• Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=MP-K-9;2034008]
    Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
    Thats not me!!!
    It was a joke to TXCBP!!
    MP-k-9.... i need some backup here!![/QUOTE

I'll back you up.......

If all of you could see this gals picture you would fall over. I know I'm in Iraq and all that but for real. I dont think I could control myself if I worked with her.......Jk...maybe.

"DAM"........LOL.
    I didnt mean go into that much detail, just to say that lovely woman was not me. Dang, you blew my cover now!!! LOL!! Thanks for the compliments though. A girl could never have too many of those!!! Anyway, looks are not everything, ask my husband, I have a mouth that never shuts up. He puts up with a lot from me, bless his heart!!!

Comment

• I believe TSAWarrior got banned!! He is showing only 2 posts and all the bad ones were removed. Under his name it actually says "banned". Is this something they normally do on this forum?? I guess I havent been on here long enough to witness such an event!! I was getting my popcorn ready for todays round!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
        Sorry Khue!! Just trying to set the record straight. I didnt know if KC12 really thought it was me!!
        With all of your rather vocal support for LSU that thought didn't even enter my mind.

As far as the BI goes. Once your case is assigned out, everything goes quickly, until the adjudication step. Every BI for all of CBP goes through the same office so there is a substantial backlog. Your BI might be short and simple, but someone like me, who had lived in many locations and had several different jobs in the covered period has a much larger packet. So if I'm in line in front of you I'll slow you down. I ordered one of my BI's done by OPM and it is literally 3 inches thick. The CBP one comes on a CD so I don't know how thick it is. 4-7 months really isn't that bad for a federal BI and can actually be considered quick. Since not many people are being hired right now, I wouldn't worry too much about when your clearance is completed, it just means you'll sit in TSU rather than waiting for your BI to clear. I heard NOLA lost a few people recently, but that really isn't a good indicator of if they are hiring. We lost a little less than 1/3 of our port before we received any new hires.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• TSAwarrior- have you ever seen the move falling down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk

Comment

• Little late. He's gone.
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Pretty new to forum but is the new TSU timeline 120-360 days???

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                You slowed down my hiring process, Barnaj!!! You jinxed me! LOL. Come on with the call already.
                Haha, sorry! Normally im good luck for everyone else and only jinx myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                  With all of your rather vocal support for LSU that thought didn't even enter my mind.

As far as the BI goes. Once your case is assigned out, everything goes quickly, until the adjudication step. Every BI for all of CBP goes through the same office so there is a substantial backlog. Your BI might be short and simple, but someone like me, who had lived in many locations and had several different jobs in the covered period has a much larger packet. So if I'm in line in front of you I'll slow you down. I ordered one of my BI's done by OPM and it is literally 3 inches thick. The CBP one comes on a CD so I don't know how thick it is. 4-7 months really isn't that bad for a federal BI and can actually be considered quick. Since not many people are being hired right now, I wouldn't worry too much about when your clearance is completed, it just means you'll sit in TSU rather than waiting for your BI to clear. I heard NOLA lost a few people recently, but that really isn't a good indicator of if they are hiring. We lost a little less than 1/3 of our port before we received any new hires.
                  Well said, the adjudication is what stalls things out. My BI is at the year mark, and thats about right for someone with a more complex life. Anything less, if you ask me, is quick right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post

The investigator finished my file and sent it to the security office on October 12. I guess it gives me a better excuse when people ask me whats going on with the job, "still waiting for the background check to clear" versus " im still in TSU" then having to explain what TSU is!!! I have no contacts here for cbp except a guy who is with the harbor police that works WITH the FBI who tells people he IS the FBI ( I know better and just laugh under my breath), so thanks for the heads up on the NOLA status!!

Comment

• Someone who went to FLETC thought it a good idea to give me one of their coffee cups. I'm sitting here drinking my coffee, on the computer checking CASS for the umphteenth time today, trying to figure out why it would be a good idea to give someone a FLETC coffee cup when they are waiting patiently to get in. hummm!!

Ya gotta love google, they have a picture for everything!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                        So yeah, my BI was quiet extensive and the personal interview with the guy took 2.5 hours instead of the "little over an hour" he quoted me before we met.

I sat with my interviewer for right around 7 hours and my background is rather straight foreword. It only took me two months to get my check mark. I think this was due to the fact that my interviewer took the time to make sure she had everything in order and any questions answered prior to submitting my packet. Did not hurt that the interviewer had held two 1811 jobs prior to contracting out for BIs.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Vacations

Originally posted by when View Post
                          OK I am thinking of getting tickets to go away for the first 2 weeks of december...and this process is making me mad. It would be so nice to have some definate answers instead of the generic "no positions open at this moment" line. I dont want to loose my money if I get the tickets and calls start to go out **although I would be so happy it would be a small price to pay**.But in the same instance I dont want to sit here waiting around and not get the call. Who knows when I will be able to go on vacation again!
                          Yeah, I had the same problem back in August. I went into TSU in May and wanted to leave for a month (August) to travel to Peru. I was worried if I bought my tickets and then received the call that I'd be screwed. I talked with the hiring center and they said that if you get a call and still have vacation plans in the future and airline reservations, usually you just need to show proof you bought them before you got the call and they'll make an exception... and you can go on your trip and enter FLETC when you return... they'll push the dates back if necessary. So, go on your trip. We can't be expected to put our lives on hold for months and months without knowing anything.

Comment

• I called the Internal Affairs office myself today and my packet is still siting on the Directors desk. Well its all good then if the adjudicator didnt get it back quickly.

Also she said that they are geting BI's back everday if it helps any, just non of ours......LOL.
                            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                              The investigator finished my file and sent it to the security office on October 12. I guess it gives me a better excuse when people ask me whats going on with the job, "still waiting for the background check to clear" versus " im still in TSU" then having to explain what TSU is!!! I have no contacts here for cbp except a guy who is with the harbor police that works WITH the FBI who tells people he IS the FBI ( I know better and just laugh under my breath), so thanks for the heads up on the NOLA status!!
                              I don't know! I've been telling people for a year that I'm still waiting for the background to clear. I've tired of the look on their face that says, "What did this freak do to require such a long investigation?" I've settled on this one...

"The entire process has come to a stop. They haven't hired anyone in 9 months."

Usually I just get a sympathetic shake of the head and we move on in the conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                                I don't know! I've been telling people for a year that I'm still waiting for the background to clear. I've tired of the look on their face that says, "What did this freak do to require such a long investigation?"
                                Hahaaa!! I love it!! As crazy as I am (not mentally crazy), I'm sure people will be thinking the same thing behind my back soon, too!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5294 users online. 219 members and 5075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X