Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, all this bickering is making me miss HTJ.

Anyone out there get a T.O. lately. I've been waiting 6 months for one from JFK with a 90.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
      Man, all this bickering is making me miss HTJ.

Anyone out there get a T.O. lately. I've been waiting 6 months for one from JFK with a 90.
      You better get used to waiting. I see you signed up for the CO test and from the New York forum its seems those guys have been in the process for 2 years AT MINIMUM!!!!

Comment

• How about failing your fitness retake by THREE, yes THREE, lousy sit ups. That's what happened to my husband this week (I've taken over his account here).

He is a carpenter and messed up his back a few days before his fitness redo. We should have pushed back the test but he was convinced he could do it.

Does that mean he would not make a good Customs officer? Please. He's the most dedicated person I know. I've seen some current Customs officers, I don't think they would pass the fitness test as is. It's so frustrating.

On the positive, looks like he just has to call/email MHC to retake the test when he is ready. Not sure where that will put him in line or anything. We'll know more this week hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code Seven
          I never said that you supported the dropping of fitness standards. I merely linked to another thread titled "Sign the petition..."

On the other hand, you are arguing against the new CBP fitness standards. Hmmm....I wonder why? Surely, it's not because you're against the higher standards. Huh! What a quandary, I tell you.

And yet you still failed to answer my original question. What does it mean when fitness standards are not "enforced" throughout one's career? How should that affect the entry standards? Should we just do away with the standards altogether? After all, what's the point of entry standards when we don't have in-service standards, right?

FYI: Situps do have a correlation to serving an arrest warrant. Situps work on your core muscles, which is very, very important when you spend years wearing duty belts and tactical vests full of equipment. Or when you have to stand ready with your gun for a decent period of time. Or when you get into a tussle with the suspect. I can go on and on, but you get the point.

Wow, I am truly embarrassed for you. And you were in the military, no less. Sheesh. Have an ounce of self-respect.

You're "done with this thread"? Okay. good luck to you in your future endeavors in law enforcement. When you get some time on the job, maybe we can talk again.

Personality is also important in U.S. Customs. Arguably, personality is more important than leopord-like killing skills.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Man, all this bickering is making me miss HTJ.
            Code-Seven is like an anti-HTJ. Just as disrespectful but on the opposite end of the spectrum. He thinks we should be para-commandos while HTJ thought we were all like Milton from Office Space.

An element of respect and cordial disagreement wouldn't hurt anyone.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
              How about failing your fitness retake by THREE, yes THREE, lousy sit ups. That's what happened to my husband this week (I've taken over his account here).

He is a carpenter and messed up his back a few days before his fitness redo. We should have pushed back the test but he was convinced he could do it.

Does that mean he would not make a good Customs officer? Please. He's the most dedicated person I know. I've seen some current Customs officers, I don't think they would pass the fitness test as is. It's so frustrating.

On the positive, looks like he just has to call/email MHC to retake the test when he is ready. Not sure where that will put him in line or anything. We'll know more this week hopefully.
              Yeah, very frustrating. I did test with the local PD and I failed the sit up by one. You have to do 32 under one minute. The first down, I didn't put my hand to my head close enough. The maximum was 38. Just practice every chance he get and he will have no problem. After testing with many agencies, I had it to 38 with few seconds to spare. Tell him good luck with the retest.
              Last edited by Khue; 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM.
              TO: 4/09/09
              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
              TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Hmmmm

Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                Bahahaa!!! Im sorry, I know you guys are in the middle of a little tiff but, i love this quote.
                Out off all that stuff you pick that comment.........LMFAO.

Your a bad....bad...."GIRL"......

