300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirtStyx,

You're on your own with the jogging and living in a tent. Too far, and way, way too cold. I know you were trying to be funny, but just thinking about how cold it gets up there has me looking for thermal underwear online!
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      My poor husband!!! I feel terrible but he has been soooo supportive with all of this. ( I'm also thinking its because he is trying to get on as a 1118 crim investigator and will need payback hopefully!!) We live 8 hours away from FLETC and I dont know how true it is, but people tell me its not a good idea to fly home on the weekends just in case your flight is delayed. My parents have a condo on the beach midway between home and FLETC that they said we can use on the weekends if we want which is VERY nice to have that option. My children are older and understand that I'm doing this to better myself and the family. Like I said before, my son thinks I'm going to learn how to become Jack Bower from 24. LOL!!!

You are lucky I have 2 kids too and they are 2 and 4 it's going to be so hard to leave them and I live in NY so no weekend trips. But it's going to be worth it in the long run!
      CBPO
      Test: July 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      VBT 1/21/09-passed
      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
      BI - Cleared
      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Congrats on the fruitbasket.....lol.

Also would like to say this is my second BI with CBP first was for CBP Tech position, so this was a re-investigation they said. Funny how they gave me a NOPA on the ducuments they already had, so i just had to remind them of that.....LOL. Plus the secret clearance i already have as an MP and my public trust background with TSA so thats 4 SF86's in since 2006 and another when i first went in the military 2002. WOOHOO.

So the Adjudicator told me that my file is in the Director of Personal Securties Office. So who knows how long it will be....

But I will still wait, I have no real choice in it anyway just working here in the sandbox. Would still love to get the email that I'm cleared.

We got attacked recently one injured but my pooch and I went out and did some work, all is good other then that. Stay strong in this crazy process.....

SGT. K
        "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          Are you kidding me??? Did you have any hangups?? My BI already sent the report in. Does this mean I'm not even close to getting my last pretty green check?? Im a boring file, that's what the BI told me!! Never been arrested, no relatives living or ever lived in another country, havent moved in over 8 years, and I have perfect credit!! Did I mention the word boring??? I'm calling tomorrow to do alittle PI work of my own.( I know... Good luck with that!!!)
          Same here, pretty boring back ground.. I went out of the country twice in 10 years.. one on a cruise.. the other to Jaimaca.. I think what held me up so much was.. I have such a COMMON name.. when I bought my house I had a book I had to sign.. because of the name.. it might of been that.. but besides that nothing much.
          Test 10/07
          TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
            So if a port is completely manned out, but doesn't have any 5's or 7's, they can go out and hire more? What if a port has too many 9's but not enough 7's, do they get to go out and hire more 7's? What do they do about the extra 9's? They can't just get rid of them. What happens if the 7's are eligible for promotion before the 9's make 11? The 7's can't be refused promotion if they are doing their jobs successfully. If there are too many 9's then they promote to 11's do they now have too many 11's? How can they have too many 11's if they aren't over manned? It is not a rank structure it is a pay grade. An 11 is not a supervisor, so they technically can't tell you what to do (though you'd be a fool not to listen to them). They can be team leaders and can give advice, but that is about it. A 9 can't tell a 7 or 5 what to do and a 7 can't tell a 5 what to do. In fact I've seen a 7 placed in a position in charge of 9's and an 11 (not that I agreed with that decision). I think you or your wife has a few things confused.
            This is the last I will comment on this.. cause this is not an argument,and were here for support... 1st damn you can type LOL.. I take it your an officer? if so what??.. your on the line? maybe in secondary?? and officer will have no clue of the REAL process of hiring.. unless you work out of Washington or MHC.. or up stairs ... chiefs etc.. if your an officer.. stick to immigration and customs answers.. not the hiring process.. I talk cause.,., again.. I get a little of the scoop about what happens up stairs.. anyway... GO YANKEES!!!!
            Test 10/07
            TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
              Same here, pretty boring back ground.. I went out of the country twice in 10 years.. one on a cruise.. the other to Jaimaca.. I think what held me up so much was.. I have such a COMMON name.. when I bought my house I had a book I had to sign.. because of the name.. it might of been that.. but besides that nothing much.
              Hey Justwaiting,
              You spelled my country wrong.. It's JAMAICA

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                Hey Justwaiting,
                You spelled my country wrong.. It's JAMAICA
                Sorry!!
                Test 10/07
                TSU 8/24/09

Comment

Sorry!!
                  DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN BUDDY!!!!!!!

Comment

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN BUDDY!!!!!!!
                    Hey I see your from NJ.. why your trying to work in Arizona?? just curious
                    Test 10/07
                    TSU 8/24/09

Comment

Hey I see your from NJ.. why your trying to work in Arizona?? just curious
                      Here we go again Justwaiting, I'm from the Big Apple not NJ. Well, I was waiting for a TO for NY/JFK but MHC said they didnt think they were going to get to my score and its been over 18mths now so i changed it to Arizona which was a in need port.

Comment

Here we go again Justwaiting, I'm from the Big Apple not NJ. Well, I was waiting for a TO for NY/JFK but MHC said they didnt think they were going to get to my score and its been over 18mths now so i changed it to Arizona which was a in need port.
                        Sorry again.. I'm new to this forum and learning how to use it.. WOW do you have family there?? that's a BIG step.. I'm from NY I live in NJ now..
                        Test 10/07
                        TSU 8/24/09

Comment

Sorry again.. I'm new to this forum and learning how to use it.. WOW do you have family there?? that's a BIG step.. I'm from NY I live in NJ now..
                          NOPE! It will be a whole new world for me. Im a flight attendant so I have been everywhere in the US and I just loved Arizona so I said let me give it a try. (Hopefully)

Comment

NOPE! It will be a whole new world for me. Im a flight attendant so I have been everywhere in the US and I just loved Arizona so I said let me give it a try. (Hopefully)
                            Good luck to you.. I hear of alot of people doing that to just dread it.. I hope you dont.. Hey you never know maybe we will be in FLETC together he-he
                            Test 10/07
                            TSU 8/24/09

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                They have a place, but it might not be fighting crime with their fists all of the time. Jut because most girls can't do pull-ups or push their own body weight up 5 times without their knees on the ground and few can outrun a fleeing man doesn't mean they don't have investigative minds or that they can't pull a mean trigger and arrive as backup. Some can do all of that stuff, some even better than me - it would be foolish to turn good candidates away.

It really isn't an issue for CBP, though
                                I wouldnt mind rolling with that blonde Andrea from "Police Women of Broward County"!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4036 users online. 290 members and 3746 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X