Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are killing me, with your 45 day background investigations. I know I shouldn't worry, but I'm starting to think there is a problem. Or my file fell behind somebody's desk.
    ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
    July 09 Oral Board
    Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      You guys are killing me, with your 45 day background investigations. I know I shouldn't worry, but I'm starting to think there is a problem. Or my file fell behind somebody's desk.
      Even though mine was quick, once I finished everything, I just put it out of my mind and went on with life. I had a good job and was pretty comfortable with life. The system is so unpredictable it's just not worth getting to wrapped up about. With that said though, if you know your background is good, then start planning the basics, like looking for a place to live if your moving, stuff like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
        It is the standard Illinois Agility Tesy used by FLETC. Exact details can be seen at...

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/illinois.htm
        Thanks so much!

Comment

• So when you go to Training do you get time to come home and get your stuff or do u have to bring it all to training... just wondering bc I live in Buffalo and my T.O is Miami So i have my car and motorcycle and all my other stuff to bring

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloStyles View Post
            So when you go to Training do you get time to come home and get your stuff or do u have to bring it all to training... just wondering bc I live in Buffalo and my T.O is Miami So i have my car and motorcycle and all my other stuff to bring
            The quick answer is no. The government doesn't care if you live 5 or 1500 miles from your POE.

I'm moving for my EOD, but not as far as you, but here's what I'm doing, I'm taking all my crap, putting into storage, then either staying in a long stay hotel or mooching off friends for the 2 weeks at my port before FLETC. Then at FLETC you'll earn a couple of days of leave and your port should give you the days to get your crap straight before coming back.

I loved the military because you got 10 days of free leave to settle into your new base. No such love for the GS's though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloStyles View Post
              So when you go to Training do you get time to come home and get your stuff or do u have to bring it all to training... just wondering bc I live in Buffalo and my T.O is Miami So i have my car and motorcycle and all my other stuff to bring
              You can make arrangements with your port to get your moving done after the academy, or you can try to do it during one of your weekends during pre academy.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                You can make arrangements with your port to get your moving done after the academy, or you can try to do it during one of your weekends during pre academy.
                What is the pre academy schedule like? I'm assuming it's an 8 hour shift every day, with weekends off. Am I correct?

Comment

• Miami, I can't speak for other ports but thats how it was for me.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Seems like it's the same all over. 8 hrs of watching and learning some basic aspects of the job. Now and then some shooting and self defense just to get a taste of what your next 20 years will be like. Also it gives people a chance to change careers... there are people who will not like the stamping booths.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
                      What is the pre academy schedule like? I'm assuming it's an 8 hour shift every day, with weekends off. Am I correct?

Much of the information presented in the pre academy is a preview of the actual academy. If you take the time and become very famillier with the information presented in the computer learning it will make your time at the academy that much easier.

Oh yeah and it's Monday through Friday, though I assume it could change by port.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hey any newark field office officers please send me a pm.

Comment

• Guys,

Do you have the States/Cities where CBPO are urgently needed?... I chose one in So Cal (was not in the urgent list) but I don't think I can wait for too long - the sooner I leave this place, the better. I think I will have to change locations. Thanks

BPA
                          test: 04/08
                          Results: Passed - 04/08
                          COE Received - 05/08
                          Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                          Panel: 07/08: Passed
                          BI: ?..
                          CBPO
                          test: 03/08
                          Results: Passed - 04/08
                          COE Received: 06/08
                          Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                          VBT: Passed 07/08
                          BI: ???
                          FBI
                          Phase I: 05/08
                          Results: Passed 05/08
                          Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                          Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                          Panel: 10/08: ???
                          PFT: 11/08: ???
                          USSS
                          TEA test: 08/07
                          Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                            You guys are killing me, with your 45 day background investigations. I know I shouldn't worry, but I'm starting to think there is a problem. Or my file fell behind somebody's desk.
                            Dont worry about your BI, will0861.

I applied on January 2007, took the test 5 months after that. I just got the call 3 days ago. That is almost 1 year and a half of waiting. Just patience. It will pay off.

Comment

• Originally posted by lady808 View Post
                              Dont worry about your BI, will0861.

I applied on January 2007, took the test 5 months after that. I just got the call 3 days ago. That is almost 1 year and a half of waiting. Just patience. It will pay off.
                              Exactly. There are hundreds of variables that effect the pace of the BI. Plus the wheels of the federal government move at the speed of cold molasses.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjstudent11 View Post
                                Hey any newark field office officers please send me a pm.
                                The Russians took over Newark !!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9176 users online. 240 members and 8936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X