X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys,

Just wondering on the following:

When is the next CBP Officer exam?

What are the requirements? Educational, Age min, Age Max, etc..
    "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
      Hey Guys,

Just wondering on the following:

When is the next CBP Officer exam?

What are the requirements? Educational, Age min, Age Max, etc..
      The requirements are that you have the patience of a mummified corpse from the Early Kingdom.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• So that tells me that the exam is not any time soon.
        "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
          So that tells me that the exam is not any time soon.
          We arn't sure. They have to feel the need for new recruits in a given area. JFK hasn't hired anyone since March - and there are 4 people on this forum alone waiting for an entry date. In general about 4% of TSU potential recruits come to this forum. That leaves about 96 other kids in TSU waiting just for JFK who have passed all requirements. Add to that the "I don't want to know how many" people who are in the clearing process and those who have taken the test and are waiting for a TO and I'm not sure I can count that high.

Hiring is set to be slow for the next 2 years and, like I said, it has been 7 going on 8 months since JFK hired a single person. International traffic is stagnating to boot.

Keep watching these boards for movement, though. I have been wrong about everything I've thought about this job so far, especially when I think about it too hard. That has both helped and hurt me throughout the process.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hey!

<-------- Milton is good people; just mumbly and a tad misunderstood is all...

Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
            You mean this guy???

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              heard it from the TSU lady with my own ears. I was pulled to re do my fitness and I called because they had my TSU date as September 2009 when it's really April 2009. I called to check and asked about the mix up and where I was in line and she said they had about 2000 in TSU and that April of 2009 would put me at the front but at this time we "have no funded positions"
              I called about a month ago so those numbers could be higher.
              Thanks for the clarification, even though I took some ribbing for my "extrapolating." I AM NOT MILTON!! That isn't exactly great news though about the number in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                I've seen the TSU number for August and although it wasn't quite as high as 2000 it was roughly in that ballpark.

It's not a really useful number anyway, especially as it relates to applicants. A lot of those TSU slots are filled by people sitting on IEA, BPA, state/local, et. al. jobs. Much of those "waiting" really aren't; they already have a job they're not leaving. They simply have a TSU slot they're ultimately going to turn down. Out of those 2000 TSU positions, probably less than half of them are truly serious candidates for hire. The rest are simply going through the motions.

Thanks Merlin. I like your answer best. Plus, you didn't call me Milton, so that was nice too

Comment

• So I get a call yesterday.....not "the call" a call from Virginia.

CHS for another drug test. It caught me off guard because I was told that my DT has been expired, however, I remained in TSU. I was taken out for my expired PT. Maybe they want to make sure I'm not using the hippie lettuce or anything else before they call me with an offer.

I think that maybe I'm so desperate, I'm looking waaayyy too much into this! I go in tomorrow morning, stay tuned.
                  Written Test: 3/08
                  NOR: 4/08
                  TO: 4/08
                  Medical: 4/08
                  Fitness: 6/08
                  VBT: 6/08
                  Met with investigator: 10/08
                  Received NOPA: 11/08
                  Won appeal: 3/09
                  TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                  New fitness: 7/28/09
                  Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• So a buddy of mine at work did a favor for one of his uncles here in the Sunshine State (some of the uncle's tools went missing from his fenced in backyard, and the uncle suspects a neighbor who wanted to borrow said tools took them). On the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement website, you can run a background check on anyone in the state for $25.00.

The uncle's neighbor it turns out has 7-8 different aliases and has a wrap sheet a mile that includes Grand Theft Auto and a bunch of other crimes.

Just wondering if any of my fellow Florida residents (or any of you who have similar agencies in your State) knew/know whether or not the background investigators ever use these as part of their "investigation".

Seems like a logical thing to check when doing a BI on someone in my opinion.
                    CBP written test Miami, FL
                    11/10/2007
                    NOR letter 01/16/2008
                    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                    9/4/2009
                    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                    never got first)
                    qualifications completed
                    BI interview 9/30/2009
                    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                    poly: Mar 2011
                    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      The requirements are that you have the patience of a mummified corpse from the Early Kingdom.
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ive been on this forum for 3 f'n years and that might just be the funniest thing i've ever read on here!!!! AHAHAHAAHAHA!!!
                      Ohhhhh geez, im delerious!

Comment

• The other day I came across the original job posting I applied for in 2007 for CBP and one of the things mentioned was that you had to get up to the GS-11 pay before being able to apply for other positions such as K9 or various investigative units.

Sounds like there will be more waiting to do once we're in.

Oh well, another day spent waiting in the hamster wheel until then..

At least my 401k and my stocks have started to bounce back to pre-real estate bubble burst levels. Yay!

I hope they bring Homeland Security USA back in January. I liked that show a lot, and yes, whoever mentioned it being a spin off of the Australian show of a simliar name was correct, the same people are behind it (or collaborating with the Yanks that made it). Watching the different scenarios gets me stoked about the job and I know its something I would love to do and would be very good at it. I can smell bs a mile away.
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ive been on this forum for 3 f'n years and that might just be the funniest thing i've ever read on here!!!! AHAHAHAAHAHA!!!
                          Ohhhhh geez, im delerious!
                          Easy there barnaj. It wasn't that funny.
                          I think I know why you have been on here for 3 years. CBP got a hold of your high-school year book picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                            Easy there barnaj. It wasn't that funny.
                            I think I know why you have been on here for 3 years. CBP got a hold of your high-school year book picture.
                            And this is what i look like now.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              And this is what i look like now.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....keep your cell phone by you, just in case, juuuust in case!!!!
                              TO-6/16/08
                              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                                Plus, you didn't call me Milton, so that was nice too
                                I was not calling you Milton, just made me think the way they handeled his situation. It would not surprise me if MHC had "The Bob's" working for them up there!
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4115 users online. 202 members and 3913 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X