SGT.K
                "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                  Bring on the higher fitness requirements... I'll be ready.
                  I'm a female in the process for both the US Marshals as well as CBP. Please tell me I'm not reading this right. So we have individuals applying for an LE career (notice I said career, not job) and complaining about fitness requirements? I'm shocked. Maintaininf fit is a condition of employment. Personaly I thin it should remain a condition through out employment. Criminals come in all shapes, size, gender, and all walks of life for that matter. An LE officer, agent or what ever should always be ready for which ever one comes your way. I've seen some CBP Officers when I went to take my VBT. Some actually look like the only exercise they do is checking their online banck account on pay day. I'm sorry, this is disgusting to here the very people I may work amongst one day complain about fitness requirments for an LE career. This one of the reasons why CBP trainees are looked down upon at FLETC by other agencies. Pardon my tone, not directing this to anyone in particular. Dont mean to hit a a low spot towards anyone. I know how people can take things personal. Just putting my thoughts on black and white. I hope we all are ready when the phone rings. Take Care

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                    Bring on the higher fitness requirements... I'll be ready.
                    This is the mind set of a future agent/officer. I wish we all adopt it soon. Because when that phone rings, it'll be too late to start a workout regimen.
                    Dont get ready, be ready.

Comment

• Wow, I was hoping to check this forum and see some "I got the Call posts" but I guess not.

Comment

• Anybody who thinks the typical CBPO works in a "controlled environment" is wrong. Some few areas of airports might have a certain amount of limited control, but even with those it's much more illusionary than real. See what TSA takes in for weapons per year. The rest of CBPO's working the seaports, landborder, and airports outside "secured areas" have zero expectation of "secure". It's fall...and that means hunting season...I've seen numerous of firearms and bows in the last few weeks.

As far as effectively putting together a "blue wave" and completely overwhelming people with officer presence...it's not going to happen in most ports and most situations. Many, if not most ports run with minimum staffing, often that means two Officers. Even in ports who have the staffing, a fat lot of good the "blue wave" theory does when the SHTF in cargo and the majority of the guys are working passenger primary 400 yards and 3 buildings away. They'll arrive just in time to clean up the mess, nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post

Barnaj & Code Seven when they finally make it to FLETC

2,922 post between the two
                          LOL, you're crazy man!!!!
                          TO-6/16/08
                          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Anybody who thinks the typical CBPO works in a "controlled environment" is wrong. Some few areas of airports might have a certain amount of limited control, but even with those it's much more illusionary than real. See what TSA takes in for weapons per year. The rest of CBPO's working the seaports, landborder, and airports outside "secured areas" have zero expectation of "secure". It's fall...and that means hunting season...I've seen numerous of firearms and bows in the last few weeks.

As far as effectively putting together a "blue wave" and completely overwhelming people with officer presence...it's not going to happen in most ports and most situations. Many, if not most ports run with minimum staffing, often that means two Officers. Even in ports who have the staffing, a fat lot of good the "blue wave" theory does when the SHTF in cargo and the majority of the guys are working passenger primary 400 yards and 3 buildings away. They'll arrive just in time to clean up the mess, nothing more.
                            Ok, so I'm wrong. I have assumptions about the job that are incorrect. I can't say that I'm unhappy that my assumptions are incorrect - I wan't to be in Law enforcement, but I've become confused by the schizophrenic review that CBP gets on this board.

I will take my sidearm to the range twice every month and run at least 3 times a week for the job. I'm not suggesting that JFK is liek a police precinct for my own health
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

Comment

• Physical fitness, superb command of the english language; grammar, spelling etc., problem solving skills, an excellent ability to work as an individual and within a team along with great interpersonal skills and deductive reasoning ability are all the trade marks of a good professional; not just LE careers. Therefore looking like Rambo and not possessing the other necessary attributes won't get you far either. We should all try to respectfully disagree without trying to act superior than.
                              I think it is down right funny when someone is looking down on someone else for one set of attributes but they are lacking in other areas.

This forum is for encouragement and to impart knowledge. We all will go through the same process and should be aware of what exactly is required of this job by now. So no need to lecture anyone. For the love of all things right some people on the net should realy log off and take a vacation some time!

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                                You better get used to waiting. I see you signed up for the CO test and from the New York forum its seems those guys have been in the process for 2 years AT MINIMUM!!!!
                                Yeah 2-5 years is what I've been hearing.

I've got a lot of horses in the race. I maxed out the character limit on the sig. All I need is a bunch of carrots and sticks.
                                Last edited by imlikeaninja; 10-19-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4057 users online. 214 members and 3843 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X