have especially at FLETC and the job so if you are thinking that robeans is waiting in TSU, I can certainly see where drcapp was coming from. Thats just me!!!

        ...and drcapp, even though I agree with where you were coming from in your statement, can I still slap you in the face if I see you on the street?? It would be funny as hell...well at least for me!!!

        Comment


        • Maybe instead of CBP picking people by TSU date they are waiting for the forum members here to kill each other off. Whoever is left gets the job! I know we are all under a lot of stress 'bout the job, but seriously why do we need to jump all over each other? Thats part of the reason I've gone from checking this site every day to every other day to once a week... we are all in this together, even with stupid posts and grammer mistakes.
          TSU- 07/14/09
          location- Minneapolis

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Akito View Post
            Good afternoon, after reading the replies about what I stated on my last post, I would like to apologize to all who took offense by my grammar mistakes. I have enrolled for English 101 at my community college, so by the time I graduate in 4 years, hopefully my phone will ring to get the job.
            Once again I do apologize for posting great stupidness.
            Please don't apologize for your grammar on here!!! Its a forum and you are not filling out legal documents or reports. You are just saying what is on your mind and shouldnt have to feel like you are being graded on it!!!

            Now when you are on the job, thats a different story!!!

            Comment


            • Well, it's been just about a year since I filled out the app for CBPO. Ah, I remember seeing the ad on the back page of DC Express just like it was yesterday...


              "DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WEAR THE UNIFORM OF U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION?

              Now hiring to fill immediate vacancies at Dulles International Airport and the Northern Virginia Area!

              Come to an informational session and see if you've got what it takes!"



              See if you have what it takes? If the Pope and the Dali Lama fell in love and had a child who became a Buddhist that was constantly strung out on prozac then that child might come close to having the PATIENCE THAT IT TAKES TO GET THIS FREAKIN JOB!
              Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 10-28-2009, 11:00 PM.
              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

              Comment


              • Maybe Merlin or Barnaj can help me out with this. WHY is there so much cheating on spouses going on down at FLETC? And WHY do supervisors allow it and accomidate it when they get home? Where is the "integrety"? Sorry, but I would think lying and cheating would not be the morals that CBP would want in their officers.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                  Maybe instead of CBP picking people by TSU date they are waiting for the forum members here to kill each other off. Whoever is left gets the job! I know we are all under a lot of stress 'bout the job, but seriously why do we need to jump all over each other? Thats part of the reason I've gone from checking this site every day to every other day to once a week... we are all in this together, even with stupid posts and grammer mistakes.
                  +1

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D22 View Post
                    Maybe Merlin or Barnaj can help me out with this. WHY is there so much cheating on spouses going on down at FLETC? And WHY do supervisors allow it and accomidate it when they get home? Where is the "integrety"? Sorry, but I would think lying and cheating would not be the morals that CBP would want in their officers.
                    ZIP code rule?

                    jk
                    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D22 View Post
                      Maybe Merlin or Barnaj can help me out with this. WHY is there so much cheating on spouses going on down at FLETC? And WHY do supervisors allow it and accomidate it when they get home? Where is the "integrety"? Sorry, but I would think lying and cheating would not be the morals that CBP would want in their officers.
                      those are all personal issues not related to the job. if a person wants to cheat then that's his/her choice. i agree that it sucks but it happens in every profession. heck bill clinton even cheated on his wife.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                        ZIP code rule?

                        jk
                        Really is nothing to joke about. Our family, and 15 yr. marriage has been destroyed, and I have a very brokenhearted 9 yr. old! Now they work together and it seems like the supervisors go out of their way to make sure they are working at the same time!
                        Her divorce was final last month. We have to wait til Dec. for ours to be final and it has been Hell! He does not follow any of the judges orders because he thinks he doesn't have to because he is a Fed. Last time i checked, Fedral Law Enforcement Officers still have to follow the law!

                        Comment


                        • Beats me as to why there's so much adultery, infidelity and just general sexual stupidity going on at FLETC. It's there though.

                          As far as management goes, I've never see management "allow" or "accommodate" it. I've never seen management take much of a stand on it in any direction. I'm not sure what management can do about it though. It's not illegal. It's done during off-hours(let's hope), and it's done privately(yeah, right.).

                          Ultimately, it's up to the Officers involved to behave like grown men and women and not sex-crazed spring-breakers. Most behave themselves, but there is always the few who don't.

                          Much is the same with alcohol. There's always the few who can't seem to walk away from the bottle before an issue develops.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ask80 View Post
                            those are all personal issues not related to the job. if a person wants to cheat then that's his/her choice. i agree that it sucks but it happens in every profession. heck bill clinton even cheated on his wife.
                            OK. Let me rephrase my question then. Is it CBP rule that a supervisor should accomidate 2 officers scheduling so that they can have the exact same shifts?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Beats me as to why there's so much adultery, infidelity and just general sexual stupidity going on at FLETC. It's there though.

                              As far as management goes, I've never see management "allow" or "accommodate" it. I've never seen management take much of a stand on it in any direction. I'm not sure what management can do about it though. It's not illegal. It's done during off-hours(let's hope), and it's done privately(yeah, right.).

                              Ultimately, it's up to the Officers involved to behave like grown men and women and not sex-crazed spring-breakers. Most behave themselves, but there is always the few who don't.

                              Much is the same with alcohol. There's always the few who can't seem to walk away from the bottle before an issue develops.
                              Technically, in MI it IS illegal!!! Adultry is still a felony, and still on the books!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D22 View Post
                                Really is nothing to joke about. Our family, and 15 yr. marriage has been destroyed, and I have a very brokenhearted 9 yr. old! Now they work together and it seems like the supervisors go out of their way to make sure they are working at the same time!
                                Her divorce was final last month. We have to wait til Dec. for ours to be final and it has been Hell! He does not follow any of the judges orders because he thinks he doesn't have to because he is a Fed. Last time i checked, Fedral Law Enforcement Officers still have to follow the law!
                                I'm really sorry. I was just messing around. Didnt mean to offend.
                                Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 10-28-2009, 11:55 PM.
                                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7195 users online. 209 members and 6986 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X