Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    You chose to apply for the position, no one forced you to apply. If you don't want to the job, call them and withdraw.
    You have to cut the guy some slack!! What do we all say on here?? Dont stop your life, enjoy vacations and the job will be waiting when you get back! They gave him 2 days ( which is normal for a drug test) but you cant fault the guy for "living while waiting"!!!! You need to call them and explain the circumstances!!! They will probably reschedule you. Best of luck!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
      Alameda County, Oakland, Sac County, Sac Metro, SJCSO and Stanislaus County. What blew my mind was that Oakland was not hiring! Just months before moving back to Cali, my brother said they had billboards all over the Bay Area promoting to join OPD.
      Cali seems to be full in all areas according to this forum!! you need to move into a less populated and higher crime area like New Orleans!!! I'm just sayin'!!!

      Comment


      • Hellllooooo Barnaj, where are youuuuuuu????? I havent heard your comments in awhile!! Did you get that "call' and forgot about us trash dwellers??? I'm missing you!!!!

        Comment


        • BTW... Your picture looks like the principal in Billy Madison!!! LOL!!


          [/QUOTE]

          LMAO....I never thought of that!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
            Hellllooooo Barnaj, where are youuuuuuu????? I havent heard your comments in awhile!! Did you get that "call' and forgot about us trash dwellers??? I'm missing you!!!!
            Haha, no i wish! Trust me if i got the call i'd let you all know and then forget about you!
            Seriously, nah, just dont come on too much during the weekend as nobody usually posts much plus im usually out doing one thing or another. Plus someone else getting bad news about his NOPA is just more depressing news. Been waiting for the floodgates to open and good news to come pouring in, but just hasnt happened yet. Goooooooo LIONS!!!
            Oh wait, they gotta bye this week...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
              Alameda County, Oakland, Sac County, Sac Metro, SJCSO and Stanislaus County. What blew my mind was that Oakland was not hiring! Just months before moving back to Cali, my brother said they had billboards all over the Bay Area promoting to join OPD.
              I was interested in Federal LE from the start, but I was told that San Diego Police, Oakland Police and the California Department of Corrections are ALWAYS hiring. What a difference a year or two makes. California Department of Correction has canceled all Academy dates and Oakland and San Diego both have hiring freezes.

              Lesson learned: things change and are out of our control. This economy thing will come back around, stay patient.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Haha, no i wish! Trust me if i got the call i'd let you all know and then forget about you!
                Seriously, nah, just dont come on too much during the weekend as nobody usually posts much plus im usually out doing one thing or another. Plus someone else getting bad news about his NOPA is just more depressing news. Been waiting for the floodgates to open and good news to come pouring in, but just hasnt happened yet. Goooooooo LIONS!!!
                Oh wait, they gotta bye this week...
                I was just checking on you!! BTW.... if you dont have anyone to cheer for, try cheering for the Saints!!! We have NEVER had a team this good before, EVER!!!! We always sucked year after year, so cheer for the underdog PLEASE!!!

                GO SAINTS!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                  Alameda County, Oakland, Sac County, Sac Metro, SJCSO and Stanislaus County. What blew my mind was that Oakland was not hiring! Just months before moving back to Cali, my brother said they had billboards all over the Bay Area promoting to join OPD.
                  Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 10:26 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                    I was just checking on you!! BTW.... if you dont have anyone to cheer for, try cheering for the Saints!!! We have NEVER had a team this good before, EVER!!!! We always sucked year after year, so cheer for the underdog PLEASE!!!

                    GO SAINTS!!!
                    Well i like the Saints, they are fun too watch even though they kick Detroit's rear end every year!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Merlin was wrong.

                      There are currently TASERS in the field within OFO on what is currently a limited basis, mostly if not exclusively on the southern border.
                      http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....ews&id=1336191

                      Yeah, more than likely for the southwest guys down there!

                      Comment


                      • Eventually, all are supposed to be getting tasers.

                        What that really means overall...much like the implementation of 6C/12D retirement and GS-12's...is open to interpretation.

                        Comment


                        • This GS-12 upgrade might actually increase hiring in the short term.

                          GS-12's make well more than 2X the overtime money per hour than that which GS-05's make. Any OFO/port looking to cut it's OT budget can far easier fill it's OT slots with GS-05's making less than 30 bucks an OT hour as opposed to GS-12's making $65 an OT hour.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LSExplorer22 View Post
                            Hello all. It has been a while since I have posted on here. I was fortunate enough to get "the call". I have waited 6 years for it to happen in a law enforcement position (not just CBP). I am currently at FLETC for CBP and it was well worth the wait. Some information for those of you out there. There were 71 classes in the fiscal year of 09. Oct 1 08 through Oct 1 09. I have heard while I have been down here from numerous instructors and other personnel that they only have scheduled and set aside for a MAXIMUM of 25 classes for fiscal year 10. Oct 1 09 through Oct 1 10. A class will have no more than 45 - 49 people in it. I wish all of you good luck and it is defitnetaly worth the wait. Fare well.
                            Do you think those classes reflect all the people in TSU or those who have taken the test last in 08?
                            Test: November 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                            VBT 1/21/09-completed
                            Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                            Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                            Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                            BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                            TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

                            Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Axel Foley
                              Hi guys,

                              I apologize if this question has been asked before but I didn't want to go through over 700 pages of forum to look.

                              So, here they are. You can be a CBP officer at 18 correct?
                              What are the differences between CBP officer and agent? They are considered Federal Law enforcement officers right? Since I have both US and Canadian citizenship could I apply while i'm living in Canada rhen move down if I get accepted. Also, what is all the equipment there issued.

                              Sorry about all these questions.
                              I don't think so. I believe it is 23 or something. You need to have a college degree or at least have a few years of applicable service.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                              TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU


                              EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

                              Comment


                              • Actually, there is no minimum age as long as you meet the qualifications.

                                However, there is a residence requirement of at least 3 continuous year in the US.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7800 users online. 191 members and 7609 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X