Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Caiman View Post
    I took the exam in august as well for the buffalo sector, I unfortunetely did not score so hot (79). So I'm waiting for the next exam to come up so I can request one of the Southern Borders.
    When I took the exam back in 3/2008 for JFK, I scored really low...I got a 72 and I haven't heard a word from it almost a year later. Maybe around Jan of 09, I decided to sign up for another exam for a different geo location ( I didn't know the score would transfer over ) I got my NOR I think around Feb and recieved a TO on March...went through the entire process...and on Aug 28th, I got my TSU date...
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

    Comment


    • Yoda. You out there? Can we get an update?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
        Yoda. You out there? Can we get an update?
        Yoda is in Officer Candidate School for the Army, i believe. He figured after all this time, you gotta move on and if CBP calls, deal with it then.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
          When I took the exam back in 3/2008 for JFK, I scored really low...I got a 72 and I haven't heard a word from it almost a year later. Maybe around Jan of 09, I decided to sign up for another exam for a different geo location ( I didn't know the score would transfer over ) I got my NOR I think around Feb and recieved a TO on March...went through the entire process...and on Aug 28th, I got my TSU date...
          Yeah i originally scored a 90 back in '06 and have used that score ever since. 90 is a great score for Michigan, as i got a t.o. in a matter of a few weeks.
          Of course im still sitting around waiting, but what can you do?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by drcapp View Post
            You will get a TO offer with that score. Most of the people that say they got score of 100 - 99 - 98 are Lying.
            Hope for the best, expect the worse. Consider that the state of the economy is in a recession and everyone is gunning for a job. People are applying more than ever so naturally there is going to be more competition. More competition means a larger applicant pool where they would have to go through all the 105 to 80 scores just to reach the 70's. My advice to you is apply whenever the next announcement opens up (assume 79 isn't gonna cut it) and do your best. This past year (up to March '09), CBP was on a hiring binge and people were getting TO's within a month or two of getting their NOR's. It was commonplace to see applicants nationwide being sent to FLETC after only being in the process for 6 months. My old co-worker, went from testing to academy in 4 months.

            TSU lines are presently holding people from February/March dates. Heck, I'm still waiting for a TO for CA-SF/OAK from this past April announcement and I scored a 100 (currently in TSU for CA-SW Border). Sure, TO's were still being passed out to critical need areas around the country, but you couldn't tell by looking around here. Until the talking heads get their priorities straight and pass our budget, I don't see much movement going on anytime soon.

            Hopefully I'm wrong, for sanity's sake. It would be nice to see someone, anyone get a call to lift spirits around here.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Yeah i originally scored a 90 back in '06 and have used that score ever since. 90 is a great score for Michigan, as i got a t.o. in a matter of a few weeks.
              Of course im still sitting around waiting, but what can you do?
              I've been sitting on a 90 for 6 months now waiting for a TO for JFK.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Of course im still sitting around waiting, but what can you do?
                Start your OCS selection packet! No word from your adjudicator yet? Weren't you told two weeks ago to expect something last week?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                  Start your OCS selection packet! No word from your adjudicator yet? Weren't you told two weeks ago to expect something last week?
                  Nah, well she said that they were in the process of getting a bunch a flies back from the sups and "hopefully" i'd hear something soon. That could mean another year!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                    I've been sitting on a 90 for 6 months now waiting for a TO for JFK.
                    Sitting on a 100 since this past April's announcement too. Out of curiosity, if you got the call for NY-Other, would you take it? I'm currently in TSU for CA-SW Border, but unfortunately, my priorities have changed since then. Here's hoping our TO's come before the call!

                    Comment


                    • I'm a fellow San Diego TSU'er. Are you changing your geo preference because you were hoping for the call sooner or did you just decide you wanted to be in the Bay Area, closer to Sac? I imagine that vacant positions at Otay, SD, San Ysidro or Tecate will pop up soon. But when I got to TSU in July I told the wife I would be EODing by September, so I know nothing.

                      **Nevermind, you just answered in the previous post**

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                        Sitting on a 100 since this past April's announcement too. Out of curiosity, if you got the call for NY-Other, would you take it? I'm currently in TSU for CA-SW Border, but unfortunately, my priorities have changed since then. Here's hoping our TO's come before the call!
                        As things stand now If I got the call for NY other I would have to turn it down. The only reason I'm keeping it active is just in case s--t really,really hits the fan. Other than that its no longer an option for me and my family.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                          Well today is day 99. I guess I go get a beer tomorrow to celebrate the lack of progress. Or maybe I'll just cry to myself
                          HAPPY 100th DAY!!!!!
                          Congrats on 100 days and counting!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                            HAPPY 100th DAY!!!!!
                            Congrats on 100 days and counting!!!!

                            You guys should feel lucky to be in TSU. I have a feeling when they start making calls to set up 2010 classes, a ton of calls will go out and most of you will probably get a slot.

                            Comment


                            • Today I hit 5 months in TSU!!!! WHY DON'T THE PEOPLE AT THE L.A./ LONG BEACH PORT LOVE MEEEEEE?!? LOL

                              Comment


                              • I just want to get the call before my Fit/Med expires coming up in March...Next Wednesday is going to be day 60 in TSU...
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11463 users online. 396 members and 11067 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X