Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why on a Friday do these things happen to me?

I retook my fitness on Monday the 5th of October. They told me I passed (actually said they have never failed anyone at this particular place). From what I can tell I scored at least 100.

So, today I check the hotline and cass to see where I am at and it says I'm not recognized? Glitch? Do they pull you completely for a day or two before putting you back in TSU?

Any ideas? I hate this!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Well if you need a job for now, take one. You dont know if/when CBP will call you. If you got to quit a month later, so what? Gotta look out for yourself. If its a future BI issue you're worried about just give them the facts, they'll understand.
      yeah, I do have a per diem slot at an EMS agency by me. Unfortunately, even if i wanted to work full time, i'd have to take a pay cut, which is being paid by unemployment, and I can't afford to.

I'll cross that bridge when unemployment runs dry. Worse comes to worse, NJ will pay for police academy alternate route.

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
        This is the last I will comment on this.. cause this is not an argument,and were here for support... 1st damn you can type LOL.. I take it your an officer? if so what??.. your on the line? maybe in secondary?? and officer will have no clue of the REAL process of hiring.. unless you work out of Washington or MHC.. or up stairs ... chiefs etc.. if your an officer.. stick to immigration and customs answers.. not the hiring process.. I talk cause.,., again.. I get a little of the scoop about what happens up stairs.. anyway... GO YANKEES!!!!

The only comment I will make is this. Be careful what you are posting about what you “hear” from your wife. Chances are she is not supposed to be telling you what she “hears”. The officers on here do know quite a bit about the hiring process. Some actually may be involved in it depending upon where they work.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
          Why on a Friday do these things happen to me?

I retook my fitness on Monday the 5th of October. They told me I passed (actually said they have never failed anyone at this particular place). From what I can tell I scored at least 100.

So, today I check the hotline and cass to see where I am at and it says I'm not recognized? Glitch? Do they pull you completely for a day or two before putting you back in TSU?

Any ideas? I hate this!
          Hard to say. It's a known fact that if you are dropped from employment consideration, you disappear from cass without warning. When is the last time you checked cass and were able to access it? On the other hand the sytem could have been down, but dont think it woulda told you that phrase about not being recognized. Are you not in cass via phone or internet?

Comment

Hard to say. It's a known fact that if you are dropped from employment consideration, you disappear from cass without warning. When is the last time you checked cass and were able to access it? On the other hand the sytem could have been down, but dont think it woulda told you that phrase about not being recognized. Are you not in cass via phone or internet?

I was able to check cass earlier this morning. It showed pending for fitness. Hotline didn't recognize me as of yesterday (I thought it was just down). Cass switched at some point today to not recognizing me.

I sent an email to Minneapolis. I can't imagine anything other than a glitch. Like I said, I know I was over 100. Would have done better but my back was out of whack.

Trying not to let it affect my weekend. Monday can't come soon enough.

Comment

I was able to check cass earlier this morning. It showed pending for fitness. Hotline didn't recognize me as of yesterday (I thought it was just down). Cass switched at some point today to not recognizing me.

I sent an email to Minneapolis. I can't imagine anything other than a glitch. Like I said, I know I was over 100. Would have done better but my back was out of whack.

Im not trying to be a dark cloud, but i dont sugar coat stuff either. If i HAD to guess, and its just guess work, I'd say that you got dropped. I only say that because the hotline doesn't have you onboard yesterday and now today the online doesn't either. Maybe the results werent as good as you thought or something came up in a different part of your pre-employment process. Or it could be something as simple as you mistyping your app i.d. or something. I wish you the best, but something isn't right. Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

• Originally posted by sag227 View Post
                I've been lurking around this forum since I first got the bible-sized packet to fill out back in February.

I didn't think much of this job...kinda unemployed, looking for a job, stumbled upon it, gave it a shot...this was Nov '08

I found a job in february (and ironically, got my tentative notice that same day). I gave it some thought, and even though I'm going to have to move from NJ to "Northern VA", I made up my mind that "i grew up to be a CBPO officer". Then I lost my job after my BI investigator came to my place of employment.

Well, here I am now. Sitting in the TSU since Sept. I really started to pay more attention to this forum when I got that stomach blowing e-mail stating the lack of vacancies.

So i'm back to where I started. I'm unemployed. I'm afraid of getting a job and quitting a month later, especially with my history of being at 7 different jobs in 7 years.

So I just wanted to come out of the shadows and say Hi, and share with the frustrations we all have, and to hopefully to find out if we're going to have a job soon!

Take care, and be safe out there!
                Hey SAG. Welcome to our little support group. I'm a Northern VA guy myself. Sounds like we're leading similar existences; I'm waiting things out up at my family home in Boston doing per diem substitute teaching.

When did you test?
                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it too much over the weekend. Mine did that once and it took 2 days to get back up. Don't expect anything to change on cass cause no pretty green checks came up on mine that wasn't there before, but I wouldn't get worried about it just yet.

Barnaj stop scaring the babies again!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                    You need to know the difference between "your" and "you're." Also, while you're at it, know the difference between "were" and "we're." Oh, and by the way, you have a bad attitude!!
                    Now you're just insulting people. I never cap or use apostrophe when Im on here!!! I know what its like when you know the answer to something and people are telling you you're wrong. It sucks, so cut the guy a break please. We need as many insiders as we can on here!! Im just saying!! OOPS I mean "I'm"!! Couldnt have you critiquing my english considering I minored in it!!

Comment

Try glucosomine!!! Its a winner on this thread!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                        Well...all I can say is....I don't need 5 bedrooms. 2 bedrooms is plenty.
                        But to each his own.
                        Depends on the size of his family,too!! I have a husband and 2 kids, one girl, one boy! That puts me at 3 bed minimum. Then there is the little problem of a snoring husband who gets sent to the 4th bedroom when I need my beauty sleep!!
                        The 5th bedroom means inlaws!! I mean come on, you gotta give the guy that one!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                          I wouldn't worry about it too much over the weekend. Mine did that once and it took 2 days to get back up. Don't expect anything to change on cass cause no pretty green checks came up on mine that wasn't there before, but I wouldn't get worried about it just yet.

Barnaj stop scaring the babies again!!!
                          Sorry, sorry, sorry!! Just seems odd. If it was one or the other, I'd say glitch. But both and a day apart?? Hmmmm, have to see what next week brings on this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                            I would have to agree. Then again after eating some of the stuff I've had to eat over the years my standards are pretty low. The only days I thought the food was not good was the weekends. I always went off center to eat on on the weekends.
                            GRRREEEAAATT!!! Born and raised in New Orleans where the food is always a plus!! I guess I will lose that extra 20lbs at FLETC!! Oh wait, its a fat farm and you get paid for it?? Sign me up!!!

Comment

Sorry, sorry, sorry!! Just seems odd. If it was one or the other, I'd say glitch. But both and a day apart?? Hmmmm, have to see what next week brings on this case.
                              SSSHHH! Let him have his weekend!! Dont make him a member of alcoholics anonymous just yet!!!!

Comment

I wouldnt mind rolling with that blonde Andrea from "Police Women of Broward County"!
                                Come on Barnaj..... She is beautiful but the job has made her very.....well...manlyish!!! I cant watch that show even though I'm female. She gets on my last nerve. Just cause you work with a bunch of men, doesnt mean you have to act like one. Im waiting for her to spit a big loogy soon enough!! I hope you have better standards than that. If not, I'll hook you up with someone...I have a great talent in that department!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8345 users online. 263 members and 8082 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X