300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical and Fitness are done.

Upon arrival at the fitness testing site, I was told that the tape had been destroyed by their tape player earlier in the day, and they wouldn't be able to conduct the test at all. Fortunately, after several calls to CHS, they were able to dig up a CD with the fitness test on it.
    CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Does anyone know what score are they by from the last vacancy openings in march 2008 for CBP?
      Has anyone gotten their TO that took the test this year?

Comment

• is there a cut off for newark in regards to a score? I took the test in march 08 and received an 85 no vet points. I read on a different forum that some ports had a cut off score?

Comment

• I talked to someone who just started in Buffalo a few months ago, he heard the next round of T.O.s from the March test would be going out in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Because Newark is compiled of smart people ONLY, the cut off is at 86 !!!

OK and now on the serious side: 70 is the magic number. People will not make the service because of the scores but: interviews, drug test, medical, physical or they don't pass the BI.
            Last edited by matyoka; 05-07-2008, 11:40 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cjrudy View Post
              I talked to someone who just started in Buffalo a few months ago, he heard the next round of T.O.s from the March test would be going out in the next few weeks.
              Your friend must be working undercover for the Minnesota hiring center !!!
              sigpic

Comment

• I tested march 21st and I got a 95. I hope that what your friend said is true.

Comment

• U are hired !
                  sigpic

Comment

• Sorta Hired....

Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                    U are TENTATIVELY hired !
                    Fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                      U are hired !
                      HAHAHA, funny.

Comment

• Cbpo/bpo Applicant Suggestion

I am facing a retirement from an on duty injury. I will be retired but if you think that is great, you have another thing coming. Please head my suggestion:

1. Max out your TSP, if you can take 15%, have 15% taken out.
                        2. Never take an "Inservice withdrawel", unless your on your deathbed!
                        3. Buying back your post 56 military time is good if you face a regular retirement, in a disability retirement, it means nothing to your annuity, it is based upon 60% of your high three divided by 12 months (1 time a month).
                        4. Your TSP is the only real way to earn real money. A regular retirement for a CBPO with 30 years, as of now, is around $2200.00 prior to deductions. No I am not kinding.
                        5. BPO is a better gig in the long run, more possibilities for assignments, and future investigator jobs, your not stuck at a port of entry, more retirement percentage from the GOV, CBP gets only 1.5% additional, Starting July 6th, 2008, where BP gets more GOV Kick in!
                        6. If offered BPO take it and run... They get AUO 25% of base pay so it works out big time in the pocket.

And not matter what, remember:

believe 25% of what you hear, 50% of what you read, 75% of what you see but, 100% of what you feel! If you think something is wrong, check it out because it most likely is!

Rhino!

Comment

• Originally posted by RHINO6383 View Post
                          I am facing a retirement from an on duty injury. I will be retired but if you think that is great, you have another thing coming. Please head my suggestion:

1. Max out your TSP, if you can take 15%, have 15% taken out.
                          2. Never take an "Inservice withdrawel", unless your on your deathbed!
                          3. Buying back your post 56 military time is good if you face a regular retirement, in a disability retirement, it means nothing to your annuity, it is based upon 60% of your high three divided by 12 months (1 time a month).
                          4. Your TSP is the only real way to earn real money. A regular retirement for a CBPO with 30 years, as of now, is around $2200.00 prior to deductions. No I am not kinding.
                          5. BPO is a better gig in the long run, more possibilities for assignments, and future investigator jobs, your not stuck at a port of entry, more retirement percentage from the GOV, CBP gets only 1.5% additional, Starting July 6th, 2008, where BP gets more GOV Kick in!
                          6. If offered BPO take it and run... They get AUO 25% of base pay so it works out big time in the pocket.

And not matter what, remember:

believe 25% of what you hear, 50% of what you read, 75% of what you see but, 100% of what you feel! If you think something is wrong, check it out because it most likely is!

Rhino!
                          I've talked to numerous BPA'a and CBPO's and 1811's who say that COPRA at a GS11 is a better deal than AUO or LEAP, you don't agree?

What about the new retirement, it's just as good as BP, you don't think so?

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                            all you need is a 70. that's the magic number...
                            The magic number is not 70.
                            when was the last time you heard of anyone getting hired with such a low score? pretty much impossible.
                            They should change the passing score to 80 because that's the real magic number. They don't call anyone under 80, it's like a false hope they give to people under 80.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
                              The magic number is not 70.
                              when was the last time you heard of anyone getting hired with such a low score? pretty much impossible.
                              They should change the passing score to 80 because that's the real magic number. They don't call anyone under 80, it's like a false hope they give to people under 80.
                              I'm pretty sure that any passing score will get you a TO in a few places like some of the SW border crossings and possibly Blaine, WA.

Comment

• Cbpo Vs Bpo

Robeans,

I can only tell you what I know from 17 years with USCS and now CBP.

It's not just money, But the ability to save money and earn more through AUO.

It's also the position of BPO VS CBPO. Respect, possible advancement, future training, federal status as LEO, Equipment, vehicles the whole shooting match.

Retirement is a b-tch and I will tell you from what I am going through right now..... The New CBPO retirement package is much less "kick in", .5 percent per year for the 20 years of your expected period of service.... BPO is much more generous and the chance to progress to many others positions within BP and also outside agencies.... BP is far more respected than CBPO for training and also possible advancement in other LE investigative fields....

Not only this, but CBP has a mental block about doing things in a tactical manner, about spreading our wings, doing more and more.... We still have this mental image of we are just inspectors, lowly bread that we are... In stead of living up to our mission of actually securing our nations borders as LE Officers... Our training is far behind that of BP!

I can only tell you what I have seen... I know BP Guys with unquestioned integrity with $350K homes and they dont have to work a bunch more than regular time, AUO helps a lot. IE: 25% of Basic salary, $65,000 x 25% = $16,250.00 pa, now thats a GS11 something but it wont take long to get to GS 11 anyway.

Can CBPO earn more, yes but its blood money, standing all the time, car after car, same dumb questions over and over, stationary on your feet all day, never enough bodies so OT doing the same stuff for 16 hours gets old quick!

Bad attitudes develope quickly and a management that sometimes can be less than helpful. If Management gets a complaint, YOU ARE GUILTY unless you can prove otherwise.... BP management would fight for you if you are a good Agent, professional. I have seen great, experienced Officers go to the unemployment line for silly, stupid crap! I am not talking about Corrupt Officers! They deserve their own special hell to burn in...

If you want my opinion, here it is:

I was in USCS Inspector academy for 3 days in 1991 when my Wife got a letter from BP saying I was a selectee for a GS-05 BP Agent position. Shoulda-coulda-woulda being what it is.... I would have gone for the BP Job in a Heart Beat!

I calls 'em how I seems um!

Rhino!
                                Last edited by RHINO6383; 05-09-2008, 06:38 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9416 users online. 331 members and 9085 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X