300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPA= Notice of Proposed Action

Essentially it's CBP telling someone that they're about to find them unsuitable for the job for whatever reason(s).

Depending on the nature of the problem(s), NOPA's range from easily overcome to impossible to beat.

Comment

• Hello all. It has been a while since I have posted on here. I was fortunate enough to get "the call". I have waited 6 years for it to happen in a law enforcement position (not just CBP). I am currently at FLETC for CBP and it was well worth the wait. Some information for those of you out there. There were 71 classes in the fiscal year of 09. Oct 1 08 through Oct 1 09. I have heard while I have been down here from numerous instructors and other personnel that they only have scheduled and set aside for a MAXIMUM of 25 classes for fiscal year 10. Oct 1 09 through Oct 1 10. A class will have no more than 45 - 49 people in it. I wish all of you good luck and it is defitnetaly worth the wait. Fare well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSExplorer22 View Post
        Hello all. It has been a while since I have posted on here. I was fortunate enough to get "the call". I have waited 6 years for it to happen in a law enforcement position (not just CBP). I am currently at FLETC for CBP and it was well worth the wait. Some information for those of you out there. There were 71 classes in the fiscal year of 09. Oct 1 08 through Oct 1 09. I have heard while I have been down here from numerous instructors and other personnel that they only have scheduled and set aside for a MAXIMUM of 25 classes for fiscal year 10. Oct 1 09 through Oct 1 10. A class will have no more than 45 - 49 people in it. I wish all of you good luck and it is defitnetaly worth the wait. Fare well.

I sure hope this isnt true!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSExplorer22 View Post
          Hello all. It has been a while since I have posted on here. I was fortunate enough to get "the call". I have waited 6 years for it to happen in a law enforcement position (not just CBP). I am currently at FLETC for CBP and it was well worth the wait. Some information for those of you out there. There were 71 classes in the fiscal year of 09. Oct 1 08 through Oct 1 09. I have heard while I have been down here from numerous instructors and other personnel that they only have scheduled and set aside for a MAXIMUM of 25 classes for fiscal year 10. Oct 1 09 through Oct 1 10. A class will have no more than 45 - 49 people in it. I wish all of you good luck and it is defitnetaly worth the wait. Fare well.
          Sounds right. That's about 1000 hires for 12 months maximum, mostly to replace attrition on the Southern and Northern borders. Def missed the boat on this one.

Good luck, man.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by tmartinez91084 View Post
            Notice of Proposed Action, if I recall correctly. You get this when they feel something is not right, such as a failed vision or hearing test.
            NOPAs are given because of an issue or issues concerning an applicant's suitability (read: background investigation). They are not given for medical issues. Failure of a vision or hearing (or for that matter anything physically related) will garner an applicant a NMC (not medically cleared) letter. In either case it will cause anywhere from a 6 month to 1 year (or possibly longer) additional wait for an applicant to reach TSU. This of course will only apply if the applicant in question is able to overcome whatever physical malady, or red flag in connection to their background investigation, which caused the issuance of the NMC or NOPA letter.
            sigpicTwo is one,
            one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
              Well I finally got my letter from cbp for my nopa and background. I was found unsuitable in the background and my application was withdrawn.

I had a nopa for marijuana use 9 years ago. They wanted 10 years clean. I chose to proceed and now about 6 months later I am disqualified.

If anyone else has a similar issue don't take my route and hope for the best. Well hopefully my honesty and integrity will pay off with some local pd's.

Take care.
              Did they specifically say "10 years clean"? Were you a minor? What did you do for the appeal? Did you write a letter? And how long did it take to get the final letter? I don't even know why I ask, I have no chance.

Comment

• How involved one's drug use is, one's age and just exactly what one uses plays a great deal into the timeline for NOPAs.

In a case of "experimental" usage, it might be possible to beat a NOPA 3 years out. It looks like "experimental" usage didn't fly here...4 years, 50 times, et. al. Outside of "experimental" usage, expect a 10 year window of "cleanliness".

Comment

• When does someone usually receive a NOPA?? Before or after they meet with the investigator or is it after the security office gets the report back from the investigator? That is where I am in the process but I have not received a NOPA "yet" and just wondering if I will. Thanks in advance!!

Geaux Tigers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                    I sure hope this isnt true!!!
                    I'm sure it is true. I'm sure that FLETC requires each branch to make some sort of "guesstimated" reservations in advance for the classes they might need for the fiscal year to come. The instructors probably have a good idea of what their work load will be for the next 6 months. Thats just me talking so what do I know!!!

BTW... Your picture looks like the principal in Billy Madison!!! LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                      Well I finally got my letter from cbp for my nopa and background. I was found unsuitable in the background and my application was withdrawn.

I had a nopa for marijuana use 9 years ago. They wanted 10 years clean. I chose to proceed and now about 6 months later I am disqualified.

If anyone else has a similar issue don't take my route and hope for the best. Well hopefully my honesty and integrity will pay off with some local pd's.

Take care.
                      I am sorry to hear that. If you can get any consolation from words, then I hope this helps. Everything happens (or doesn't) for a reason. Believe me, I was never one to buy that sort of mumbo-jumbo, but I've had things happen in my life that couldn't be explained or denied by any other means. This process has probably steered you in a direction or provided you with an experience you wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. Forge ahead, my man, and don't look back. Honesty is nothing to be ashamed of and neither are mistakes. You're going to be fine, where ever you land. Good luck and take care.

Comment

• So I missed my drug test due to my flight being delayed... my second drug test. As most of you know im in TSU already and have been for the past 7 months. I plan on calling them Monday morning to see what I can do.

Honestly I am tired of waiting for this job and its been thrown to the wayside a while ago, but I would still like to know if they are going to ditch me and waste all the money they have put into my application. So, anyone been dropped entirely for this? I mean really, give me two days to show up to a **** test and I dont even work for you nor are you even showing that you will be hiring anytime in the near future.

Comment

• You chose to apply for the position, no one forced you to apply. If you don't want to the job, call them and withdraw.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                            BTW... Your picture looks like the principal in Billy Madison!!! LOL!!

That made my day! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                              I am sorry to hear that. If you can get any consolation from words, then I hope this helps. Everything happens (or doesn't) for a reason. Believe me, I was never one to buy that sort of mumbo-jumbo, but I've had things happen in my life that couldn't be explained or denied by any other means. This process has probably steered you in a direction or provided you with an experience you wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. Forge ahead, my man, and don't look back. Honesty is nothing to be ashamed of and neither are mistakes. You're going to be fine, where ever you land. Good luck and take care.
                              I couldnt have said it better!!! That was perfect!! I usually have a lot to say but I cant even add anything to this!! Nice words!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kav View Post
                                P.S. I've interviewed with 3 local PD's and every time I get a letter telling me thanks but no thanks. (I scored a 93 out of 100 on my civil service exam and speak chinese fluently)

What towns/areas did you apply for out of curiousity? I'm from Danvers and i'll be applying to local PD's soon.
                                Alameda County, Oakland, Sac County, Sac Metro, SJCSO and Stanislaus County. What blew my mind was that Oakland was not hiring! Just months before moving back to Cali, my brother said they had billboards all over the Bay Area promoting to join OPD.
                                Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                                Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                                NOR: 09/2008
                                TO: 09/25/08
                                Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                                Drug Test: 11/2008
                                Oral Board: 12/03/08
                                BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                                Qualifications: 03/17/09
                                Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                                Geo Area: San Francisco County
                                Written:05/26/09
                                T.O.:08/28/09
                                Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                                Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                                Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9724 users online. 445 members and 9279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X