300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nms51 View Post
    Hi everyone! I have a question. I've completed everything already I'm as many of you just waiting for my EOD. I received a call today from the comprehensive health services but unfortunately I missed it and couldn't get a hold of anybody because they were gone for the day (I'm in California). I passed my Medical and fitness tests this year in March. Does anybody have an idea about this call?? what's it for??
    The comprehensive health services is most likely is for your drug test appointment.
    Forms: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Medical: Completed
    VBT: Completed
    Drug test: Completed
    Quals: Completed - GS-7
    Background Investigation: Completed
    TSU: August 7, 2009
    2nd TSU: August 31, 2010
    Referred to Schedule EOD: September 13, 2010
    EOD: ?
    FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
      the department has all types of G rides.. i know at our port we have Vics, Vans, SUVs, trucks ect..
      I just wondered what they were for. I don't think CBP has an EVOC course in the academy. I just wanted to know who uses them.
      FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
      TEST - 7/21/08 (89) W/O VET
      TO - 9/12/08
      VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
      FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
      DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
      MET BI - 11/08
      GS-7 - 11/14/08
      MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
      BACKGROUND - 8/5/09 CLEARED
      TSU - 8/7/09
      Pulled from TSU for New Fit Test 9/18/09
      NEW FIT TEST - 10/12/09 : PASSED
      Back in TSU again: 10/21/09
      EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by flstate1 View Post
        I just wondered what they were for. I don't think CBP has an EVOC course in the academy. I just wanted to know who uses them.
        Could be a number of things such as transporting a prisoner or driving over to another POE that your port is responsible for. Such as a tiny recreational airport or a ferry dock.

Comment

• Originally posted by flstate1 View Post
          Actually CBP is now offering Pursuit Driver Training in Charleston SC. I believe its 2 weeks of driving. Here at our port we are authorize to chase port runners....which happen often.
          What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Um, they're just marked cars. Cars are for D R I V I N G.

what's all the mystery about CBP marked units???
            Timelines:

CBPO
            App: 2/12/09
            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
            Written: 2/20/09
            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
            App: 5/5/09
            Geo: San Diego
            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
            NOR: 7/20/09
            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
            TO: 10/6/09
            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
            App: 8/17/10
            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Hello everyone. I am new to this site but have been in the CBP process for a while now. I just found this site and I am glad I did, so much information and so many people to compare with. I am also waiting for the buffalo area. I tested back in 08/2008 and completed everything and landed in TSU on 4/21/09 and have been there ever since.
              Exam - July 2008
              NOR - Aug 2008
              T.O. - Dec 2008
              Background Completed - March 2009
              TSU - April 22 2009
              FCRA - March 2010
              Drivers License Form - May 2010
              Back in TSU - June 15 2010
              Poly - January 2011
              2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Originally posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
                Hello everyone. I am new to this site but have been in the CBP process for a while now. I just found this site and I am glad I did, so much information and so many people to compare with. I am also waiting for the buffalo area. I tested back in 08/2008 and completed everything and landed in TSU on 4/21/09 and have been there ever since.
                Feel like saying, "welcome but the party is over".
                Happy 300 posts to me BTW.
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                  Omg, that is funny!!! I see none of us has lost our sense of humor in all of this!!!
                  this is so funny.could not have said it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                    Omg, that is funny!!! I see none of us has lost our sense of humor in all of this!!!
                    this is so funny.could not have said it better.

Comment

• How are my fellow Northern VA guys holding up out there?

I have a question for you guys: does anyone know what the odds are of posted in Norfolk as opposed to Dulles? Is it possible for MHC to call up to post you in Norfolk but you can be like "Uhhh, yeah, I'd prefer Dulles. Call me back when there is an opening for there?" I can't say that I am WHOLLY opposed to going to Norfolk, but my whole life is really in DC. It would totally screw up my plans.

For those guys waiting on Dulles, I am getting in touch with a friend at HQ today to see if he can give us some clue on the expected need for Dulles over the next few months. I will keep you posted.
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Anyway, I keep hearing about this "CALL", not sure I know if those are around anymore. Some say they just got lost in time, others say history repeats itself. So if thats the case it will be all good in the near future.

So everyone get up today, smile and say one more day waiting is just another day.

Sgt.K "Out"
                        Last edited by MP-K-9; 10-22-2009, 08:46 AM. Reason: Dont know.....lol
                        "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by Caiman View Post
                          I took the exam in august as well for the buffalo sector, I unfortunetely did not score so hot (79). So I'm waiting for the next exam to come up so I can request one of the Southern Borders.
                          You will get a TO offer with that score. Most of the people that say they got score of 100 - 99 - 98 are Lying.

Comment

• Suv ?

Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
                            Most of the time SUV's are K-9 Units.
                            All K-9 Handlers get take home G rides.

Reason is the dog is supposed to be able to move around freely in the G ride and rome back and forth.

A. To see the handler
                            B. To alert the handler if someone is approaching the G ride
                            C. To hold all the gear we use.

The normal Crown Vic is alittle to small for all the dog gear and your normal officer gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                              You will get a TO offer with that score. Most of the people that say they got score of 100 - 99 - 98 are Lying.
                              You're right about that. Not to blow my own horn, but I consider myself a pretty smart guy and I could only squeak out an 89%. I was shocked at how hard it was. There were math concepts on that test I hadn't used since high school.
                              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Score

I was happy when I got a "79" I suck in math (and grammer, some times....LOL). Luckly I got an additional "10" point due to my VA Rating. So overall "89".

And still dosnt help with getting in TSU.
                                Last edited by MP-K-9; 10-22-2009, 08:54 AM. Reason: Typo as always

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11320 users online. 432 members and 10888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X