Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone, I was wondering how come all the hiring is being done only in the SW. I thought they had Border Patrol for that specific reason. Eventhough I do know for the need on the border for us ( Customs Agents) "wink wink"

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
      I was not calling you Milton, just made me think the way they handeled his situation. It would not surprise me if MHC had "The Bob's" working for them up there!
      No worries mate! I certainly deserved it. It's all in fun, and if Milton was the worst thing I had ever been called, then I definitely would not have the grit to put up with this God-awful process. I had a pretty good chuckle when I read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akito View Post
        hello everyone, I was wondering how come all the hiring is being done only in the SW. I thought they had Border Patrol for that specific reason. Eventhough I do know for the need on the border for us ( Customs Agents) "wink wink"
        WTF Over? There are so many things wrong with this I'm just going to walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          So a buddy of mine at work did a favor for one of his uncles here in the Sunshine State (some of the uncle's tools went missing from his fenced in backyard, and the uncle suspects a neighbor who wanted to borrow said tools took them). On the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement website, you can run a background check on anyone in the state for $25.00.

The uncle's neighbor it turns out has 7-8 different aliases and has a wrap sheet a mile that includes Grand Theft Auto and a bunch of other crimes.

Just wondering if any of my fellow Florida residents (or any of you who have similar agencies in your State) knew/know whether or not the background investigators ever use these as part of their "investigation".

Seems like a logical thing to check when doing a BI on someone in my opinion.
          The background investigator does not need to use a commercial service. They have access to the databases directly.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
            WTF Over? There are so many things wrong with this I'm just going to walk away.
            GOOD! walk away. - 1 in TSU

you wouldn't make it at FLETC with that attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post

What's so wrong for pointing out how greatly misinformed someone is about a job they have applied for? By the way, robeans has been on the job as an officer for about a year. Think before you speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                What's so wrong for pointing out how greatly misinformed someone is about a job they have applied for? By the way, robeans has been on the job as an officer for about a year. Think before you speak.
                Thought he was walking away from becoming an officer. I can write what I want. This is a forum, not a federal court.

STOP Policing this site thoughless.

Comment

• You're the one who said he wouldn't survive FLETC with that attitude (-1 in TSU) when in fact he has already been through it. I was just pointing out something wrong in your comment. I wouldn't call that policing. Not sure why you took offense to what I said. You're gonna need to grow some thicker skin if you want to survive in this career. Get a grip.
                  Last edited by Thoughtless; 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post

Actually he is a CBP Officer. The TSU number will stay the same.
                    TO: 4/09/09
                    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Akito View Post
                      hello everyone, I was wondering how come all the hiring is being done only in the SW. I thought they had Border Patrol for that specific reason. Eventhough I do know for the need on the border for us ( Customs Agents) "wink wink"
                      For the love of god please do me one, tiny little favor the next time you wish to post: Proofread your post before hitting the "Submit Reply" button. "Eventhough" is two words, not one smashed together into one, disgusting abomination. As well, your syntax and grammar usage is atrocious...not to mention your lack of punctuation skills.

Now, back to your question:"I was wondering how come all the hiring is being done only in the SW?"

Answer: Hiring is being done on a continual basis for both the southern and northern borders, and will continue to do so until the current pipeline of applicants has been exhausted. Then guess what happens? Another announcement will open up, and the cycle will repeat itself, much as it has since the inception of both the Border Patrol and hiring in general within the federal government. Just because you have not read about applicants being hired for the northern border (either in this forum of in others), or stations other than those located in the SW, does not mean that this is not occurring! Fewer than 5% of Border Patrol Agent applicants are aware of this forum (or the Honorfirst forum), which means that you are not being made aware of what is happening to the other 95%; some of whom are being hired daily for stations other than those in the SW.
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                        Actually he is a CBP Officer. The TSU number will stay the same.
                        Thanks Khue. Thoughtless already gave me this information. I am sorry to the entire thread that a made such a Vidal mistake. Please I beg for your forgiveness. I will not let this happen again. If you see a three foot panda walking the streets, feel free to smack him in his face.

Thoughtless- i will get a grip

Comment

• Good afternoon, after reading the replies about what I stated on my last post, I would like to apologize to all who took offense by my grammar mistakes. I have enrolled for English 101 at my community college, so by the time I graduate in 4 years, hopefully my phone will ring to get the job.
                          Once again I do apologize for posting great stupidness.

Comment

• cass

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone had any problems with the cass phone line. It wasnt recognizing my info so i thought i had been dropped due to BI. But i contacted my IA adjudicator and she said my file was still pending, so it hadnt been denied or cleared yet. Anyone else have a problem with cass?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Hey all, i was wondering if anyone had any problems with the cass phone line. It wasnt recognizing my info so i thought i had been dropped due to BI. But i contacted my IA adjudicator and she said my file was still pending, so it hadnt been denied or cleared yet. Anyone else have a problem with cass?
                              I logged on just fine.
                              TO: 4/09/09
                              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                              TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                                So a buddy of mine at work did a favor for one of his uncles here in the Sunshine State (some of the uncle's tools went missing from his fenced in backyard, and the uncle suspects a neighbor who wanted to borrow said tools took them). On the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement website, you can run a background check on anyone in the state for $25.00.

The uncle's neighbor it turns out has 7-8 different aliases and has a wrap sheet a mile that includes Grand Theft Auto and a bunch of other crimes.

Just wondering if any of my fellow Florida residents (or any of you who have similar agencies in your State) knew/know whether or not the background investigators ever use these as part of their "investigation".

Seems like a logical thing to check when doing a BI on someone in my opinion.
                                EVERYTHING is checked. You are going through the same BI as a person obtaining a top secret clearance, except no clearance will be granted.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10654 users online. 398 members and 10256 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X